• II 4/5
  • II 5/5
  • III 1/5
  • III 2/5
  • III 3/5
  • III 4/5
  • III 5/5

0 voters

Just realized that we haven´t a topic about this masterpiece.

What do you guys think about IA?

IA I:

This is such a great movie. A must for everyone wlo likes asian movies. Tony Leung Chiu-Wai is such a great actor here. And Andy Lau Tak-Wah is sweet, even when he plays such an asshole s

IA II:

Is a good movie too, but it has not tat impact IA I has for me. And I was a little bit confused about the person. Had to think the whole time about IA I.

Have to see IA III as soon as possible.

they did like all three films within a year lol or some small amount of time.

Infernal Affairs was really good and Christopher Doyle was the advisor on the cinematography, yay! he came back to Australia for a festival a while ago and i was so annoyed i couldnt see him. He is probably, in my eyes, teh most successful Australian cinematographer around. Probably cause he does Wong Kar-Wai’s films!

I:

‘great movie’. couldn’t find any words for describing the 1st seeing, so i just wrote that comment instead of a review

2:

well, there i wrote a review, so…i gave it a 7…it’s a really mature film, kind of chinese Godfather saga, but the characters aren’t just as interesting as in I

3:

haven’t seen, would like too

I liked it a lot. Really nice film. I am looking forward to the other two

The first is one of the best Cop/Mole Thiriller I evver saw! Definately! 10

The second is interesting and very good, too, but not equal to the first one. 9

The third is… hm. It is a very good movie, too, but related to the first one it is less. 8

only seen I, wich i rate 4/5, cutlass action, perfect

can’t wait for The Departed

I’ve only seen part one, and I love it. What I like most about it, is that IA is not rushed or action packed. It takes it’s time with the characters. Too many movies have been ruined by needlesly adding action scenes every 10 minutes. The great editing is another thing that really stands out. The main actors were great, especially Tony Leung. Other actors were also good, except Sammi Cheng (playing Andy Lau’s girlfriend). Soundtrack worked pretty well, but could have been a bit better in opinion. 4/5

So far I´ve seen Part I (only first half of Part II, so I won´t judge) which is a little overrated from my point of view. It´s a good thriller with an interesting story, but definitely not THAT great. And I really don´t get why so many people talk about the “great action”, since there´s practically no action in the whole movie. :slight_smile:

8/10.

As for me it´s not the action I like at this movie, but the acting!

I’ve only seen the first one and it was excellent. Tony Leung is great and the story works well

8/10

From a review for another thread on another forum

[QUOTE=IMDB]The setting is the never-ending war between the police and the traids of Hong Kong. Chan is a cop who’s been assigned to undercover work inside the traids for so long that he’s been able to rise through the ranks to a position of some authority. Lau, meanwhile, is a secret member of the triads who has infiltrated the police force with an equal level of success. As they feed their bosses information on the plans and counter-plans of the organizations they pretend to serve, they both begin to feel the stresses of their double lives as they become torn between the oppressive obligations they owe to their superiors and the growing camaraderie they share with the foot soldiers around them. As the two organizations become increasingly aware of the moles in their midsts, the race is on for Chan and Lau to try and get out of the game alive.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Wikipedia]Infernal Affairs (Chinese: ç„¡é–“é?“; Hanyu Pinyin: wú jiÄ?n dào) is a stylish 2002 Hong Kong crime thriller. The Chinese title refers to the lowest level of hell in buddhism, and the English, while similarly having connotations of Dante’s Inferno, is a play on words on internal affairs.

Infernal Affairs initially received much publicity because of its star-studded cast of Tony Leung, Andy Lau, Anthony Wong, Eric Tsang, Kelly Chen, and Sammi Cheng, and later rose to critical acclaim.

The film sold exceptionally well in Hong Kong and was considered “a box office miracle”. It was heralded as a revival of Hong Kong cinema which at the time was considered to be lacking in creativity. Due to its commercial and critical success, Infernal Affairs was followed by the prequel Infernal Affairs II and the sequel Infernal Affairs III, both released in 2003[/QUOTE]

Man this film is ill. I got a chirp on the wire about this film from my bredrin like 3 years ago and I swear its probably been my favourite import film since then (yes better than Oldboy). The story line isnt exactly CRAZY but the twists are what make it sick. The tension built up by Andy Lau and Tony Leung is second to none really. Shit I love this film

BUT…here’s a big fucking but (no Buffie) I read this

[QUOTE=Wikipedia]In 2004 Brad Pitt’s Plan B Productions acquired the rights for a Hollywood remake which is now well under way. It is being directed by Martin Scorsese and tentatively titled The Departed. The film will star Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson, although Scorsese said he was unaware of the original trilogy when he read the script.[/QUOTE]

Now if anyone can actually tell me on here that ^^ is a correct way of film making in the 21st century will I’ll be damned. Two fucking years of a film coming out and its being remade? With DiCaprio, fuck outta here man:td. I bet Scorsese will get all the props for this too, i know that to reviewers of ‘The Departed’ will not even know of the original and people are gonna be like “damn this dude is a genius”.

I swear, I dont want to sound like a broken record but man, Western films are in a majoirty beyond shit right about now. Another bit that annoyed me was the bolded sentance, Scorsese not knowing about this film isnt the end of the world. But I dont know it just bugs me, this whole shit. May I add the Hong Kong/Korean/Chinese/Japanese film writers are far from innocent too, they shouldnt bother selling the rights to their films. The USA film companies hardly ever sell their average to other countries, let alone their fucking classics. Shit’s disgusting

The Us film companie cannot sell something nobody wants… I don´t think any other countries fim company is willing to buy something for high money, which they can do better on their own… don´t you think so, too? :wink: