Joel Schumacher: Not so bad

have you even seen it? how can you compare it to Tigerland?

[quote]have you even seen it? how can you compare it to Tigerland?[/quote]

I won’t lie. I haven’t seen it, so I won’t boldly fight you yet, but I can honestly say that nothing I’ve heard for A Time to Kill comes CLOSE to matching the brilliance of the movie that is Tigerland. Check that film out kids. It is the stuff.

How can I compare it? Maybe you meant how would I, but for the time being I’ll say that you can compare any film with just about any other film.

While we’re on the topic, tell me about A Time To Kill (no spoilers). You have me interested.

I think A Time to Kill was a slow, boring and half-assed attempt at an oppersion film. Some of it worked most of it didn’t. Schumacher lost his touch with direction (except 8MM) after A Time To Kill. I hated Phone Booth and Tigerland. Tigerland tried to mix psychological shit with a wannabe FMJ style script. Phone Booth was extremely muddled and weak. Falling Down is his best film however, I loved Micheal Douglas in that film sooooo much. Badass-ness to the ninth extent! 8)

Yeah, but how could anyone not like Falling Down, honestly.

Douglas is so god damn funny in this. Mexican Fella-“Hey maine, chew know you can’t sit on der right?” Douglas-“Why not?” Mexican Fella-*points to a stupid ass looking gang sign painted on the piece of cement…“Can’s chew fuckin’ read main? It says, no fucking outsiders” Douglas-“Maybe if you wrote it in fucking english then I could fucking understand it”. He just destroys everything. Awesome, awesome movie.

A Time to Kill opens up with these rednecks raping a 10 year old black girl. Her father played by Samuel Jackson kills them. So if he is killed justice prevails but if he is let go justice prevails.

the only problem i have with Falling Down is the concept. a guy goes on a shooting rampage on the way home to celebrate his kids birthday?? you have to be quite insane to do that.

[quote]the only problem i have with Falling Down is the concept. a guy goes on a shooting rampage on the way home to celebrate his kids birthday??  you have to be quite insane to do that. [/quote]

Uh that was the concept. He reached the limits of his boring everyday life away from his daughter and wife. He was having a bad day to boot so he decides to go see his daughter.

Or did you even miss the whole point of the film?

no i know thats the concept i just think its not a very good one. dont get me wrong, i enjoyed the movie but his actions were a bit extreme

Well he didn’t really kill anyone. Just terrorized people in a somewhat unjustified way. :-/

Spoiler*****

I actually felt extremely sorry when he died, anyone can do this and have the same fate as he did.

*****End Spoiler

Michael Douglas was very much another version of Travis Bickle. He feels he’s a victim of a rotting urban life and goes to some extremes in order to prove his point. All in all, great movie and great performance.

Yea, i didnt really care for falling down too much, it was a really good premise, but it couldve been so much better. Douglas was really good in it, and i thought they couldve lost that whole thing about Duval’s wife, it was too big. parts of it were really good, and parts were really bad, like that white power guy, he was really annoying.

white powere guy being the nazi?

I was watching Tigerland a while back and though: another well-made movie with a fucking point. Schumacher is good i think