Kill Bill Fight Sequences

I am with QT 100% when it comes to wire-fu. I mean i think its totally fake and doesnt have that feel that the movie should have.

I loved CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON but sometimes it pissed me off when i realised that they were using so much wires (the trees sequences etc.). Up to now i just heard that QT used wire ONCE with the Bride in the House of Blue Leaves but i hope he doesnt use it and it looks like he wont coz he is so against it. I understand him completely.

J/W

I think I know why QT used wires for when The Bride jumps onto a rafter in the HOBL.

In old school Kung Fu films, there is a kind of shot that many of the films have where for instance in Enter The Dragon when Bruce is out sneaking around Hans Island, suddenly Bruce hears someone coming so he jumps like Spider Man up into a tree. Its like a comic booky WHOOSH! sound and hes in the tree, it happens really fast. I think that kind of shot is like a common thing in old school Kung Fu films.

Im just guessing, but maybe thats what The Bride does in Kill Bill.

Crouching Tiger was so heavy in wire fu because it was supposed to be about the mythic days of Kung Fu. It almost seemed like a dream the way they glided around.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this flick has wire-work up the ass. It’s all over the place.

How do you know Spongebob Squarepants? You read the script?

Sorry but I dont trust anyone named Spongebob. :slight_smile:

Wo Ping was interviewed for a Hong Kong publication, if I remember correctly, and he said that they would be using a lot of wires but it would be more grounded in reality than CTHD or The Matrix.

The name comes from an inside joke, don’t let it get in the way of me being taken seriously.

guys i have the script right beside me and i say, where the hell should there be more than one or two shots with wires???

i reall can’t find them, it’s all just sword fighting.

[quote]Sorry to burst your bubble, but this flick has wire-work up the ass. It’s all over the place.[/quote]

Spongebob you should read the previous posts before you make blind assumptions like this.

Arrrgghhhh!! Maybe a bit too quick to judge but check out http://www.monkeypeaches.com. Looks like they’re having problems filming the fight scenes. Some crap about how some sequences were harder to make than expected. The hold up may force Tarantino to cut some scenes. Again, check out the monkey peaches exclusive for details.

Oh shit! That’s bullshit. Just take the extra time and complete the scenes. This is not good news in my opinion. You can’t make the greatest “kung fu/exploitation/grindhouse epic ever” by cutting scenes out so early in production. I hope Tarantino tells the producers to “Fuck Off!” How much attention and money has QT made for those Miramax assholes? They owe him. They can’t sell him out now!

By the way, I think Lawrence Bender’s a prick too and probably somewhere behind this! >:(

WHAT THE FUCK?!!!

He just started shooting the damn movie and theyre already making him cut scenes?!!! Thats BS. This isnt good news at all. Those fuckers at Miramax better let QT do his film the way he wants to. QT has plenty of time to film the movie, big deal if it takes a little longer than expected.

while i’ve been reading the script i thought to myself “how many years are they gonna need for THAT house of damn blue leaves???”.

it’s really a massacre they need to shot there, lots of complex work.

i hope it doesn’t take them TOO long.

@guys at the set: don’t sleep, work all night, don’t eat, don’t piss: SHOOT IT!

I’m sure there will be some wire fu in the movie… but as such I doubt it would be used in the conventional way… I really keep going back to the final fight in the Tsui Hark movie “The Blade” (not to be confused w/ Wesley Snipes vampire movie of same name) to get a small taste of a hard hitting fight scene that blurs the line between super badass kung fu with minimal wire fu.

I’m not all that worried about this latest report on MonkeyPeaches… I mean what movie in production do you not hear some news statement about it being behind schedule. It’s not that uncommon to hear that. I remember the production of the first Matrix movie and how it was dragging along and all kinds of problems… with several people saying w/ all its troubles the movie possibly couldn’t be good… and then of course the Matrix came out to theaters… and it kicked ass. Some of the best movies ever made have had been some of the most chaotic filmed produced movies ever… all that matters is that final lockdowned cut of the movie.

All I know is it is a good thing… a very good thing if they are taking the time to get the fight sequences just right… QT and company obviously want to deliver the goods on Kill Bill. With all the talent & experience involved in making these fight scenes happen… I think Kill Bill is in safe hands.

Also keep in mind for any one scene or parts of a scene they may not have time to nail this time around… they could always come back later in production and try one more stab at it.

Thanks for the insight badassmovieman. Your right about all that stuff. Ive been getting so wrapped up Kill Bill, every thing that I hear, Im jumping all over the place. I just dont think Miramax should be telling QT he has to start cutting scenes so early in production. He just started like 2 weeks ago. Thats just stupid. Its his first film in like 5 years. Give the guy some slack I say.

I lik fight scenes…I just hope Quentin doesn’t think he has an obligation to have only THREE climatic scenes in his movies, and just have all the rest be dialogue, I’m not saying I don’t like his dialogue-i love it, but most movies have only 3 intense scens…that’s action movies that is…

It should be more like Rodriguez’ “Desperado” with fight scens and street battles all over the place.

I hope Quentin will have lots of gore…what I hear there HAS to be more than three fight scenes.

Also, will there be an “Gangsters & Gun Molls” as in gun play? I hear most is just Kung-Fu and Samuri, but will he toss in his classic use of guns?

Kyle in what film rulebook does it state action films only have 3 intense action scenes? Where do you get your information on this stuff?

Gangsters and Gun Molls? I dont get that either.

there’s ONE BIG FUCKING GUNFIGHt in Kill Bill. That’s in chapter 5. But as far as I know, they won’t even film chapter 5. Harry said it’s cut out…

in Chapter 5 theres bullets all over.

Who said anything about a rulebook? I’m just saying most movies only have enough time to put three “climatic” scenes…plus most action movies are stupid so the rest of the film is full of BS, watch any James Bond movie and you’ll know what I’m saying…

As far as Gangsters and Gun Molls…simply any shootout scenes. “Gangsters & Gun Molls” was an old Pulp Fiction novel series…

Jungle Bunny your Kyle? Why the name switch?

3 climactic scenes is another thing all together. You were saying 3 “fight scenes”. Most films have more than just 3 fight scenes in them.

Gangsters and Gun Molls isnt the definition of gunplay either. A Gangster is a person who is a robber, mafia member etc. A Gun Moll is a thief or the other definition of moll is “a gangsters girlfriend or prostitute”.

You shouldve just simply said “Will there be any gun battles or shoot outs in the film?”

IF QT is paying homage to the 70’s Hong Kong film then there shouldn’t be any wire work cos all they did those days were standing in front of each other and really fight. If QT really want that then I can understand the conflict between him and Yuen.

However on the other hand the one-on-one sword fight never change a bit, because Japanese cinema was already really serious about how to depict sameuri battle. So in a way there is no process/improvement there but Hong Kong had let them imagination fly since soon very different now.

Seriously if QT want that he doesn;t need Yuen for the movie… some how I think he is trying to pay tribute to Yuen but in the end it cannot be forced to happen.