The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Jack Rabbit Slims in Reservoir Dogs!

I was just watching Reservoir Dogs and was wondering why the music stops on its own in the ear slicing scene. Then I listened closely and realized that the radio didn’t shut off but took a commercial break. If you listen closely I think one of the ads is for Jack Rabbit Slims. Listen during the shot that pans left to right from Orange to a dying Blonde. You hear a woman on the radio saying Jack Rabbit Slims several times. Its right after Orange shoots Blonde.

Thats cool. Ill have to listen for it.

[quote=“FilmGuy”]
Listen during the shot that pans left to right from Orange to a dying Blonde.
[/quote]

I meant the shot that pans left from Orange with the gun to Blonde dying. Forget the “to right” in that sentence.

Cool… But pretty strange…

holy fuck i heard it, that is weird

I Listened for this… its unlikely that anyone seeing the film for the first time would notice but it actually pretty funny under the extreme circumstances…

i had known about it earlier but wasnt sure if it was for real or not, but i know now it is.

there is one in Pulp fiction as well though, when butch walks past a car with an open window

[quote=“Angel”]
there is one in Pulp fiction as well though, when butch walks past a car with an open window
[/quote]

Really? - runs off to check -

i have to watch that again

I have never noticed it on RD but on Pulp Fiction I did the first time. There are a lot of refrences in those movies I believe. Like they talk about somebody named Bonnie in RD.

I think today I am going to watch both and see what I find lol

Just watched it again today and I did notcie it this time. That is awesome man good ear

damn guy u really investd sum hearin into this one i neva wudda tried to pay attention if it wasnt for u…hahha syke

[quote=“QT6rox”]
Just watched it again today and I did notcie it this time. That is awesome man good ear
[/quote]
QT6, maybe that was Marvin Nash’s ear :slight_smile:

im gona check dis one ou tonight

checked it out with my headphones on my computer when u turn it up loud enough wearing head phones you can hear it clearly.nice listening though.

I definitely gotta check this…this is fuckin’ awesome!

The good shit was i have Rd in my right hand, now, at this moment gonna check this!!

Holy crap!! it’s true! man! great ear! are you musician?

Speakin of the radio in RD what was that mexican tune when Mr Blonde turns on the radio?

IF ANYONE KNOWS PLEASE ANWSER!!