The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

KILL BILL DIRECTORS CUT DVDS release?

from dvd.ign.com:

October 25, 2004 - A website dedicated to action figures may have given away the release date of one of the biggest titles of 2005. Figures.com was talking about the release of a new batch of Kill Bill action figures, and said this:

"As previously reported, NECA’s Kill Bill action figure series will continue in 2005. Series 2 is slated to hit store shelves in conjunction with the August 5th release of the Director’s Cut of the two films; Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2. The line-up will consist of The Bride II, Pai Mai, Elle Driver and fan-favorite Bill."

You get three guesses what Disney’s response was, and the first two don’t count.

meh… august. what a long ass wait. i was hoping for early 2005, but alas, it wont be.

Quentin says he has a shit load of extras for the DVD Special Features.

Will it be a Directors Cut of each volume? or the movie as a whole?

[quote=“young_master”]
Will it be a Directors Cut of each volume? or the movie as a whole?
[/quote]

… or both

[quote=“Fatale”]
Quentin says he has a shit load of extras for the DVD Special Features.
[/quote]

ha ha, yep, those exact words

Hi im new, but i can’t wait for this dvd, it;s gonna rock ;D. I hope he puts some more deleted scenes if any into it like the poker game and gogos sister.

There wasnt any deleted scenes. The reason they split the movie is because it was so big and Harvey didnt want anything cut out

[quote=“Fatale”]
There wasnt any deleted scenes. The reason they split the movie is because it was so big and Harvey didnt want anything cut out
[/quote]

that doesnt mean there cant be any deleted scenes!

Quentin said he has no intention of shooting more scenes, so the Yuki’s Revenge wont happen.

Maybe there is some small stuff Sally edited who knows

[quote=“Fatale”]
Quentin said he has no intention of shooting more scenes, so the Yuki’s Revenge wont happen.

Maybe there is some small stuff Sally edited who knows
[/quote]

for all we know there could be a whole bunch of dialoge, alternative shots and stuff. that counts as “deleted scenes”

Dose anyone know when or if…a Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 will be relesed togeher as a collector edition or double pack?

soon i hope, i havent bought the dvd’s seperate, im waiting for the double pack so i can safe some money and shit

Kill Bill as one movie is supposed to come out next summer, and the SE dvd will probably hit shelves around that time also.

[quote=“Yasmin”]
[/quote]
What about the Damoe scene, that was deleted.

im gona buy these movies if they have shit loads of extra so it gets to be a 2-disc special edition!

I swear to god if Tarantino doesnt do a commentary Ill personally track him down and strangle him.

[quote=“Kyrus”]
What about the Damoe scene, that was deleted.
[/quote]

well, he left it out on purpose, i dont think he’ll re-integrate it. he left it out because he thought it didnt fit in

i already have vol 1 and 2…man i hate when they do that with dvds, they should release like normal edition, special edition all in one time so ppl dont have to buy the same movie 1000 times

What about that kung fu scene with that Mike dude?

Yeah i think that was the one and only ‘deleted scene’. The others that were in the script, but weren’t in the movie, simply weren’t filmed.