Hickploitation

Some of my favorites are Deliverance(You’ll never want to see a canoe after watching this) and Walking Tall.

So anybody else like them

LoL - I gues the genre title says it all.

Does Bad Santa count? lol

what does hickploitation mean?

Where hicks are exploited.

Example:White Lightning,Deliverance,Walking Tall,Fight For Your Life

Whats the difference between a hick and a redneck? I dnt really knw the true meaning of hick?

I really dont know what the difference is really. A Redneck takes pride in living in the south and a hick is usually is not the smartest person.

Anyone recommed anything good in the Hixploitation genre?

no but found a cool book on it <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.amazon.com/Hick-Flicks-Rise- … 0786419970”>http://www.amazon.com/Hick-Flicks-Rise-Redneck-Cinema/dp/0786419970</LINK_TEXT>

Man thats a shitty cover. I’m gonna have to go to my local bookstore :wink:

I thought Deliverance was stupid. Even Burt Reynolds could not save this movie. Banjo scene=class. Rest=meh.

OK, I’m not sure if those titles are all Hixploitation, but these I like and also own on DVD:

White Lightning

Gator

Smokey and the Bandit (Awesome)

Smokey and the Bandit 2 (mediocre sequel)

Smokey and the Bandit 3 (crazy funny and underappreciated sequel, better than 2)

Hooper (Another good one with Burt)

The Best Litte Whoehouse in Texas (Burt with Dolly Parton)

Breaker! Breaker! (Chuck Norris!)

And I also love the Dukes of Hazzard TV show, from which I own 3 seasons on DVD.

Deliverance is a classic. Saying its a bad film is like saying Taxi Driver is a bad film. Doesnt compute.

I dont know if Id put Hooper in the Hixploitation category, its more of a stunt man-movie film.

Other Hixploitation:

Dixie Dynamite

Gator Bait

Scum of The Earth

The Last American Hero

Moonshine County Express

Macon County Line

tick…tick…tick

Walking Tall Trilogy

Big Bad Mama

Six Pack Annie

Cockfighter

Jackson County Jail

RoadHouse (more modern but its def Hixploitation!)

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Deliverance is a classic. Saying its a bad film is like saying Taxi Driver is a bad film. Doesnt compute.

I dont know if Id put Hooper in the Hixploitation category, its more of a stunt man-movie film.

Other Hixploitation:

Dixie Dynamite

Gator Bait

Scum of The Earth

The Last American Hero

Moonshine County Express

Macon County Line

tick…tick…tick

Walking Tall Trilogy

Big Bad Mama

Six Pack Annie

Cockfighter

Jackson County Jail

[/quote]

the only ones i have seen out of those where RoadHouse and it was pretty good.

Yeah im gonna get Dixie Dynamite but cockfighter cost 60 dollars or more

I dont know what it is about Roadhouse but I can watch that movie anytime. Its one of the most rewatchable films Ive ever seen actually.

Yeah same here.

“A bear fell on me”

HAHA!

“What if someone calls my momma a whore?”

“Is she?”

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
I dont know what it is about Roadhouse but I can watch that movie anytime. Its one of the most rewatchable films Ive ever seen actually.
[/quote]
yes. Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man is another one just like that. I have seen both at least twenty times each. I love that scene where he pulls that dude’s throat out. Classic.

Would EDTV be a Hickploitation film? He is a hick.

[quote=“ToothpickVicVega”]
Other Hixploitation:

Dixie Dynamite

Gator Bait

Scum of The Earth

The Last American Hero

Moonshine County Express

Macon County Line

tick…tick…tick

Walking Tall Trilogy

Big Bad Mama

Six Pack Annie

Cockfighter

Jackson County Jail

[/quote]

I’m dying to see Tick Tick Tick but cant find it anywhere is it even released on dvd/vhs? Also do you know where I find White Line Fever?

Have you seen Moonrunners? I read that the movie is very similar to the Dukes Of Hazard.

[quote=“me”]
I’m dying to see Tick Tick Tick but cant find it anywhere is it even released on dvd/vhs? Also do you know where I find White Line Fever?

Have you seen Moonrunners? I read that the movie is very similar to the Dukes Of Hazard.

[/quote]

I have tick…tick…tick… on VHS. I taped it off cable about 15 years ago. Im not sure if its on DVD yet. I never checked.

White Line Fever is a pretty good one. Its a trucker movie starring Jan Michael Vincent, its sort of like Convoy.

I havent seen Moonrunners but I also heard it was the main inspiration for The Dukes of Hazzard tv series.

Just watched poor pretty eddy it was a hickploitation film. One of the oddest films i have seen, all in all it was good in an exploitation way if you get a chance pick it up.