Jackie Brown

Shit…I haven’t looked at this thread for over a month. I removed my random posts, they were just jokes, me so sorry if it seemed like they weren’t.

Yeah, the way I say it, is that this movie ages like wine…it gets better and funnier with more viewings

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.godamongdirectors.com/tarant … ticle.html”>Back In The Action</LINK_TEXT>

I haven’t seen it either, but I have been meaning to for some time. Awile back I caught about 20 minutes of it halfway through on Bravo, but decided I should wait until I can watch the whole movie.

In my opinion, the people who didn’t like Jackie Brown, Didn’t understand it well enough. Sure it aint no Pulp, but, as many people say, It’s not meant to be. it’s his tribute to blaxploitation Cinema of the 70’s. It’s a completely different style. The only thing it really has in common with Pulp fiction, is Quentin writing the screenplay and directing it. So it must be enjoyed in it’s own right. Also it’s based on the Elmore Leonard book “Rum Punch” so that has also attributed to the style of the film. So watch it with a “pulp” free mind. ;D

we all already know that elkie

Yeah, I know, I have to say I was slightly drunk when I wrote that! y’know, Christmas cheer and all!

Sometimes I dont even know why I post stuff! sigh, Well, Im an idiot! :frowning:

Sorry, new to this forum (although old to QT), but I think JB is his best movie. I love all the others and have been a big proponent of his forever (to old chums who thought the stuff was too violent to those who didn’t dig the JB thang and also those who think he can’t really write without RA). I love Pulp Fiction, but, honestly, if you were a sentient being when that movie came out and have been watching since then, it is difficult to watch it now and not be a little bored. First of all, most of why it’s boring has nothing to do with the moving being bad, in fact with how damn good it is. BUT, how many times do I have to hear it quoted (still)? How many shit nineties movies copied and compromised it? How actually childish is it if you think about it (c’mon, think about it; I’ve been a fan for over ten years, think about it).

Okay, so, sorry, but I guess if you were to do survey, PF would win for best QT movie, but as much as I love it, I think JB wins (and over all the others, all of which I have emotional attachments to) because the story is better, the characers are more fully developed (except, maybe, for the bride) and the acting is better–by that I mean it is less over-the-top, less for the camera and more for the story. Just check out the scene when Max and Jackie talk about her getting older, her ass getting bigger, and so on. Where else can you find a scene in American film where more honesty is revealed in so few words? And when Jackie meets the crackwhore at the mall, the look in her eyes . . . PG deserved an oscar for that scene.

Anyway, watch it again if you don’t believe me.

A

Greetings,

i recommend using imdb.com btw.

Regards, Bob

[quote=“Bob_Ranger”]
Greetings,

i recommend using imdb.com btw.

Regards, Bob
[/quote]

I agree IMDB.com is one of the best places to start

I watched JB on Tuesday for the first time and I agree that the acting is much better than that of PF and RD, but I still prefer them to JB. However KB vol.1 and 2 were both good for acting and action. Even if it wasn’t particularly as realistic, as JB. :slight_smile: But then was it really supposed to be… of course not they were just good movies! :slight_smile:

JB is my second fav QT movie(Pulp Fiction #1), I have no idea why people find it soooo bad. It’s one of the best movies ever made, why do so many people hate it?

Nobody finds it bad. Just after Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction most of people expecting Tarantino to do another this kind of movie, didn’t quite appreciate it. Watching it without subtitles a long time ago, when I didn’t know english so well, it was hard to understand what the hell is going on so I found it boring. I have to watch it again.

It is damn great. Louis shooting Melanie in the middle of the day in a parking lot simply beats every killing scene in Pulp Fiction. It has one of the best dark humour of all Tarantino movies.

The only problem I had with Jackie Brown is that… see if you can follow me here. QT’s films are so unique and different, but Jackie Brown, seemed to much like a “normal” movie. Most of you won’t have any idea what I’m talking about, but I’m sure some of you, will know excactly.

Jackie Brown is a really good movie period. It’s not just a good Quentin Tarantino movie, it’s a good movie period. My favorite Quentin Tarantino movie is RD, but my second QT movie is Jackie Brown. Jackie Brown has good dialogue, good camera shots, and good acting. The makings of a good Quentin Tarantino movie to me.

[quote=“CopperHead”]
The only problem I had with Jackie Brown is that… see if you can follow me here. QT’s films are so unique and different, but Jackie Brown, seemed to much like a “normal” movie. Most of you won’t have any idea what I’m talking about, but I’m sure some of you, will know excactly.
[/quote]

in what “normal” movie does a guy just shoot a good-looking chick into the guts just because she can’t shut up? what “normal” movie stars actors over 40? what “normal” movie has dudes sitting around a room watching chicks-who-love-guns? what “normal” movie has de niro playing a stoner fucking bridget fonda in the ass???

this movie is not normal i’d say

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
in what “normal” movie does a guy just shoot a good-looking chick into the guts just because she can’t shut up? what “normal” movie stars actors over 40? what “normal” movie has dudes sitting around a room watching chicks-who-love-guns? what “normal” movie has de niro playing a stoner fucking bridget fonda in the ass???

this movie is not normal i’d say
[/quote]

Actors over 40! That definetly isn’t normal. shivers But seriously, I don’t mean it as in the plot, I think maybe it was no pre-credit sequence, etc, etc, that made me find it “normal.” Or atleast more normal then a QT movie.

Jackie Brown is coming on on BBC 1 (here in the UK) if anybody is interested. It started at 11:15.

JB is one of QTs best works as a director so far. I love it!

Word.