Great movie until

It wasn’t supposed to be scary also. It was supposed to be an over the top gorefest LIKE WHAT STUCK IN THE MIDDLE SAID. You people are fucking stupid, excluding those who KNEW and WANTED vampires in this movie. God the all of the fucking ads, trailers, teasers and promotional shit told us THERE WAS GONNA BE VAMPIRES IN THIS FILM AND IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE OVER THE TOP IN GORE AND FUN what else were you expecting? Fucking Reservoir Dogs? Pulp Fiction?

MORONS

[quote]It wasn’t supposed to be scary also. It was supposed to be an over the top gorefest LIKE WHAT STUCK IN THE MIDDLE SAID. You people are fucking stupid, excluding those who KNEW and WANTED vampires in this movie. God the all of the fucking ads, trailers, teasers and promotional shit told us THERE WAS GONNA BE VAMPIRES IN THIS FILM AND IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE OVER THE TOP IN GORE AND FUN what else were you expecting? Fucking Reservoir Dogs? Pulp Fiction?

MORONS[/quote]

listen to this man!

fuck! 90 % of the topics in the FDTD section bitch about the vamp shit…fuck…did you guys actually see the movie?

ITS A VAMPIRE MOVIE!!!

hehe…VAMP. It sounds like a racial slur.

Some people make it sound as if in the middle of the movie Robert and QT just ran out of ideas and decided to include all the vampire stuff just for the hell of it. In reality the first part of the movie was just used a set-up for the eventual gore-mania. If someone doesn’t like it, what can I say? Your loss. :stuck_out_tongue:

The characters didn’t change their personalities. It’s just that in a situation of conflict is when a character’s true traits are shown. So in a way, they were just being more of how they were, except that had to use it to stay alive.

[quote]i just didnt think the kids would suddenly grow balls and start killing vampires, and i didnt think kietel’s character would have started gunning down vampires all of a sudden either, just didnt seem to fit[/quote]

Dude, fuckin think about it. If you're stuck in a place with creatures you previously thought never existed, and you know fo sho you were gonna die, I'm sure you would act [i]a little[/i] differently. If something's about to kill you, you're not gonna be your same ol' same ol' self. You're gonna wanna keep your ass alive.

The only minor thing that bugged me a bit was that the BADASS Clooney didn’t react after being punched by Keitel, and just stood there on the floor like a fucking pussy. Otherwise, there wasn’t any inconsistencies. They were just a bunch of people fighting to stay alive…it’s not as if that needed the biggest characterisation build-up in movie history.

I gotta agree with MaHnIgGaBeAuMoNt on the whole “heroic reaction” they had all of a sudden, it seemed unreal (intended or not).

I know for a fact If I was put in that situation, I would “freak the hell out!” and Im fine with them fighting and killing the vamps,thats what I would do to, but it seemed like they were’nt even scared :stuck_out_tongue:

and I dont care if your a "Charles Bronsan motha fucka"

You would’nt act like superman in that type of situaition.

But as Ive said before, I still like the movie, brilliant idea, I just would have liked to see it done a "little"bit differently, thats all.

And I understand when some of you people say

"it was ment to be that way"

but I would rather have it “a more realistic way”

[quote]

And I understand when some of you people say

"it was ment to be that way"

but I would  rather have it “a more realistic way”[/quote]

Well, then I guess QT and Rodriguez didn't make this film with an audience in mind, since none of you like it.. :-/

this movie isnt a documentary…its a movie!

made by 2 people who love movies: RR and QT…

the point of the movie is having fun…vampires arent realistic…and the reactions are indeed a little calm…but fuck…I dont care! I enjoyed this movie, because its just pure fun! and thats what its supposed to be: FUN…coolness and cool as fuck lines…

and its a vampire movie with a long novel style intro…QT wanted it this way because in most horror movies you get to see the horror very soon, QT wanted the sudden twist of madness…and I think its great!

As Jules would say “…You make an interesting point”

:wink:

Hey, you can like this movie or not. But don’t fuckin crucify anyone just because they bring up some negative things. I thought Dusk til Dawn was pretty decent until right after the first vampire fight scene, after that it just seemed rushed and didn’t hold my interest. I think maybe if RR had edited it a little better and had the vamp scenes come earlier, it could have been a better movie. It is still worth renting, even tho it’s not the greatest movie ever.

Whether the second half is shit or not, the movie is worth to own IMO because of the awesome first half. You can’t beat Richie Gecko.

yeah, not the best movie ever and it has its flaws…but its still a lot of fun and the collectors edition with full tilt boogie rockssssssss

If it was only anamorphic… sigh

[quote]i thought the asian kid and the girl would probably have broken down and gave up, its too much stress on a person to realize there are vampires everywhere all of a sudden.  i think they would have been sheltered too much all their lives.  and kietel’s sudden reconciliation with God seemed too forced, just didnt see it happening while hes out shooting vampires[/quote]

have you ever watched a movie?? how come you didnt complain when the bride would chop off a head and a shit load of blood would gush out?? huh? why not? its a movie. RR and QT were making a point. these normal people all of a sudden are badass vampire killers. its supposed to be humourous

I actually like the 2nd half more then the first. I can take gore over talking any ol day-

-of the fuckin week. And Buono, I’m bitching at the stupid motherfuckers who act as if they didn’t even know there was a fuckin vampire in this film. Not that fact that they didn’t like the second half. Just the fact that they were ignorant to the (HUGE) fact that this was a fuckin vampire movie.

[size=4]IT IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK CHEESY[/size]

[size=88]But maybe he didn’t like how cheesy it looked[/size]

[size=7]WHY ARE WE TALKING SO LOUD[/size]