John Hughes has died

I liked Home Alone when I was a kid and Plains, Trains, and Automobiles - he directed that right?

Anyways he died.

:-[

Planes*

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off was a masterpiece.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I grew up watching John Hughes movies… Hughes defined my adolesence NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO he cant be dead

Whoa whoa, when did this happen!

This sucks! :frowning: I spent my childhood watching his films too. :frowning: This sucks so bad.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Whoa whoa, when did this happen!
[/quote]

This morning. He had a heart attack while taking a walk in NYC.

And they say walking is GOOD for your heart. Pshh. Sad news.

:’( :’( :’( :’(

I get nostalgic about John Hughes movies … the clothes the music the situations … they really captured what it meant to be a teenager in the 80’s

:’( :’( :’(

What it meant to be a teenager in any decade, really.

[quote=“F.W.”]
What it meant to be a teenager in any decade, really.
[/quote]

Regardless of clothes, music, or styles, that fucker understood it like no one else. He only happened to be making them in the 80s as far as I’m concerned.

Damn, he sure was a great writer for teenage movies like Home Alone and Beethoven. Home Alone (1 & 2) is with The Goonies, my fav kid movie ever.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Damn, he sure was a great writer for teenage movies like Home Alone and Beethoven. Home Alone (1 & 2) is with The Goonies, my fav kid movie ever.
[/quote]

He made Beethoven?!

Man, he was good. That nerdy kid was hilarious.

Yeah, he wrote it at least. Didn’t directed it. He wrote the two Home Alone (and the third and fourth, which I never saw cause there was no Macaulay Culkin) and Beethoven 1-2 (and the others too but same, didn’t watch them).

Planes, Trains…is one of my favourite movies.

his movies are my childhood - RIP John Hughes - one of the greats :slight_smile:

One of the greatest writers ever and one of my personal favorites, real sad. I dont think he ever really wrote a bad movie.

Uncle Buck,The Great Outdoors,The Breakfast Club,Weird Science,Home Alone,Vaction,Christmas Vaction,Dutch,Plane Trains & Automobiles,Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,Beethoven. RIP John Hughes.

The Breakfast Club!

Shit, that’s a classic, I used to watch that movie a lot when I was like 12 or something. That crazy dance they do was hilarious.

R.I.P John Hughes. You will be missed. :-[

My favorites include: Uncle Buck, Home Alone and Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

He was one of the greatest in the film industry and will always be one of my favorites. He was definitely someone I looked up to as a film maker. He and John Candy together was hands down my favorite actor/director combo. I’ll never forget that some of my favorite movies were directed and/or written by him.

R.I.P John Hughes.

I just got home tonight from work and saw John Hughes died, so had to find this thread to pay my respects to one of America’s greatest writer/directors.

- YouTube

I’m still kind of bummed about this. I hadn’t revisited his films in awhile but he was the biggest on influence on a film I made for a grade 11 film class. I owe him that.

John Hughes completely changed how teenagers were represented on the silver screen. Even today, we are still feeling the influence of films like The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink.

He wasn’t even that old, either. Such a shame.