I know YOU liked Kill Bill, but did your friends?

Your math teachers let you watch that! Shit man. The only closest we ever got to see a R rated picture was “The Breakfact Club” in our speech class to learn about “self disclosure.” The teacher would always get nervous when the F word would come and she would try to turn down the volume really low until my friend got up and goes: “Jesus Christ we are eighteen years old! We are pretty much adults. What’s the problem here? Turn the volume back up!” Ha ha. She didn’t know what to say, but she did turn the volume back up. good times. good times. Oh yeah, and like what Justin666 said about stupid teenagers that are into those car movies. I can totally relate to that. My friends think those movies are the coolest shit. But honestly who gives a flying fuck about cars. Honestly, all what cars do is take you from point a to point b. Sure some are nice and you can admire then, but fuck man a car is a car and nothing more.

anyway, back on topic. yeah, it’s great to see that there are at least some kill bill fans, but when you live in a small town in the midwest, people that appreciate good movies are hard to come by. and for the record, I got my dad to watch volume 2. I didn’t ask him to, but he saw me watching it. when he came in i was at the part where Bill is talking with Budd at the begining at Bud’s moblie home and my dad was hooked on the entire movie and watched the whole thing. I guess he was a really big fan of Kung Fu back in the day. Dad’s like “David Carradine is BILL! No shit!” cause he heard of the movie but didn’t know who was in it. kinda cool I thought.

Most of my friends like Kill Bill, what pisses me off is that they don’t appreciate what it’s all about.

Ditto that. It’s generally scored good ratings with most of my mates, althoughI have this intellectual friend whom I though would really appreciate the dialogue of Vol. 2 but she just didn’t get it. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

But I guess that’s okay. Loving Tarantino is not like some cult religion we have to force down upon every heathen non-believer.

my friends don’t like tarantino’s film itoo much: they always say there is too much bood and violence in them. Obviously most of them didn’t like Kill Bill 1 nor the2. i knew they wouln’t have liked it and to be sure they wouldn’t have kept talking about how violent it was and shit like taht I went to the cinema with the only person who can really knows about cinema: Edoardo, one of my friends who’s crazy abot Quentino’s films.

we love both the film and we discussed abuot them. now we are planning to meet one night and watch both of them…

They only need to go as far as the evening news to see ‘too much blood and violence’. Bombings here and shootings there and everything in between. Nowadays, we are so desensitised to these horrors that the violence found in Tarantino’s work are nothing shocking (in the case of KB, they aren’t really…).

[quote=“Charles_Bronson”]
Or most people are just stupid.
[/quote]

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! People just don't effin understand the brilliance behind and within both Kill Bill volumes. Some need some skull smacking to jump start the artistic and intellectual parts of their brains.

[quote=“PimpDaddy”]
i hate all those stuckup pretentious asslicks who hated volume 1 because it had “no story” and was all action, while cumming completely all over themselves over volume 2 because it had so much dialogue and still dismissing volume 1. i like both volumes equally, so i’m not really either of those two
[/quote]
Everyone I know is the complete opposite.

They say volume 1 is good coz its all action, but volume 2 is boring coz it’s all talk…

First I saw KB 1 alone then with a friend, he appreciated it and wanted to see KB 2 with me but we didn’t took the time yet, I saw KB 1 with a another friend, in a theatre in Quartier Latin of Paris, a small room style years seventies unchanged, at the end he insisted to see KB 2 and I wanted too so we had 5 mns to run to go to another theatre near Parc du Luxembourg at the end of KB 2 we had dinner in a japanese restaurant near front of the theatre, and we were alone in that japanese restaurant and the waiter was sympa and give us some sake, we were feeling samouraï, very good evening.

It don’t give the same impression when KB 2 is seen long time after KB 2, it was really good to see the whole movie in one evening. We didn’t know all the references, it doesn’t impede us to love the film, when I remark one I find it very well converted and used at it right place so it make me love cinema.

I think to a another friend, she should see it on DVD, I will manage she see it.

Perhaps we Finns are somehow different but here in Finland I have heard hardly any criticism towards KB Vol. 2. Most of my friends thought both Volumes were equally great, and many even liked Vol. 2 better. Only one of my friends found Vol. 2 dissapointing.

By the way, Vol. 2 almost made it to the top 10 years most watched films list here in Finland.

I myself liked both vol. 1 and vol. 2 from the first time i saw them. Then again i have to confess that i’m not a huge Tarantino fan so i didn’t understand the quotes and all… There still is much that i think i don’t understand but my friend (Hung Fist) has done good job helping me understand them… What comes to my friends i was quite suprised how many people liked them. Many people who don’t like movies if there is blood at all liked them a lot. I was little amazed but of course happy…

my friends really didn’t like either. i didn’t really care though. i dismissed it, mainly because they really have no taste in film. there was no way for them to understand all of the references. and none of them really like QT either, so…yeah.

Most of my friends didn’t know who Quentin Tarantino was ( :’() shock! But i introduced Kill Bill to them and now they love him!

[quote=“wu_shu”]
Most of my friends like Kill Bill, what pisses me off is that they don’t appreciate what it’s all about.
[/quote]

I would have to agree with you exactly on this…