Is it just me or do all the movies "presented by QT" suck?

Saw was pretty cool…and I normally hate movies that are only set upon a scooby doo theme :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh no! Its the crazy professor afterall!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

saw was original but what i hate about it is the far-fetchedness and the lack of realism. all that game thing and whatever, it’s just not credible, its almost funny… hostel on the other side was credible and that made it scary

[quote=“The Seb”]
hostel on the other side was credible and that made it scary
[/quote]

Seb dude, let me break it to you. There’s no way in hell that a person gets her eye cut off with a pair of scissors and remains conscious like that as if nothing happened. So much for the movie’s credibility. The last 15 minutes of Hostel, where Paxton magically runs into the chicks and kills them, THEN magically meets the German dude in the train and avenges himself…is THE perfect case of lazy script-writing. It’s what hack screenwriters do to tie the loose ends in the easiest possible way. Again, I don’t know what’s so credible about that. I mean what are the odds you’re gonna find all the people you want to kill in front of your eyes just like that? Saw is a great thriller. Perhaps it requires some suspension of disbelief in some isolated cases. But it never insults the audience’s intelligence, unlike Hostel. And its ending in particular kicks the living shit out of Hostel’s.

[quote=“Scarface”]
There’s no way in hell that a person gets her eye cut off with a pair of scissors and remains conscious like that as if nothing happened. [/quote]

That was one crazy bitch :smiley:

saw was boring, i hated it untill the twist came, the twist made the movie.

Hostle had its moments, and hero was one of teh best japanese films ive seen in a long time!

[quote=“mr blonde_22”]

[/quote]
Thank You! glad Im not the only one that found it boring.Maybe I should watch it a second time.

if it didnt have the twist the film would have floped

i thought ‘modesty’ was ok, and didnt the director only get the job like a fortnight before or something? he did a pretty good job i thought

I’ve liked all the Saw movies. I agree they aren’t anything special until the twist, but they have their moments. I guess I liked them because when I left the theater I was still thinking about how it all tied together at the end. A lot of times I just leave the theater disappointed.

I liked Hostel just cuz it was pretty disgusting. My favorite part is when the girl’s eye is hanging out. It’s just sick. I bought the movie and have watched it a few times. The best part of buying the movie is hearing the commentary with Quentin. He just seems like a cool guy when you hear him explain things or just talk about stupid shit.

I absolutely HATED Daltry Calhoun!! I couldn’t even finish watching it! I usually stick out a movie so I can at least bitch about how shitty it is, but this one wasn’t even good enough for that.

I haven’t seen any of the others.

Get off Quentins dick!!! Hostel SUCKS!!! It made no sense! The actors suck! The script sucked! It has no theme! The gore was minimal! Theres nothing clever about it! No twist! Everything happened for no reason! In the end to each his own!

[quote=“mr blonde_22”]

Hostle had its moments, and hero was one of teh best japanese films ive seen in a long time!
[/quote]

LOOOL!!! Stereotypes! Hero is chinese! Not all all Asians are from Japan you know!

I loved Kung Fu Hustle, best goddamn Japanese Film in years!

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
I loved Kung Fu Hustle, best goddamn Japanese Film in years!
[/quote]
:wink:

Kung Fu Hustle was the shit

and Hero wasn’t bad either

[quote=“themack”]
LOOOL!!! Stereotypes! Hero is chinese! Not all all Asians are from Japan you know!
[/quote]
my bad sorry, i dont really watch alot of asian films.