Iron Monkey (Bad Tarantino movie?)

I saw “Iron Dragon” last weekend and im very sorry to say…I was extremely unimpressed. Granted it was only “presented” by tarantio, it was waaaay below par for a movie even connected to him. Have any of you seen it and felt the same? Or differently?

Never seen it. But I’ve seen “Enter The Monkey”, that movie kicks ass!!

Are you talking about ‘Iron Monkey’? If so… Yes I do disagree…

[quote=“luvandchaos”]
I saw “Iron Dragon” last weekend and im very sorry to say…I was extremely unimpressed. Granted it was only “presented” by tarantio, it was waaaay below par for a movie even connected to him. Have any of you seen it and felt the same? Or differently?
[/quote]

it’s called Iron MONKEY and QT only presented the US re-release.

I think its a very amazing kung fu movie. okay the story and acting are not really good and the dubbing is aweful but the NO SHADOW KICK, you have to love it :_)

It was good but it was no last hero in china or drunken master.

2 movies that SUCK BALLS that Tarantino promised me would be good:

Switchblade Sisters

and

My Name is Modesty

Jesus Christ, those two (especially Modesty) are fucking HORRIBLE

[quote=“Joseph”]
Switchblade Sisters
[/quote]

that’s a hilariuos exploitation movie

[quote=“Seb Himself (admin)”]
that’s a hilariuos exploitation movie
[/quote]

And also one of your girl friends favorite movies… (if I remember reading right) Get her in here, to defend.

I haven’t seen Switchblade Sisters and My Name is Modesty but Iron Monkey is awesome. At the midway it drags a bit but otherwise it’s great. The final fight is one of the best fight scenes ever filmed.

[quote=“Dillontino”]
And also one of your girl friends favorite movies… (if I remember reading right) Get her in here, to defend.
[/quote]

wow you remember. yeah she digs the film a lot. couldnt persuade her yet to sign up here

Iron Monkey’s a Yuen Woo Ping movie, and the Tarantino version’s got changed music and edited content.

Yes I meant “Iron Monkey” not “Iron Dragon”. My mistake. It is indeed a Yuen Woo Ping movie but it was "presented by Tarantino. I thought the movie used every cliche ever to be invented in the Kung Fu genre which not only made the movie predictable but unoriginal as well. The whole use of the mistaken idenity is a concept far too commenly used and annoying as well. Both of those traits usually arent a aspect in any of the other movies related to tarrantino. Hence…my dissapointment.

Iron Monkey Trailer Introduced by QT

http://www.chud.com/im/im_chud_DSL.mov

[quote=“Dillontino”]
Iron Monkey Trailer Introduced by QT

http://www.chud.com/im/im_chud_DSL.mov
[/quote]

you can also watch that in our downloads section :slight_smile:

Well the version I saw had nothing Tarantino attatched to it. It was awesome. One of the best Kung Fu movies I’ve ever seen.

[quote=“Kyrus”]
Well the version I saw had nothing Tarantino attatched to it. It was awesome. One of the best Kung Fu movies I’ve ever seen.
[/quote]

yeah, especially NO SHADOW KICK haha

the dubbing (also the cantonese) is aweful though, for a 90s film

It’s not better than Tai Chi Master or Once Upon a Time in China I & II, but it’s on the 4th place in my list over best 90’s Hong Kong kung fu movies ;D

Iron monkey is classic Wuxia, nothing else! I saw it without the tarantino presentation and stuff, and it kicks arse, you have to be a Wuxia fan to really appreciate it though. It plays out like any madarin wuxia film did back int eh day.

[quote=“ZoDiAc”]
It’s not better than Tai Chi Master or Once Upon a Time in China I & II, but it’s on the 4th place in my list over best 90’s Hong Kong kung fu movies ;D
[/quote]

#1 better be Legend of the Drunken Master!

By Legend of the drunken master, do you mean the original or the second film that was released in teh states as the legend of the drunken master? The second one is the one with the ginseng and teh train fight at the start.

i was just wondering cause i dont know anyone where i live who has seen the first one besides me, everyone has seen the second one. I dont think it even got a proper release which is a shame. i get my films from chinatown stores so you never know if they actually got released outside of china.

[size=80]I merged you two post in order to save space

-Hung Fist
[/size]