I bought a wrestlemania 25 ticket!

Oddly enough I had pplanned on being a pro wrestler up until I was fifteen. I trained at ring master pro wrestling for a few months. I know how to tell a story. I understand ring psychology. The thing about old school fans is that they can’t give the new school they’re due. That old school style was like throwing water on rocks. Now it’s about who’s technique is better. And I think the rebuttle “Wrestlers laugh and roll their eyes at people like you” isn’t a very valid point. I think that old school style was very admiral and at times fun to watch, but there was no science to it, or at least not much.

Wow. You must be an all-around pure genius.

[quote=“Geoi”]
Wow. You must be an all-around pure genius.
[/quote]

That’s what my mom says but I assume she was just being nice. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Geoi”]
Still a mark. And I was engaged to one of the guys that did the Doink gimmick.

And you guys are both way out of your element. You like ROH, and the stuff my buddy Dylan does. You don’t like wrestling. Wrestlers laugh and roll their eyes at people like you, trying to prove your points when you haven’t the slightest idea what’s what.

I’m sorry if that’s harsh, but I love wrestling, and there’s nothing I know better.[/quote]Rather than get testy or reply with any sarcastic remarks I might feel a kneejerk reaction to make after being called a mark and someone that is laughed at by some sort of ‘elite’ faction within the wrestling community; I’ll just say that it’s an opinion based matter, whether you believe it to be or not. I’ve explained why I enjoy the promotion, you have your reasons for disliking it, c’est la vie.

As much as I enjoy great wrestling, MMA & Boxing has taken up most of my interest in the whole ‘sweaty men fighting one another’ world of entertainment the past few years. That takes up all PPV money as well as DVDs, so I haven’t even been able to really keep up with ROH since around 2006.

Face it. You know more about film. I know more about wrestling. It’s not an opinion based matter. It’s fact. I really don’t care what you like about ROH, I see it’s appeal. I really do. But it is not wrestling. Understand what I am saying? Now, drop it you perv. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Geoi”]
Face it. You know more about film. I know more about wrestling. It’s not an opinion based matter. It’s fact. I really don’t care what you like about ROH, I see it’s appeal. I really do. But it is not wrestling. Understand what I am saying? Now, drop it you perv. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

I know my wrestling too. And I even know all the moves - thanks to SVR 09, now available everywhere by the way. Stone Cold Steve Austin is getting inducted into the Hall Of Fame. And that’s the bottom line!

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
And I even know all the moves - thanks to SVR 09, now available everywhere by the way. [/quote]

It got shit reviews didn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

no 8.5 on x-box magazine.

I stand corrected. :slight_smile:

I can’t wait for WrestleMania 25. I heard AC/DC is playing there live and Stone Cold is being inducted into the Hall of Fame. Orton in the main event (he rules!), Edge is champion again, Undertaker, this should be an awesome WrestleMania.

[quote=“Geoi”]
[/quote]

I’ve never been able to get into RoH. I just can’t stand it. It’s so overrated by people online who think they know so much about wrestling and love to bash the WWE, TNA, Hulk Hogan and think Ric Flair is the greatest wrestler in the history of the business. I too grew up on old school wrestling. I got into it around 1991 and was a huge fan of the WWF and WCW back then. Man, wrestling in the '90s was just so much freaking fun. I watched WWF, WCW, ECW, USWA, SMW and anything else that was on TV back then in this area.

I’ve always been more into it for the actual show as opposed to the actual wrestling. I mean I love watching a good match and all and I could watch just about any Bret Hart match (I got to meet him just a few months ago and he kicks ass!). But I was more into it for the characters, the entrance music, the storylines and the overall show. Hogan and “Rowdy” Roddy Piper (I got to meet both of them before too) were my favorites along with Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, the Legion of Doom, Ultimate Warrior, Sting, Big Van Vader and several others.

I think the product today gets crapped on too much. Sure, it’s not as good as it was in the late '90s or even back in 2001/2002 but it’s getting better. The WWE right now has the best roster they’ve had since Stone Cold and The Rock were dominating. Randy Orton has become absolutely incredible the past few months. He’s clearly the top guy in the business right now. While I don’t like his whole gimmick, John Cena is still the hardest working wrestler in the business, Undertaker is still going strong, Edge is probably the second best in the business right now. They’ve got Santino who has so much charisma and talent on the mic he reminds me of The Rock. They’ve got The Miz and John Morrison who are really good, Chris Jericho, Ted Dibiase Jr., Cody Rhodes, CM Punk, etc., etc. It’s a lot of fun lately.

I’ll take your word for it when it comes to the WWE. I have a general disliking for Vince McMahon. I’d like to see Vince take on the Rankor in a steel cage match. And get his head bitten off.

[quote=“Geoi”]
I’ll take your word for it when it comes to the WWE. I have a general disliking for Vince McMahon. I’d like to see Vince take on the Rankor in a steel cage match. And get his head bitten off.
[/quote]

You don’t like the wwe, I thought you’d be a fan with your hatred for ROH and they’re spotmonkeys

Let me clarify this, as I suppose I was a bit misleading… I’m not a “fan” of any of today’s wrestling, anymore. I watch my old-school wrestling tapes when I need a fix. But I can barely stomach what’s happened to wrestling in the past 15+ years. Ever since RAW started in '92, it’s gone downhill. Not consistently downhill, it has it’s moments, but in phases, it’s gotten worse.