How are you going to watch this the first time?

[quote=“Cyd”]
Sure you did…
[/quote]

Why do you want us to dislike you?

[quote=“MissBlonde”]
I hate mouth breathers, too! hahaha Glad to hear I’m not the only one.
[/quote]

Last time I went to the dentist she asked me if I was a mouth breather. I was so offended. It was like someone had called me a honky or white trash or something.

I’m seeing this with friends, select friends. It’s a perfect movie to watch with people, if i knew somebody that was going alone I would be sad for him or her because it’s an experience to share with your friends.

I’m only going alone the first time… And probably every time after the third time. The third time I will take my daughter to see it. But even if I wasn’t ever going to see it with anyone, I’m perfectly content with my own company.

I don’t understand how people can enjoy having to accommodate other people more than they can enjoy doing whatever you want, and not having to worry about what anyone else wants.

When I go to the movie alone, I can decide last minute to go to the arcade instead of the chinese restaurant before the show, and I don’t have to ask if that’s ok with anyone else, or have to listen to them bitch and moan. After the show, I can go to the bar and have a few beers, or just go back into the theater and watch the movie again. It is whatever I want to do, and nobody else can ruin it for me.

Doing shit like this alone is always better for me, because I never know what I’m going to want to do until the moment arrives. I have an idea, but I’ll probably decide something else will be more fun later. I can change my mind twenty times, and no one can bitch about it. It’s awesome.

But don’t get me wrong, I’d never go see The Rocky Horror Picture Show alone. That would be just, weird. And a little scary.

[quote=“Geoi”]
I’m only going alone the first time… And probably every time after the third time. The third time I will take my daughter to see it. But even if I wasn’t ever going to see it with anyone, I’m perfectly content with my own company.

I don’t understand how people can enjoy having to accommodate other people more than they can enjoy doing whatever you want, and not having to worry about what anyone else wants.

When I go to the movie alone, I can decide last minute to go to the arcade instead of the chinese restaurant before the show, and I don’t have to ask if that’s ok with anyone else, or have to listen to them bitch and moan. After the show, I can go to the bar and have a few beers, or just go back into the theater and watch the movie again. It is whatever I want to do, and nobody else can ruin it for me.

Doing shit like this alone is always better for me, because I never know what I’m going to want to do until the moment arrives. I have an idea, but I’ll probably decide something else will be more fun later. I can change my mind twenty times, and no one can bitch about it. It’s awesome.
[/quote]

Preaching to the choir, madam!

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
Preaching to the choir, madam!
[/quote]

high five YEAH! ;D Ya know, you ain’t too bad, for a Canadian. :wink:

[quote=“Geoi”]
high five YEAH! ;D Ya know, you ain’t too bad, for a Canadian. :wink:
[/quote]

:o

Offended.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, we Canadians are a very proud people :stuck_out_tongue: and back on topic, when seeing a movie I must have, and I mean MUST have an extra large coke and a bag of fuzzy peaches! Must have!

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
:o

Offended.

:stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

You are the coolest person on this board, hands down, Plunderbunnie. And I only mess with Noir about being Canadian because it’s a silly, stupid, somewhat inside, joke. I have a lot of friends that live in Canada. And I also, am a huge Flames fan. Leafs too, but Flames first and foremost. And the Hart Family was the best thing to happen to pro wrestling since Verne Gagne. So, nothing personal, or against Canada, just you know, josh banter.

Well as you all know the film comes out a day before my birthday…(hold for basking in the light)…aaaaand…done. Ok, first I will arrive at the mall at 10:00 am, since most films start around 11:00 am. I will hit on some hot milfs before the movie starts, then have some breakfeast at the food court, and then head to the cinema for some pink lemonade and nachos. Keep in mind this is only the second Tarantino film I have ever see in the silver screen. My first being Grindhouse…so yeah, it’s gonna be like magic on cake. Whatever that means.

[quote=“Geoi”]
I have a lot of friends that live in Canada.
[/quote]

Hehe, "Some of my closest friends are Canadian!"

You’re forgiven Geoi. Canada still loves you :wink:

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
and then head to the cinema for some pink lemonade and nachos.
[/quote]

That combination sounds delightful! I need lemonade now.

Many times I go to movies alone, especially when it comes to old movies. My friends just can’t watch black and white movies. But this one probably I’ll watch it with my boyfriend. He doesn’t like Tarantino a lot but totally loves men-on-a-mission movies and he is the one who made me love westerns, so this movie has many chances to be his favorite! Finally something Tarantino-made that we can watch together for more than once!

Most of my friends seem to think that watching black and white or foreign movies makes you pretentious, because you MUST be trying to prove something to someone because they can’t stand watching them. They don’t understand that many of these movies are very enjoyable, or at least interesting. I only have one close friend that completely gets my taste in movies, even when she doesn’t like some that I love, and my taste in movies is far from strange.

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
Most of my friends seem to think that watching black and white or foreign movies makes you pretentious,
[/quote]

you mean your friends watch nothing but recent canadian movies? that’s what? 1 film a year? ;D

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
you mean your friends watch nothing but recent canadian movies? that’s what? 1 film a year? ;D
[/quote]

Haha, no, maybe 3? I honestly don’t know how the Genies (Canada’s version of the Oscar’s, but only Canadian films) finds enough movies every year…

Most of my friends just watch blockbuster type movies, which is fine, but they would consider liking Pulp Fiction to be an incredibly indie thing to do. I think a lot of them also like movies like Slumdog Millionaire because parts of it are in Hindi, and this makes them feel very cultured and special, but somehow less pretentious then myself. Go figure. ::slight_smile:

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
Haha, no, maybe 3? I honestly don’t know how the Genies (Canada’s version of the Oscar’s, but only Canadian films) finds enough movies every year…

Most of my friends just watch blockbuster type movies, which is fine, but they would consider liking Pulp Fiction to be an incredibly indie thing to do. I think a lot of them also like movies like Slumdog Millionaire because parts of it are in Hindi, and this makes them feel very cultured and special, but somehow less pretentious then myself. Go figure. ::slight_smile:
[/quote]

Canada actually does have a surprising amount of films come out. The only reason that it’s surprising of course, is that no one sees them… cause they suck

How I’m going to watch it for the first time?

Hmm… Let’s see: I’ll to to the movie theater, I’ll bye a ticket (maybe some coca too) and I’ll watch it.

:slight_smile:

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
Canada actually does have a surprising amount of films come out. The only reason that it’s surprising of course, is that no one sees them… cause they suck
[/quote]

Haha, yea… I’m always sketchy about renting Canadian films because you really have no idea what you’re going to get. Like, I’ve always had my eye on “The Fast Runner”, but I’ve never rented. Something about an evil spirit in an Inuit community and being intensely erotic. I just don’t know how I feel about that. :stuck_out_tongue: