Grindhouse 2?

If there was a Grindhouse 2 what double feature would you want?

I would pick Machete and Thanksgiving

I liked Thanksgiving alot but Id really like to see some other genres done in GH 2. Like A Kung fu film and a Blaxploitation film or something. Not horror again, they should be diff genres each time.

an Asian Western?

Like i have already said before i would love to see a Hixploitation. It would be awesome if he actually films it in the south :slight_smile:

[quote=“me”]
Like i have already said before i would love to see a Hixploitation. It would be awesome if he actually films it in the south :slight_smile:
[/quote]
is that like a blaxploitation with Mexicans?

No a hixploitation is exploitation movie about rednecks or hicks. Walking Tall and White Lightning are classics in the genre.

I think QT said he is gonna do a Hixploitation-Moonshiner type film in the future but I doubt it will be in the Grindhouse format.

I gotta say, while I liked Grindhouse, Im not that upset that QT and RR arent gonna do any more double features. Im a QT fan first, I dont really care that much about what RR does.

[quote=“me”]
No a hixploitation is exploitation movie about rednecks or hicks. Walking Tall and White Lightning are classics in the genre.
[/quote]
like deliverance?

Hey Pete, where have you been? I missed you. Seriously.

Yeah deliverance is a hixploitation… that movie sure is scary

I remember renting it on VHS when I was in college (1994). I had heard about it, but only vaguely. When I watched it I kept saying to myself “William Thomas Foxtrot…WHAT THE FUCK?”

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
Hey Pete, where have you been? I missed you. Seriously.
[/quote]

Just took a little break. Thasall.

Well, it’s good to have you back. I hope that you are all rested and ready for some more action. This place has been a little boring lately…even Ify has been minding his manners. ;D

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I remember renting it on VHS when I was in college (1994). I had heard about it, but only vaguely. When I watched it I kept saying to myself “William Thomas Foxtrot…WHAT THE FUCK?”
[/quote]
Yeah the scene where he’s pulling out the arrow is very hard to watch

[quote=“me”]
Yeah the scene where he’s pulling out the arrow is very hard to watch
[/quote]
I was thinking about the “squeal like a pig” scene. That skinny dude with the overalls was pretty authentic looking. And where in the fuck did they find that wall-eyed inbred kid who could play the banjo so well? I’ll bet those were town folk - they just got lucky finding them there in the hills of Arkansas. They couldn’t have been actors - they were “the real mccoy”

[quote=“me”]
Yeah deliverance is a hixploitation… that movie sure is scary
[/quote]
Hey… I was just wondering… That baby on your pic, is that the dead baby from trainspotting? :S

I’m pretty sure it’s from Brazil.

Yeah its from a movie calle Brazil.

Yeah the Dueling Banjos song became a real big hit and i think its a pretty catchy song if you ask me

yea it is catchy.

[quote=“me”]
Yeah its from a movie calle Brazil.

Yeah the Dueling Banjos song became a real big hit and i think its a pretty catchy song if you ask me
[/quote]
it is a bluegrass exercise - when you are learning guitar or banjo or what have you - this is a good scale exercise to warm up with. that kid plays it pretty damn fast - I heard that it was really him playing, but this article says he didn’t. Billy Redden - Wikipedia