Is Elle so Evil?

Hi! New guy and new (but HUGE) Tarantino fan.

I’ve heard a lot of flack toward our friendly neighborhood California Mountain Snake, especially in the “Is Budd so Bad?” topic or whatever it’s called. :wink: I, personally, think that she is far from pure evil, though she certainly ain’t a good guy!

1.) She says “Dying in our sleep is a luxary our kind is rarely afforded… my gift to you.” before she tries to kill the Bride in her coma. Sure, she was sent by Bill, and she sure hates the Bride, but at least she wants to finish what she started simply and painlessly, giving her brutally honest but respectful little eulogy.

2.) I don’t think she killed Budd because she wanted the sword without paying, after all she did bring the money, I think she killed him because Budd ambushed the Bride and tried to shame her, and Elle was so torn between her hatred of the Bride as an old rival and her respect for her as a warrior that she ambushed Budd with the snake in a way similar to how Budd bushwhacked the Bride. Of course, Elle did tell Budd to make her suffer, so maybe by killing Budd she was showing that she changed her mind.

3.) Alas, poor Pai Mai (spelling?)… NOT! He ripped out her FREAKING EYE! Over a little backtalk! I don’t blame her for killing him, and there was no way she could best him in a battle, so…

Please share your opinions.

She is a coward! I mean she tried to kill Beatrix whilst she was unaware! Elle knows she can’t beat Beatrix in a fight and she is propbably jealous of her in every way possible! The only way she could kill Beatrix is by doing it in her sleep, because she knew (ok Bill told her to do it but still) that if she woke up, she would kill Elle, so i dont think it was to do it "simply and painlessly"

Also, i bet Elle felt ‘relief’ much much more than she did regret, because face it, Beatrix was going to kill her or atleast beat if they ever met!

She may also have other motives for killing Budd and not just the “she deserved a better death” reason. Afterall, she did use a Black Mamba and then lied to Bill about it!

Elle is ‘evil’ in a sense that she is a coward, a ‘hateful bitch’, and doesn’t want to settle things the fair way! She definately came across as the most evil of the deadly vipers but that’s Just my opinion!! :slight_smile:

[color=Red]BIG spoiler if you haven’t seen vol 2 yet … but shame on you if you haven’t :wink:

You are nothing but a piece of crap if you kill Pai Mei that way she did … man, I hate her so much.

It felt soooo good when Bea took her other eye out.

[quote]I don’t think she killed Budd because she wanted the sword without paying, after all she did bring the money, I think she killed him because Budd ambushed the Bride and tried to shame her, and Elle was so torn between her hatred of the Bride as an old rival and her respect for her as a warrior that she ambushed Budd with the snake in a way similar to how Budd bushwhacked the Bride. Of course, Elle did tell Budd to make her suffer, so maybe by killing Budd she was showing that she changed her mind.[/quote]

She did bring the fucking money cuz she wasn´t sure that Budd would show her the fucking sword without showing the money.
And fuck it was her plan to kill Budd, cuz she wanted the sword, the money and to be sure that Bill never will find out that she has  fucking Hattori hanzo steel.
She is a bitch.

I really start thinking that some people saw an other movie like me.... ??? ???  ???

edit:
Sorry I forgot the most impotant sentence: ;) Welcome to the board!
We created a topic for new members to introduce themselfs, maybe you are interessted.... ;)
Enjoy the board!

I LOVE ELLE! She’s a 100% pure evil bitch and that’s why I love her!

I love Elle! When she was reading the snake info, I thought that was so cool. I didn’t feel sad for budd, i was rooting for Elle in that scene…I think I’m weird. lol

And her fight with Bea…holy crap!

When you guys watch it again - the very start of the fight when they’re wacking I think it’s lampshade to sword, look at the full on intensity QT manages to get out of the two - it genuinely looks rough!!! (It’s in the bootleg trailer I’d say)

In all her attempts she uses poison.

She wanted to poison Bea in her coma.

She poisened the fishheads Pai Mei ate.

She kills Budd by letting him die of snakepoison.

One poisonous lady. :wink:

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Elle does indeed use poison a lot: she probably doesn’t wanna risk her hide in close combat.

Elle does have a sadistic streak, I just wonder if she wasn’t a little less mean than she could have been. Of course, there was Budd… :wink:

Besides Bill (and Black Mamba, of course), Elle is my favorite for both her evil and redeeming qualities.

Keep the responses comin’!

EDIT: Oh and CPS, what is that topic called?

Elle is a GOOD GUY, and let me tell you why…

j/k she really is bad.;D

you’ve got to hand it to elle she is a number 1 bitch. i think she did kill budd because she didnt want to pay for the sword i mean lets face it 1 million dollars. even if you are rich your not goin 2 want to lost that sort of money but yeah i agree that it was also because she thought b deserved a better death… from her "that woman deserved better.

Notice also how elle seems to be smoking however she does not breathe anything out. strange

She explained that why she killed him was because in her eyes the man who had supposedly killed the bride was not a worthy opponent and was scum. She was jealous of not being able to be that worthy opponent to kill the bride, or something… plus the money would have came into it. :-/

Verdict: Mean bitch, poor Pai Mei. :frowning:

Pai Mei was a good teacher to the Bride (and apparently to Bill, as well), but if I were Elle I would have done the same. Pai Mei must be a pretty insecure guy if he has to hurt someone for something as little as that. He could have told her to go home if she wasn’t gonna respect him. Instead he acted like the fool she said he was, and he died.

[quote] Pai Mei must be a pretty insecure guy if he has to hurt someone for something as little as that. He could have told her to go home if she wasn’t gonna respect him. Instead he acted like the fool she said he was.[/quote]
only a pussy would have told her to go home. bad mother fuckers rip out eyeballs.

The idea is that Pai Mei is like 1000 years old, and he has gained a reputation of being intolerable and a bigot. In that kind of world, maintaining a rep is important. Plus he kinda seems himself as God - remember what he said to Bea?

Elle is my bitch!

I adore her like i’ve never adored anyone before!

Shes sneaky, stylish, dangerous, sexy, bitchy…

shes me!

LMFAO

Pai Mei was an up-himself asshole who deserved to die

Same goes for Buddy … Elle thought what he did to Bea was low so i reckon thats why she killed him. & maybe she wanted a free sword too … so what? A mill was far too high anyway LOL I say “go elle!” shes a fightER!

If i’d had my eye snatched out, i’d be vengeful too

& so would u … dont deny it! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Finally I see a sane person. I mean it seems like you have a bit of crush on her, because she is actually a horrible human being, pretty much just as anybody from the DVAS. I’m not sure if she deserves to have two eyes off, because, even though she kills people, it still feels like too much of a punishment. However, that asshole Pai Mei not just deserved what she did to him. He deserved more. The fucker seems to kill and hurt people in any way possible and just for fun. He doesn’t just do violent things to people, he does for fucking silly made up reasons. Imagine how he would kill your brother for a “wrong look”, or a wrong walk ahaha. And thankfully enough this motherfucker is recognized as villain, but I still can’t believe that there are people who feel sorry for what was done to him. The dude rips people’s eyes off for an insult. Are y’all fucking out of you to justify or redeem him?!?!?! He is not just an unpleasant old man, who believes that humiliation is good teaching technique. He is a fucking psycho.