Heath Ledger in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

15 seconds of his much missed brilliance :frowning:

I have never been so upset over the death of an actor, than when I heard Heath had died. I feel like our generation, in losing Heath, knows what a generation before us felt when James Dean died.

Anyway, enjoy this teaser from what looks to be the movie of the year (in my opinion)

- YouTube

I still havenā€™t seen a single movie starring Ledger, and I canā€™t gather the strengh to watch Batman.

Cool extract, very short though

Oh he was so good in Batman I would skip the Brothers Grimm though. If you havent seen Candy you need toā€¦ Great performance though disturbing when you consider how he died.

Brokeback Mountain should have got him the Oscar. Total travesty that he didnā€™t win for that performance.

I watched Candy the day he died, and I cried like a little girl with a scraped knee. It was just such a shame to lose such an amazing actor, and the story of that film is enough to upset you.

I highly recommend reading the biography written by his family. He truly loved being an actor but hated that it came with being a celebrity. Canā€™t wait to see this movie. Will be taking my tissues with me.

I think most people feel it when they see Heath. That he was on the brink of greatness at such a young age and he was so cruelly taken away. Terry Gilliam has paid him the highest compliment, saying he was the best actor of his generation. He certainly was.

It saddens me that he is no longer around to hear those compliments from such esteemed people in the business, particularly Terry Gilliam, who has worked with so many great actors.

I watched 10 Things I hate about you just after posting yesterday, I was clueless that Heath was in it. Didnā€™t expect to see his name on the opening creditsā€¦ Now I really do want to see him in a more serious movie you know, teen movies are fun and heā€™s definitely one of the best, if not the best actor Iā€™ve seen in that kind of movies so far, but that doesnā€™t do justice to his talent.

So now I should get my hands on acclaimed films such as Brokeback Mountain and, well, TDK

Also Iā€™m Not There, his role (like everyone elseā€™s) was not huge, but itā€™s an interesting movie. He was also in Monster as Billy Bob Thorntonā€™s son.

Brokeback and The Dark Knight, though, they are two of the most intense performances/characters in screen history. (I donā€™t care what Biohazard thinks)

I liked him in the Lords of Dogtown too playing the stoner/hippie/surfer/slacker dude guy iā€™m sure I was the only person that saw that oneā€¦ and the Patriot with the anti-semitic sexist alcoholic Mel

[quote=ā€œnublobā€]
I liked him in the Lords of Dogtown too playing the stoner/hippie/surfer/slacker dude guy iā€™m sure I was the only person that saw that oneā€¦[/quote]

Donā€™t worry itā€™s on my shortlist, and Iā€™m sure Geoi has seen/would like to see it since she is into skateboarding =)

I also plan on watching Iā€™m Not There pretty soon.

No way, Lords of Dogtown is one of my faaavourites! Heath was awesome in that! If youā€™ve ever seen the documentary Dogtown and Z-Boys, youā€™ll see his portrayal of Skip Engblom is pretty much flawless. Also started my love of Emile Hirsch. Mmmm ā€¦

Candy, IMO is his best. But as in characters, hands down Skip from LODT, and Joker from TDK.

Also see Iā€™m Not There.

[quote=ā€œGRINDHOUSEā€]
Candy, IMO is his best. But as in characters, hands down Skip from LODT, and Joker from TDK.

Also see Iā€™m Not There.
[/quote]

Agreed. I think I may have a Ledger-thon tonight. :slight_smile: