Got a new idea in line

Okay so i just read Zombie Survival guide and man that book gave me some ideas.

I was reading zombie survival guide and it tells you the stages before turning into a zombie so i decided that i’m gonna write a script like that.

What its gonna be about is its gonna be about this family. Its a nice loving family from the south. A wife who is an ex stripper. She use to be a stripper trying to make money before she got married to her husband and got two kids. Her husband who is a cop working for the police, find out about a terrorist threat. When the terrorist let out their attack to the U.S. something horrible happens and the virus doenst just head for the U.S it spreads across the whole world. Alot of people survived in their homes and with warning got cover and protection but the unlucky ones got turned into flesh eating zombies. Including the terrorist. One day the father comes rushing home to see if his wife and kids were okay. The father also has a brother who is not only his brother but his partner. The brother comes and stay with his wife and kids. When he gets to the house they are all okay. Until there next door neighbors break open the door. And they now have to fight for survival. So 30 to 40% into the movie the father gets bit on the neck by a random zombie the family was real worried they had to find survival. And they thanked the lord for having his brother along with them to help them out. But the thing about this movie and i dont really know for sure how to do this. Its not like the traditinal zombie movie where the person gets bit and then 3 to 5 minutes later its a zombie. No i read in Zombie survival guide that it takes like more then 10 hours or so before it officially turns into a zombie and theres like symptoms like vomiting and other stuff and i’m gonna add that in the movie which i’m planning on actually making it a long zombie film like 2 and a half to 3 hours you will see this father while still trying to save his family and have his brothers help along with it you will see this father morphing into what will end up being a zombie. There will be different stages and to his sickness and you will somehow be able to notice it and this movie even though it will be like 2 and a half to 3 hours in this movie the guy will take more then 10 hours to finally turn into a zombie also the movie will take place multiple days and you will see this father morphing and morphing into a zombie. Which will be cool. I dont know i just thought of this after reading zombie Survival guide and im not all the way through my movie idea i just liked the father morphing into the zombie and all the symtoms with it and i also thought the terriost thing was cool it wasnt based on scientists they were terriosts trying to kill the U.S. which that already happened. And i just like the whole family aspect a family and its only based on that family they are the main characters your seeing. But tell me what you think of it you can give suggestions and help me out and give me constructive critisism i just want to know what you thought of it.

Yeah, sounds pretty sweet.

Weird. I’m about 70 pages into a similar zombie movie. Mine’s a recently

divorced alcoholic that get’s bit on page twelve and the rest of the movie

follows him trying to find his teenage daughters and get them to safety

before the bite kills him. Mine is in real time though. I kind of wrote it as

a mix between Shaun of the Dead and Nick of Time.

The weird part is that I also came up with the idea after reading Zombie

Survival Guide. I got stuck on the ending about a month ago and have been

hoping to find a torrent for World War Z to use as motivation to finish it.

[quote=“DexPac”]
Weird. I’m about 70 pages into a similar zombie movie. Mine’s a recently

divorced alcoholic that get’s bit on page twelve and the rest of the movie

follows him trying to find his teenage daughters and get them to safety

before the bite kills him. Mine is in real time though. I kind of wrote it as

a mix between Shaun of the Dead and Nick of Time.

The weird part is that I also came up with the idea after reading Zombie

Survival Guide. I got stuck on the ending about a month ago and have been

hoping to find a torrent for World War Z to use as motivation to finish it.

[/quote]

lol thats funny, yea i really liked that book just because i just like zombies but yea yours sounds pretty sweet, keep up the good work and you have my best wishes. I guess more people have been thinking like me lol.

They both sound interesting.

sounds interesting… zombies to me have been done to death… oops. but actually humanizing the situation of becoming a zombie is a new one. go with it!!!

I’ve only ever seen that concept in a few Buffy episodes- sounds neat in any case. Its pretty nigh on impossible to churn out stuff thats completely original. Cos like roulette67 said, zombies have sort of been done to death.

That shouldn’t stop anyone though.

Oh and just to reiterate what everyone else has said, that Zombie Survival guide is fucking A :wink:

It’s true that the Zombie film has been done to death, but that’s true for all

genres in all form of story telling. All the basic plots have but taken but

there’s an endless combiniation of characters and situations left untapped

and that’s what makes a story truly original.

As far as Zombie Survival Guide goes I just got it’s sequel World War Z

in an audio book format and it’s just as good if not better. I highly

reccomend it.

Oh definitely, just cos its a tired genre shouldn’t stop anyone approaching from a different angle. Actually, if anything, there’s loads of zombie ideas still to be churned out- George Romero is still the go to guy on zombie horror, and that hasn’t changed for decades. Till that changes, thats just proof that the genre still has mileage.

World War Z…heard of it, have to check it out if I can.

that’s an interesting idea, but i have a question.

is the family aware that the father has been biten, or are they unaware and he justs starts getting sick and they don’t know why?

just curious

I reckon they probably get an inkling towards the end lol. And if they didn’t there wouldn’t be so much dramatic tension.

Oh, I forgot to say before-

[quote=“Tarantino101”]
Her husband who is a cop working for the police
[/quote]

Heh, no shit! :stuck_out_tongue: