I just saw Johnny Brasco

I expected this great gangster film and was slightly dissapointed. Did I miss something? Pacino was EXCELLENT!! I loved the chop him up scene. But besides that…fuhgetaboudit.

Enlighten me.

[quote=“roulette67”]
I expected this great gangster film and was slightly dissapointed. Did I miss something? Pacino was EXCELLENT!! I loved the chop him up scene. But besides that…fuhgetaboudit.

Enlighten me.
[/quote]
Donny Brasco is the movie. I haven’t seen it yet.

getouttahere mr blonde! you didnt see it? fuggetaboutit

donnie brasco is welll…pretty weak…but depp and pacino save it and there is some good funny dialogue in it…

Pacino is in alot of movies not worth remembering.

Heat. Any Given Sunday. Simone. The Recruit. Devils Advocate.

[quote=“tarantino_is_godu”]
getouttahere mr blonde! you didnt see it? fuggetaboutit

donnie brasco is welll…pretty weak…but depp and pacino save it and there is some good funny dialogue in it…
[/quote]
I rented it,with goodfellas. It was a too day rental. I had waited one day and it was twelve o’clock and I had to decide Donny Brasco or Scorsese. I choose right. I started seeking out movies like Versus and forgot about it for a while. I need to watch it.

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
pretty weak??? donnie brasco is fucking awesome, depp, pacino, madsen, kirby…

damn, how does this movie suck? cause its no goodfellas ripoff? its not a mob film, its a cop film, its great, underrated as fuck

damn
[/quote]

I must give you props for that, it is a cop film. Depp and Pacino save the film. I don’t think it sucks, it’s just one of those “Dont Believe The Hype” type things.

I didnt think it was that great! I thought I was the only one who thought that! It was a little boring, But then again, I was watching it at the end of a gangster film marathon, And it just wasn’t as good as the other films I saw that night, (Goodfellas, The Godfather)

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
pretty weak??? donnie brasco is fucking awesome, depp, pacino, madsen, kirby…

damn, how does this movie suck? cause its no goodfellas ripoff? its not a mob film, its a cop film, its great, underrated as fuck

damn
[/quote]

dont get me wrong…I love the movie…but the movie itself is weak…the story…but love depp, pacino, madsen and the funny stuff in it…

If you put other actors in it and just look at what the film actually is: indeed a cop movie…then its nothing special…this movie is all about good actors and funny dialogue not so much the movie itself…imo…

That is the making of a good movie. If you can put other actors in it, and it can still stand up on it’s own. thanks for saying that.

Donnie Brasco was a Mike Newell film right? I dont like many of his films, didnt like four weddings and a funeral but Donnie Brasco was okey. Not great in my opinion, but not bad either.

In other words, AVERAGE. My little sister loved it though.

Donnie Brasco was pretty good and Heat dissapointed me

love that flick, old fashion mob stuff, pacino is so so so great in it, he doesnt play a mobster, he plays a mobster who knows his time is done but doesnt want to beleive it, he knows it but he doesnt want, i can feel his performance, depp was great too, madsen excellent

only thing that bothers me is the cartoonish sound when madsen smacks bruno kirby in the mouth (i know you heard that, he gave him a little slap and it sounded like elmer fud getting slammed in the face with a sledgehammer by buggs bunny)

and the thing about Heat is, is that its a modern film, one of the first real modern films for both pacino and deniro, the story (crook vs cop, business turns personal) is one of the oldest tales in crime cinema yet michael mann made it look so fresh and new, the feeling to it is very 90’s, very very 90’s, cant argue about the cast, pacino deniro val kilmer tom sizemore (one of the most underrated actors ever, god how i love that guy), gotta love an angry pacino (thats where he just fucking reaches the sky and breaks the limit, an angry al pacino is some of the finest acting youll ever see, trust me)

the thing about Heat that didnt reallllly convince me is probably that at the time Michael Mann wasnt ready, yes he made great films like manhunter, thief etc before Heat but when someone throws a billion dollar budget on your lap you WILL probably panic, was this budget wrong spend? partialy yes i think so, putting two of the best actors of the last 30 years together (for the first time) will stress you out because the expectations will be so high you wont know what to do, Heat was good but could of been way better