Japanese in Kill Bill

LMFAO! The things people can make connections with! But still very plausible. It could be an urban legend in QT’s movie world. Like alligators in the sewers.

It had something to do with an old lady riding his dick or sucking his dick. All I know is that dick is involved.

That’s what a read from someone’s “rough translation” from another forum.

this was already posted in another thread…but here it goes again for those who missed it.

there is all this talking/laughing where i guess the beginning of the story is told…then the crazy 88 guy continues the story…

“so then while this old man is waiting, theres this old ladys face and hes like why is it right in front my face and then his dick gets hard.”

…chatter/laughter continues…

this is my interpretation not a word-for-word break out the dictionary type translation.

-i search a translation in japanese (romanji) of the dialogue between uma and Chiaki.

-Je cherche la traduction en japonais (romaji) du dialogue entre Uma et Chiaki.

-Cerco una traduzione in Japanese del dialogo tra uma e Chiaki:

YUKI (JAPANESE)

You call that begging? You can beg

better than that…

that part was subtitled in english

The joke that the Crazy 88 guy tells is the same exact joke that Nice Guy Eddie told in Reservoir Dogs. The one about E. Lois and the guy’s dick being stuck to his belly when he got a boner, and he had to piss standing up

except it’s in japanese

[quote]Actually, O-ren is not supposed to be able to speak japanese. She’s half chinese, half japanese american, remember? That’s why she gets so pissed of at that guy who brought up her heritage. She also speaks through a translator when they have the meeting. [/quote]

I think you guys are wrong about the translator thing. Sofie’s not there to translate Japanese for O-ren, she’s there as O-ren’s secretary and knows english as well. So when O-ren speaks in english, Sofie translates for the rest of the council. Therefore…O-ren probably can speak Japanese just fine. I’m not sure how’d she ever have a remote chance of being queen of Tokyo’s underworld if she couldn’t speak japanese!

[quote]that part was subtitled in english[/quote]

No, i search the sentences in japanese

well in the theater here in America…there were no Japanese sentences on the screen…all the subtitles were in English. so that part was subtitled already.

I think he wants you to translate that sentence into Japanese text. Can you really do that? I mean, is it possible to write a Japanese sentence using the English alphabet? I’m totally ignorant about this. Damn, I wish I knew Japanese; it sounds so cool 8)

[quote]I think he wants you to translate that sentence into Japanese text. Can you really do that? I mean, is it possible to write a Japanese sentence using the English alphabet? I’m totally ignorant about this. Damn, I wish I knew Japanese; it sounds so cool  8)[/quote]

Yes, it’s possibl n with the romaji (Japanese using Roman alphabet)

…that would make more sense i guess

[quote]ODing_Bitch, you can listen this short mp3 and translate the whole thing!..

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.streamload.com/EFCmovies/Kil … -GoGo1.mp3”>http://www.streamload.com/EFCmovies/Kill-Bill/Japaneese-guy-joke_Oren-GoGo1.mp3</LINK_TEXT> (313kb)

I can say from knowing french, Julie Dreyfus probably speaks french really, but she says her line like she is on a film-set (I guess in China) far away from a french country and far away from other french-speaking people… She says the line like the whole crew doesn’t understand what she is saying…

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.streamload.com/EFCmovies/Kil … hquote.mp3”>http://www.streamload.com/EFCmovies/Kill-Bill/JulieDreyfus_frenchquote.mp3</LINK_TEXT> (96kb)

those two very short sound-clips are only for our research in the film-making techniques in Kill Bill, I will remove those files from my server as soon as our study is complete.[/quote]

Julie Dreyfus is half french in real life

[quote]

I think you guys are wrong about the translator thing. Sofie’s not there to translate Japanese for O-ren, she’s there as O-ren’s secretary and knows english as well. So when O-ren speaks in english, Sofie translates for the rest of the council. Therefore…O-ren probably can speak Japanese just fine. I’m not sure how’d she ever have a remote chance of being queen of Tokyo’s underworld if she couldn’t speak japanese![/quote]

I thought that O-Ren could speak fucking good japanese. She is to smart to allowed someone to speak for her without knowing if it is right.

I thought she used Sofie for translation only to show that she is the boss. Like a “Queen” use a person to give ather servents order.

A woman like O-Ren who wanna kill japanese guys for the morder of her family would learn japanes to make it easier to find them…

Um…do we need translations? We can see him with his hands above his crotch as if a head was there, so it probably means someone giving head, then we see him use his finger to simulate his penis, thats all there is to it really. Combined with all the people laughing we just need to know that he is telling maybe not even a joke, but an anecdote.

I thought Julie Dreyfus was fluent in Japanese and French. Said so on the official KB site, if memory serves.

Julie Dreyfuss can speak Japanese and fFrench fluently. As for the translator thing, O-ren should be able to speak Japanese fluently being the crime boss of Tokyo and all. But Lucy Lui cannot. So enters Sophie. Julie speaks Japanese to make up for the fact that Lucy cannot speak a word. And it seems like shes a translator but really i dont think that was her characters purpose.

When Oren said “Tear that bitch apart” how does that translate to Japanese?

How would you write it in english? Thanks! :-*

what the hell are you talking about?

[quote]what the hell are you talking about?
[/quote]

You guys didn’t see that? After Miki went down and got killed, O-ren screamed something in Japanese that translated to Tear that bitch apart, at least I think it did… Hmmm…

You guys didn’t see that? I’ll go check ::slight_smile: