Got A Question

this has probably already been discussed but…Whats with McGraw? Is PT supposed to be set before FDTD and Kill Bill?

I’m told Earl McGraw is in the second act of Death Proof.

But somehow the entire act is boring. -Not sure about this as I have not read the script.

Doesn’t DP take place in the “Quentin Universe” not the “Movie Universe”? Earl McGraw is in the “Movie Universe.” I thought characters can’t cross between the two universes. Unless Michael Parks is playing the actor who plays Earl McGraw. Like how Rose McGowan in DP is the actress who plays Cherry in PT (I’m not sure, is this right?).

oh my, here we go with that timeframe movie universe bullshit again.

IT’S A MOVIE, enjoy it and don’t think about shit like that.

and as far as i know, Parks is in both Planet Terror and Death Proof.

QT is the one who created this “timeframe movie universe bullshit.” And as a Tarantino fan, knowledge of “shit like that” enhances the enjoyment of his films.

McGraw is an exception to the rule, that’s the only logical reason

I think we had this discussion in another thread already but QT originally said there was only one character that could jump his two movie universes and that was Winston Wolf. He said The Wolf was a Movie Movie (FDTD, NBK, Kill Bill) character that could also enter the Realer Than Real World (TR, Dogs, Pulp).

Now Earl McGraw, Edger McGraw, Dakota, The Crazy Babysitter Twins can also jump from the Movie Movie Universe (PT) into the Realer than Real World of DP.

It sounds crazy but QT has explained the whole thing. But what I dont get is how Death Proof takes place in the same area as PT (and even mentions Jungle Julia), but its not set in the real world.

Im confused about that whole two universes thing now.

Ok my brain just died after reading that.

Its fucked up, maybe we can figure it out when we see the movies.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
…It sounds crazy but QT has explained the whole thing.
[/quote]

When? I’d love to hear it.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
I think we had this discussion in another thread already but QT originally said there was only one character that could jump his two movie universes and that was Winston Wolf. He said The Wolf was a Movie Movie (FDTD, NBK, Kill Bill) character that could also enter the Realer Than Real World (TR, Dogs, Pulp).

Now Earl McGraw, Edger McGraw, Dakota, The Crazy Babysitter Twins can also jump from the Movie Movie Universe (PT) into the Realer than Real World of DP.

It sounds crazy but QT has explained the whole thing. But what I dont get is how Death Proof takes place in the same area as PT (and even mentions Jungle Julia), but its not set in the real world.

Im confused about that whole two universes thing now.

[/quote]

Cuz Planet Terror is a movie that takes place in Deathproof’s world… That what I heard…