Hardware (1990)

Anyone here seen this classic low budget sci-fi flick about a symbolic robot on a rampage through a womans apartment? No real famous faces in this film besides Dylan Mcderrmot and some fat guy who died in a Star Wars who played a creepy jerkoff neighbor REALLY well.

I can’t imagine what was cut out of the film for the american disturbution, the killings are short but real sweet and the one scene that made me cringe the most was when a guy cut his arm open and “things” happened.

Good ending too. If this film were released independantly then it would’ve been a huge sucess for the director and cast but having a mainstream release and bad press (marking it as a Terminator-like film) this movie has become obscure and kinda shitty.

But hey, Lemmy shows up in the film, Iggy Pop is the radio DJ “Angry Bob” and there’s PiL (Public image, Johnny Rottens overlooked second group post-sex pistols) music to the best parts of the film.

Highly recommend to those who can see it for what it really is and not succomb to what it tries to be.

Jjp, Laydback, seen this?

Naa, never seen it. this is going into the wishlist sounds great.

Just beware of the low budget/production. But I bet you’re used to that seeing B-movies alot.

movie feel dont bother me.i actually like it some times. :wink:

Minimal budget is good to take notes with, anyone can learn from seeing enough low budget films on how to make their own.

Richard Stanley, the guy is a legend.

There was some talk (on his blog) about Hardware getting a SE dvd release later this year. Hopefully by Subversive Cinema who were responsible for the awesome R1 Dust Devil dvd.

Wasn’t the Dust Devil release like 5 DVDs?

[quote=“Fuckface”]
Wasn’t the Dust Devil release like 5 DVDs?
[/quote]

Yeah

DISC ONE

*The Film - 108 min Final Cut

Audio Commentary by Richard Stanley and Norman Hill

Interview with director Richard Stanley and Composer Simon Boswell

Dust Devil “Home Movies”

Dust Devil 16 mm scrapbook

Original 16mm trailer

Cast and Crew Bios

Photo Gallery

Trailers

DVD credits

DISC TWO

*The Film - “Dust Devil: The Work Print Reconstruction” (115 min)

DISC THREE/CD

“Original Motion Picture Soundtrack” CD from composer Simon Boswell

DISC FOUR

-“Voice of the Moon AKA Afghan Voices (1990)” -documentary (with audio commentary by director Richard Stanley, moderated by Norman Hill)

-“The White Darkness (2002)” -documentary (with audio commentary by director Richard Stanley, moderated by Norman Hill)

“Interview with director Richard Stanley” -featurette

Cast & crew biographies

Trailers: “Voice of the Moon”, “Secret Glory”, “White Darkness”, “Dust Devil”, “SNAK”, and “Marauders”

DISC FIVE

-“The Secret Glory (2001)” -documentary (with audio commentary by director Richard Stanley, moderated by Norman Hill)

“Interview with director Richard Stanley” -featurette

Richard Stanley biography

Trailers: “The Secret Glory”, “Voice of the Moon”, “White Darkness”, “Alice”, “Dust Devil”, and “Future Kill”

+

12-page “Dust Devil - Comic book” by Phil Avelli

12-page booklet, containing essays and comments on the 3 documentaries

12-page “Dust Devil” production diary booklet

Reversible cover with two original posters