I get to see THE 5,6,7,8's!

Not that it’s of any importance, but I found out today, while looking through one of our Bay Area Free Weekly rags (namely THE BAY GUARDIAN) that THE 5,6,7,8’s are playing in San Francisco on September 20th at THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL - click this link and scroll down. I just bought my $10 for the show. It should be hella fun!!!

Here’s the dates of their US tour:

[THE 5.6.7.8’S USA TOUR 2004]

*SEP. 20 mon./ BOTTOM OF THE HILL (SAN FRANCISCO, USA)

bands: THE 5.6.7.8’s, PHANTOM SURFERS, BOBBYTEENS,

*SEP. 21 tue./ SPACELAND (LOS ANGELES, USA)

bands: THE 5.6.7.8’s, PHANTOM SURFERS, HENTCHMEN, CHOPSTICKS

*SEP. 22 wed./ THE CASBAH (SAN DIEGO, USA)

bands: THE 5.6.7.8’s, PHANTOM SURFERS and more

*SEP. 24 fri./ LAS VEGAS ROCKAROUND (LAS VEGAS, USA)

bands: DEVIL DOLL, THE GREENHORNES,THE 5.6.7.8’s, SKY SAXON & THE SEEDS, THE SWINGIN NECKBREAKERS, THE COFFIN LIDS

*SEP. 27 mon./ 7th STREET ENTRY (MINNEAPOLIS, USA)

bands:THE 5.6.7.8’s, THE FEVERS

*SEP. 28 tue./ EMPTY BOTTLE (CHICAGO, USA)

bands:THE 5.6.7.8’s, THE FEVERS

*SEP. 29 wed./ MAGIC STICK (DETROIT, USA)

bands:THE 5.6.7.8’s, THE DIRTBOMBS, HENTCHMEN, THE FEVERS

*OCT. 1 fri./ MAXWELLS (HOBOKEN, USA)

bands:THE 5.6.7.8’s, THE FEVERS, JET BOYS

*OCT. 2 sat./ MERCURY LOUNGE (NEW YORK, USA)

bands:THE 5.6.7.8’s, ANDY G. AND THE ROLLER KINGS, THE FEVERS, SIT’N SPIN

*OCT. 3 sun./ MERCURY LOUNGE (NEW YORK, USA)

bands:THE 5.6.7.8’s, SATO & JOHNNY, JET BOYS, THE FEVERS

*OCT. 5 tue./ BLACK CAT (WASHINGTON DC, USA)

bands:THE 5.6.7.8’s, DEAD MOON, THE FEVERS

I don’t know about age limits in the different clubs. But the SF date is 21 & Over! So, youngsters bewarned.

Click on this 5,6,7,8’s link for dates of their European Tour and other band info.!!!

8)

hey… i get to see them too on Sept 17th in Santa Ana at the Galaxy… i’m really excited to see them perform!!

Hey, I’m going to the Galaxy show too, if I can scrounge up the cash!

I swear to God, though, one cell phone rings and I walk…SLICE

oh great… everyone i talk to isnt going to go… awesome that you might go… i actually found out about that show because a band we always go see is playing with them… and dude its only $10, you have to go! represent!

5,6,7,8’S.COOL!

SF show is now “Sold Out” through Ticketweb.com! How about the two shows prior as well as the other up 'n coming gigs?

8)

How was the concert? Do you have photo’s?

They were here in germany this summer (2004).

Unfortunately I could not see them performing on stage :’(

I’m sure they rock da house.

The SF show last night was AMAZING!!!

Seeing them on the KILL BILL Vol.1 DVD doesn’t do the band any justice. It’s plainly clear that guitarist/vocalist, Ronnie and drummer (and I think her sister) Sachiko have many years of experience on their instruments and performing live. They worked the crowd into a frenzy with seemless ease, even with the minimal amount of English they knew. You can tell that these gals have lots of fun onstage.

And the new and younger bassist, (don’t know if her name is Omo or Saki), was a joy to watch. She was such a “cutie” bobbin’ away on bass and backing vocals with a sweet smile on her face throughout. For the record, she doesn’t appear in KILL BILL (I don’t remember the reason, maybe she didn’t have her Passports ready to go to China for the filming). So, a former member of the band appears in the movie.

I unfortunately didn’t have a camera with me for the show, which me and my friends are kicking ourselves for. Yet, the band was very approachable and appreciative that people came out to see them. Lots of people who didn’t have tickets had to be turned away at the door.

Most of the crowd were of the punk/ rockabilly persuasion, so there were quite a few gorgeous & tattoed pin-up Bettie Page goth punk looking gals at the show. And quite a few cute Asian ladies as well, some even dressed up in similar attire that the band wore in KILL BILL.

There was even a group of young Asian-Americans (both male and female) dressed up as Crazy 88’s and they were really rockin’ out in front.

The band, though, dressed more conservately, in white pants and black long sleeve button up shirts with some of their hair tied up in a bun and the rest cascading down their shoulders.

They of course played the songs that were in the movie, minus “I Walk Like Jayne Mansfield”.

And their other tunes were just as rockin’ and groovin’. One song that stuck out for me was a tune titled, “Three Cool Chicks”, which I was able to get on a their Singles Compilation CD that I picked up at the show.

Listening to the CD today, there’s plenty of cool rockabilly punk tunes I think folks here would really dig, especially a tune called “Bond Girls” that partially utilizes the James Bond theme into the song.

I also ran into some old female aquaintences from highschool (class of '86 & '87) who performed in one of the opening bands (THE BOBBYTEENS). I didn’t realize who they were until we started talking with them after they got offstage, and we recognized each other. I also seen lots of familiar faces from my old film school as well.

Overall, a great show. If any of you get a chance to see THE 5,6,7,8’S, do yourselves a HUGE favor and check them out. You will NOT be disappointed!!!

8)

The 5.6.7.8’s are so cool. Really. I saw them in London and it was good to see all the interestingly-dressed people out and about. I did hear some snide comment about how ‘none of these people would know anything about The 5.6.7.8’s if it wasn’t for Tarantino’ as a CRITISCISM. Made me angry, but she was wearing a great 60s trouser-suit so I didn’t say anything. Anyway, they played something first that I hadn’t heard before (didn’t know much about them then) and then they played ‘Woo Hoo’ and every song they did after that people would sing ‘Woo Hoo’ along with it. People are so ignorant, but it did give me a warm feeling as I tried to deny that the wide knowledge of that song only was anything to do with the Carling advert that was using it. It made me think how none of these people would know anything about The 5.6.7.8’s if it wasn’t for Tarantino.

[quote=“Larry_Dimick”]
I did hear some snide comment about how ‘none of these people would know anything about The 5.6.7.8’s if it wasn’t for Tarantino’ as a CRITISCISM. Made me angry
[/quote]

[quote]It made me think how none of these people would know anything about The 5.6.7.8’s if it wasn’t for Tarantino. [/quote]

:slight_smile:

yeah, I know I’m funny

I found out the were in Las Vegas a week after they came.

i was fuckin BUUMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

[quote=“Larry_Dimick”]
yeah, I know I’m funny
[/quote]

No…I just thought it was a bit ironic how you scolded someone for saying that the people at the concert only wanted to see the 5.6.7.8’s because of Tarantino, and then you turn around and say the same exact thing a few seconds later.

yeah, that’s why I said it. Because it’s ironic.

No offense, but it made you sound kinda stooopid

I’ve never heard of them before kill bill. so what? they are cool. ;D

I have now seen that song they sing in 2 different commercials.

whowho whowhowho whowho whowhowho who who who who whowho whowhowho

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
I have now seen that song they sing in 2 different commercials.

whowho whowhowho whowho whowhowho who who who who whowho whowhowho
[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve seen that commercial… and then another one with the Kill Bill Vol. 1 trailer tune in the background. They’re both for cars, I believe.

Well, I listen to that song in the car, My friend and I race other cars at traffic lights. for some reason, that song makes us go faster! wwhhheeeeeeee! wooo hooo! ;D