I'm a cyborg, but that's OK (Chan wook park - 2006)

[size=150]I´m a cyborg, but that´s OK[/size]

Plot Outline: A girl who thinks she is a combat cyborg checks into a mental

hospital, where she encounters other psychotics. Eventually, she falls for a

man who thinks he can steal people’s souls.

Trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rDagAaAJv7U

Will be released in december this year, I´m so thrilled!

edited the title, something wrong there with the letters not showing right, maybe because of the forum crash

It looks very quiet, peaceful in comparaison to his last 3 movies, which I loved. But it’s good for himto find a new style, change his creativity.

It will be released in France in 2007, no exact date for the moment.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
It looks very quiet, peaceful in comparaison to his last 3 movies, which I loved. But it’s good for himto find a new style, change his creativity.

It will be released in France in 2007, no exact date for the moment.
[/quote]

I don’t know. Sympathy for Mr Vengeance and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance were pretty peaceful, contemplative works. It looks to be in his usual style.

SFMV was peaceful, you’re right… I think SFLV wasn’t that much ! BUt those both movies were alot into violence (SFMV less than SFLV), this movie doesn’t look like that. I wanted to say peaceful for non-violent :wink:

Yeah true. It does look more peaceful. I am looking forward to it just as much as Sympathy for lady vengeance though.

Didn’t do so well at the Korean box office, but that of course doen’t mean anything. Reviews have been kinda average, but hey, since when have the critics been able to recongnize a good movie when they see one?

[quote=“San-Ta”]
Plot Outline: A girl who thinks she is a combat cyborg checks into a mental

hospital, where she encounters other psychotics. Eventually, she falls for a

man who thinks he can steal people’s souls.

[/quote]

You gotta be kidding me…

I´m afraid I´m not…

What’s wrong with that? Sound like a great plot to me.

Nothing is wrong with it :stuck_out_tongue:…in fact, there´s no time i´ve ever drooled so much as the time i first read it.

I could pass the question forward, and I quote: What´s wrong with that? Sounds like a great plot to me.

KR dvd coming April 30

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/009670.html

pushed back to May 18

menu caps here

looks very similiar to Lady Vengeance menus

The plot does sound crazy but its not the worst plot I have ever watched, check out Bubba Ho Tep.

The plot sounds hilarious.

dvd review:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRevie … s_okay.htm”>I'm a Cyborg But That's Okay</LINK_TEXT>

And what happened to Chan-wook Park? I’m a Cyborg but that’s Okay is a painful mess that lacks almost everything that made his previous films good. The stunnning soundtracks, magnificent visuals, clever storylines… all vanished. Ironically Park (only) succeeds with violence, the very theme he was trying to move further away from with this awkward drama/comedy that seemingly has no deeper meaning hidden under the messy core. 1,5/5

my initial thoughts after the hiff screening

Dam, the movie is out in two months, i’ll see it but don’t wanna be disappointed, I was already a bit disappointed with Sympathy for Lady Vengence.

For me “Cyborg” was nothing short of a masterpiece. Sorry, Hung, but you must’ve been asleep. :o This movie is as colourful as it can get, very funny, stockfull of crazy ideas, plus one musical-like performance, which had me grinning like a madman. Been also a bit disappointed with “Lady Vengeance”, but “Cyborg” had me up again in no time. Certainly one of the best films of the year.

You’re all crazy (;)). Lady Vengeance is Park’s best movie.

[quote=“diceman”]
Sorry, Hung, but you must’ve been asleep.
[/quote]

I tried, but the film was too loud.

Lady Vengeance is a joy to watch. Great performances and pacing.