Holy S**t - Freaky

I was looking through DoneDeals website at the screenplays recently sold and ready to go into production, one of them was about a young Latin American who becomes a professional soccer player for a Northern England team - when I read it sound OK, kind of different.

Anyway, over here in England theres been speculation a plenty about Manchester United who are currently in America playing friendly tournaments - anyway they stayed in a hotel in Los Angeles - fine. Anyway, the chairman of Newcastle football club - Freddy Shepherd - went and stayed in the same hotel!!! All the talk was that it was to strike a deal with Manchester United for them to buy a player - which would of been one of the major signings of recent years - for which there have been plenty of rumours for over six months.

But it turns out that Freddy Shepherd was indeed visiting Quentin Tarantinos production company who are looking use Newcastle United, the top most Northern English football club as the base for the lead character to sign for.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_o … 107309.stm”>BBC SPORT | Fun and Games | Tarantino for Tinsel-toon?</LINK_TEXT>

The other guy in the photo is Bobby Robson - whose also seen as a legend, yet this time within sport.

Cool post English-Manish, thanks.

I can’t see QT directing this film, he’s way too busy with other shit, and according to the article he doesn’t even know about it yet… Lawrence Bender is co-producing though, so QT may jump on board…

Later

I really doubt that QT is gonna direct anything except the stuff he writes.

maybe he’s getting a cameo or something

QT directing a football movie would be strange. I had read in one of the articles on this site (I think it was from Playboy), that Tarantino doesn’t give a shit about any type of sports.

Its on the introduction interview to Reservoir Dogs - explaining how he now has money to spend on lots of movie memrobilia, his only interest.

I didn’t say he would direct it though - this is the info from donedeals website

Title: Goal!

Log Line: A young Latino man makes his way from Los Angeles to

England with hopes of becoming a Premier League soccer star.

Writer: Piers Ashworth and Mike Jefferies

Agent: n/a

Buyer: milkshakefilms

Price: n/a

Genre: Sports adventure drama

Logged: 4/28/03

More: Lawrence Bender and milkshake’s Mike Jefferies & Matt

Barrelle will produce. Producers hope to make this project the first in

a trilogy. The film will be budgeted at $20 million.

I really hope that quentin doesn’t do anything for that movie. It really doesn’t sound like a QT movie and sounds pretty stupid to me.

I think it sounds quite good - the idea of a foreigner moving to new shores to gain to wealth and prosperity.

The yanks are good at Soccer - getting better all the time yet tey dont have much support.

[quote]

The yanks are good at Soccer - getting better all the time yet tey dont have much support.[/quote]

I’ve probably said this a 1,000 times, but for the record: don’t call it fuckin’ soccer. Its proper name is FOOTBALL. You should know better, bein’ English and all.

[quote]

I’ve probably said this a 1,000 times, but for the record: don’t call it fuckin’ soccer. Its proper name is FOOTBALL. You should know better, bein’ English and all.
[/quote]

aw SNAP!

he pulled his hoe card!

Why does it matter what we call it? You know what were talking about, so who cares? Are you somehow offended by this? Whatever.

[quote]I really hope that quentin doesn’t do anything for that movie. It really doesn’t sound like a QT movie and sounds pretty stupid to me.[/quote]

He won’t. Tarantino hates sports and finds (though he doesn’t mind going to a game so long as its with friends and he’s liquored up) them extremly boring. I don’t see him doing something he holds little to know interest in, so I don’t think you have to worry about it.