The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Grindhouse 2?

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/8790

Do you think there will a Grindhouse 2? im thinking no but maybe when hell freezes over.

Most likely no, but maybe quentin and robert will use their own money (i dono 5 or 6 mil) to put together for a straight to dvd Thanksgiving or Don’t

Not till at least 5 years. After the DVD sales become strong we may see some more grindhouse.

i doubt it but i love for a sequel to be released. plus tarantino has never donw a sequel in his career yet.

I doubt he would do one himself but he may pass it on to other directors.

Well this wont be your usual sequel. With GH2 you can have different storylines where most sequels have to stay close to the first one. I know qt has said he’s gonna do a kung fu movie but I think GH2 will probably be Thanksgiving and Dont.

No, I don’t think there will be a Grindhouse 2 unless Rodriguez turnes Machetti into a feature. I could see Tarantino making a cameo appearance. I’m still hoping Quentin will make a sequal to Kill Bill. And I’m dying to see Inglorious Bastards. Does anybody know when IB is supposed to come out?

Hopefully within the next 10 years

Id rather see a good ol boy film first, there is too much war in everyday life right now.

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
Id rather see a good ol boy film first, there is too much war in everyday life right now.
[/quote]
Yeah same here something like White Lightning or Walking Tall

I love White Lighting and Walking Tall was shot in my home town. I like watching it and remembering how the city once looked.

Seriously? A couple of years ago I actually visited his house in adamsville(it looks just like a 70’s/80’s house hahaha)

[quote=“me”]
Seriously? A couple of years ago I actually visited his house in adamsville(it looks just like a 70’s/80’s house hahaha)
[/quote]

Thats some ways from me, my hometown is Jackson and that is where a lot of the film was shot.

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
I love White Lighting and Walking Tall was shot in my home town. I like watching it and remembering how the city once looked.
[/quote]

I looove White Lightning as well but who doesn’t? :slight_smile:

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
I looove White Lightning as well but who doesn’t? :slight_smile:
[/quote]

The question is: Who loved Gator?

I think a sequel could go in two directions.

1. It could be a ways off, probably 2 to 3 years before we get one from RR and QT with their possible Machete and Kung-Fu film. Which are a good match for each other.

2. It could be two new directors like Eli Roth (Thanksgiving) and Edgar Wright (Don’t) doing their features based on the trailers. The problem with those would be budgets, as Tarantino and Rodriguez are masters of keeping stuff cheap, but it doesn’t go that way for every director. E. Wright might be cheaper because he’ll shoot overseas. Those are very, very possible as both directors are popular in the states. Tarantino could then shoot his Cowgirls of Sweden trailer, RR could shoot another trailer, and they could get someone else to do one. Possibly Kevin Smith.

Somebody should do a western…like QT…but after Bastards :wink:

[quote=“badmutha77”]

2) It could be two new directors like Eli Roth (Thanksgiving) and Edgar Wright (Don’t) doing their features based on the trailers. The problem with those would be budgets, as Tarantino and Rodriguez are masters of keeping stuff cheap, but it doesn’t go that way for every director. E. Wright might be cheaper because he’ll shoot overseas. Those are very, very possible as both directors are popular in the states. Tarantino could then shoot his Cowgirls of Sweden trailer, RR could shoot another trailer, and they could get someone else to do one. Possibly Kevin Smith.
[/quote]
Well I want Thanksgiving to get made really bad, i dont care if it gets released on the screen or straight to dvd i dont care as long as it gets released. Im a fan of those strange slasher movies where the killer dresses up and kills people(how this genre could have faded away is beyond me)

[quote=“me”]
Well I want Thanksgiving to get made really bad, i dont care if it gets released on the screen or straight to dvd i dont care as long as it gets released. Im a fan of those strange slasher movies where the killer dresses up and kills people(how this genre could have faded away is beyond me)
[/quote]
Everyone wants reality shows now. That should be a sign of the times. Can you believe it? There is actually a show where fat people have a contest to see who can lose the most weight! What kind of fucking loser watches this shit? I say, combine the slasher film with reality TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMxvGPH79pA

Hahaha!