Jazz

any other fans here except me? i’m a huge fan, especially Hard Bop

my favorite artists are (ofcourse) The God Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Charlie Parker

favourite songs:

Miles Davis - My Funny Valentine

John Coltrane - Blue Train

i know those 2 probably inside out, can humn with em all the way through, magical, Jazz is a sign God exists

i don’t think people realise the calmth Jazz bring with it, i suggest this to everyone, even for non Jazz fans: if you’ve just sat infront of the tv for about 5 hours (i know im not the only one :wink:) and especially if its tv, not a dvd, with commercials in your face every 15 minutes, turn off the tv and put some Miles Davis on, you won’t know whats happening to you, beats massages all to hell, it relaxes you like never before, just lay on your couch, close your eyes and listen, it’s a stunning feeling

so, spill your beans, Jazzaholics 8)

do you know the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack? awesome

i like jazz, mostly bar-jazz stuff that’s closer to blues than to acid stuff whatever… but i dont know much about it to be completely honest

Miles Davis- Tempus Fugit is one of my favorite Miles songs, I love jazz

I dont listen to many Jazz records, but I love live Jazz- specially in San Fransisco, they had some of the coolest Jazz bars over there 8)

Not a big fan, but I’ll bust it out every now & then. As you’d probably expect, I’m big on the instrumentals.

Some fav’s:

Oscar Peterson-"When lights are low"

Eddie Higgins-"Lela"

Kenny Burell-"All of you"

Yusef Lateef-"Nubian Lady"

Hazel Scott-"Soon"

Thelonious Monk-"Sweet and Lovely"

George Winston-“Remembrance”

I’ll need to get more albums, I only have Blue Train, Kind of Blue and A Love Supreme. I keep meaning to get some more Coltrane and some Herbie Hancock.

I love jazz. But, I’m more of a fusion/jazz-rock type of guy. I love Guthrie Govan, Hiromi Uehara, Frank Zappa, Return To Forever, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Dixie Dregs, and Weather Report.

Well, actually…Jaco Pastorious can be considered jazz. I love him. And Herbie Hancock.

[quote=“Cerpin Taxt”]
I love jazz. But, I’m more of a fusion/jazz-rock type of guy. I love Guthrie Govan, Hiromi Uehara, Frank Zappa, Return To Forever, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Dixie Dregs, and Weather Report.

Well, actually…Jaco Pastorious can be considered jazz. I love him. And Herbie Hancock.
[/quote]
Jaco was the man. How about Jeff Beck? are you a fan?

have you heard much of Django Reinhardt guitar work?