Kill Bill as one Movie

i hate it when that happens

[quote]

That’s funny, because I had a retort to this statement, hmmm where did it go, did it fly away[/quote]

I think it was “Seb has finally broken me and I no longer can poke fun at him or any of the other forum members, excluding AleXbLaCK.”

“And Buono is super sexy.”

I’ll break you baby whip

can i help? ;Di love to break my inglorious bastards

has anyone seen great escape that is 3h 59m long so if they could to that in one disk they could do it for kb

they can’t, due to quality issues. great escape is far older and does not take up the quality bandwith.

kill bill vol1 and 2 already have pretty bad video quality for todays standards. fuck miramax’s dvd department for that

check out cnn:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ … index.html”>http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/10/film.killbill.ap/index.html</LINK_TEXT>

I hope it’ll be the Jap version with English subs. That’d be awesome.

No i believe its 3 hr 59 mins.If my version is the theatrical cut.I have that new dvd and it says clearly 3h 59 min.

[quote]No i believe its 3 hr 59 mins.If my version is the theatrical cut.I have that new dvd and it says clearly 3h 59 min.[/quote]

it’s 172 minutes (PAL). i own it

pal i see well ntsc its 3 59

[color=Orange]Hello, I’m new here.

I thought I’d mention that, today, I watched my own personal 4 hr. 30 min. (or something close to that) cut of KILL BILL which I re-edited from the Japanese DVD of VOL. 1 & the US DVDs for VOL. 1 & 2.

It actually works for me as a single epic film, which I wasn’t entriely sure it would since both Volumes have different tones (with 1 being more action-oriented & 2 being more dramatic).

I took out the chapter listings and some minor scenes (as well as any mention of The Bride’s daughter being alive), re-arranged some of the scenes and flashbacks as well as including the deleted Carradine/ Michael Jai White fight scene from VOL. 2 . And I actually have the The Bride going down the list in order, so Vivica Fox’s demise doesn’t happen until close to 2 hrs. into this version.

Unfortunately, I had to record this in EP in order to fit the whole thing onto one VHS.

It’ll be interesting to compare my version to Tarantino’s official version.

8)

[color=Orange]Hello PimpDaddy!

I took out the chapter listings because I wanted the film to appear as seamless as possible, as we would see in a regular film. Although the various flashbacks still appear throughout, I ended up showing Beatrix’s pursuit of the Deadly Vipers in the order they appear on her list. If I kept the chapter listings, I wouldn’t be able to do that.

The minor scenes I took out were of Bill asking Sofie if Beatrix knows that her daughter is still alive (I wanted that to appear as a surprise for both Beatrix and the hypothetical audience who hasn’t seen either film yet), and I also took out Beatrix’s plane ride after she kills Oren and The Crazy 88 (where she starts the list and which leads into the semi-trailer of VOL. 2).

I used a dvd shrink program to Combine Volume 1 and 2 together, stopped after chapter 17 on Volume 1 and began on Chapter 2 of Volume 2, subs and surround sound all still intact and burned onto DVD-R, very good quality, movie played out well as a whole

[color=Orange]If I were to name the sequences (similar to DVD chapter listings) in the order that I presented them in my version, they would read something like this:

1 Miramax/Shawscope/Grindhouse intro

2 Sofie in the Trunk (from the Japanese DVD where her other arm gets cut off and the Bride rolls her down to the hospital)/The Bride’s Death Threat

3 Klingon Revenge Proverb/Bill’s soliloquy (flashback)/Title seq.

4 Texas Rangers and the Blood-splattered Bride

5 Buck/Pussy Wagon and Oren’s Backstory (Uncut Anime Seq. from the Japanese DVD)

6 Hattori Hanzo

7 Showdown at the House of Blue Leaves (in COLOR and Uncut from the Japanese DVD)/Oren’s Demise

8 Wedding Chapel Massacre (flashback)

9 Vernita’s Demise

10 Budd’s story

11 Cemetery Part 1

12 Bill’s showdown in China (deleted scene - flashback)

13 Bill’s campfire story of Pai Mei (flashback)

14 Pai Mei’s training of Beatrix (flashback)

15 Cemetery Part 2

16 Budd’s Demise

17 Battle of the Blonde Goddesses

18 The Bride and Esteban

19 Family Reunion/ Pregnancy Test (flashback)

20 Kill Bill

21 End Credits/Uma’s “Eyepulling” Outro

I also cut out the Bride’s recap to the audience at the beginning of VOL. 2 - again to make both films seem like a seamless single film.

I pretty much left VOL. 2 intact minus the film’s chapter listings.

8)

You know there’s a reason why he put Vernita before O-Ren right? The final fight with O-Ren is like the climax to the film, and if AFTER that you would have the Vernita fight, it would be this huge anti-climax imo.

I love the film cause of it’s non-linear story telling, and I cannot imagine how much it would suck in linear form.

Just my opinion ofcourse ;D

And welcome to the boards

[quote][color=Orange]Hello, I’m new here.

I thought I’d mention that, today,  I watched my own personal 4 hr. 30 min. (or something close to that) cut of KILL BILL which I re-edited from the Japanese DVD of VOL. 1 & the US DVDs for VOL. 1 & 2.

It actually works for me as a single epic film, which I wasn’t entriely sure it would since both Volumes have different tones (with 1 being more action-oriented & 2 being more dramatic).

I took out the chapter listings and some minor scenes (as well as any mention of The Bride’s daughter being alive), re-arranged some of the scenes and flashbacks as well as including the deleted Carradine/ Michael Jai White fight scene from VOL. 2 . And I actually have the The Bride going down the list in order, so Vivica Fox’s demise doesn’t happen until close to 2 hrs. into this version.

Unfortunately, I had to record this in EP in order to fit the whole thing onto one VHS.

It’ll be interesting to compare my version to Tarantino’s official version.

8)[/quote]

Why would you make it into a linear form? Don't fuck with Tarantino's movies, they're best the way they are. I mean not having his films in chronological order is his style, and a fuckin cool one at that. But if you thought the film was better in chronological order, than I suppose that's ok, but try to make a proper Tarantino cut in that, you leave out that part with Bill and Sophie in the hospital onwards in volume 1 and the next part have the rest of volume 2 without that re-telling of the story by Bea whilst she is in the car. (and offcourse have the Japanese version of volume 1)

[color=Orange]First off.

I can do whatever I want with the movies, since I own these DVDs. I can watch the scenes in any order I like. I’m not forcing anyone to watch it. This is for my own personal amusement, and those of my close friends. Obviously, you guys can do the same if you choose to or choose NOT to.

It wasn’t my intention to put the “kills” in chronological order, it ended up that way after viewing VOL. 2 for the second time on DVD (since I had first seen it in the theater back in April).

Originally, I was going to place the House of Blue Leaves sequence much later in my 4 hrs + version, and make the film as a whole even more non-linear than it already was - so there would be this huge build up to that segment before we encounter the Family Reunion. For example, we would hear Budd and Bill talking about it, which would create an anticipation to see this event (sort of like Mr. White and Mr Pink talking about Mr. Blonde going crazy during the robbery in RESEVOIR DOGS, but this time we would see the event later on). But then I changed my mind, since that approach would also be anti-climatic.

All I can say is after watching my version, it is not as anti-climatic as some of you might think to place Vernita’s demise sometime after the House of Blue Leaves, and place it at the begining of the 2nd half after the Wedding Chapel Massacre flashback (from VOL. 2), since I am viewing this as one big epic film and NOT as two separate movies.

Watching my version, for me, was like watching a sprawling epic like Kurosawa’s “SEVEN SAMURAI” - not that KILL BILL is on par with that. But it does have that epic old school Japanese chambara/Italian Spaghetti Western feel.

I agree, if you view VOL. 1 simply by itself, it would be anti-climatic to have Vernita’s death after the House of Blue Leaves segment.

But obviously, I did not do that. My goal was to set up sympathy for the Bride’s emotional dlimema BEFORE we see her go after her enemies (with exception to the Brides’ Death Threat to the remaining Vipers via Sofie in the trunk, that I placed as a “hook” before the opening credits, which builds up to the Klingon “Revenge” quote). I wanted a slow (but still emotionally engaging) build up that you would normally see in old European/Asian films and American films from the 70’s BEFORE MTV shortened nearly everyone’s attention spans.

And although the kills are in chronological order, my version as a whole is NOT entirely linear.

And VOL. 2 for the most part is linear, as far as the Bride’s Death List is concerned (with exception of Elle’s “questionable” situation :wink:)

I think Quentin would get a kick out of his fans creating their own versions of his films, since it creates a new appreciation for the film process as a whole (and editing in particular). I have heard him say something to that effect on some talk show back in the PULP FICTION days. And I’m sure he’s probably done something “film geeky” like this himself for personal amusement, before he got his big break.

Some of you “fans” sound just as anal about me changing things up, as his detractors who berate him for his many homages and pop culture references. Lighten up. I can still pop in my DVDs anytime to watch his official edits of VOL. 1 & 2.

Film is supposed to be a fun, entertaining, challenging, artistic, and creative experience. And Quentin’s films embody all of the above in my opinion.

And this is me (a fan) having my own personal fun with one of his films.

8)

Okidoko

Yes Goatfish, I suppose it is ok for you to do something like this for your own (and others) pleasure.

I’m curious to know which cut you liked better, Tarantino’s full cut, or your own cut??

Goatfish, i can’t imagine not starting out with The Bride getting shot in the head!

that is probably my favorite intro scene in any movie!

it’s not the intro in your cut?! :o

well, i guess it’s your business seeing how it’s your cut. :-/

don’t mean to be insulting, it’s just my meager opinion.