Good online stores for dvds?

i just oderered this:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www3.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2 … code=11976”>http://www3.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=11976</LINK_TEXT>

i swear, its cheap, no shipping charges and it was here inside a week. kudos to cd-wow. they rock my world!

www.play.com ← Europe [free delivery to Europe, cheapest prices]

www.playusa.com ← newish US version [ditto-States]

http://www.dvdasian.com/

pretty cool shop

they only accept credit card though

Here’s a list of internet stores a have used. These all accept Visa as a payment method.

Asia:

www.layoyo.com: Cheapest place for asian dvds. They have tons of hk classics for 2-4 € each. Cheap shipping too, and decent delivery times.

www.dddhouse.com: Another really cheap place. I’ve only used it once, and that time I wasn’t too impressed by the way the packed the dvds (though no damage was caused).

www.yesasia.com: Pretty expensive, but very reliable. DVDs exellently packed. Fast delivery,too. Sells japanese, korean and hk dvds.

www.cdjapan.co.jp: Expensive (because it’s a japanese store) but overall a very good place to get japanese dvds. They have pretty much every dvd and cd released in japan. Also, exellent packaging.

www.amazon.co.jp: A lot faster than it’s american counterpart. The site is fully in japanese, but the payment can be done in english. Also, ‘buy item’ button is shown in english if you select so. The hard part is finding items cause they use japanese names for japanese products. Western films are easier to find.

USA and Canada

www.dvdsoon.com Probably the cheapest place for R1 discs. But their name is a joke. If they don’t have item in stock, prepare to wait for weeks, or even months

www.dvdasian.com: Expensive, but othewise good. Great packaging and fast delivery. (I’ve only used once)

www.aznfilms.com: Expensive, but they might have stuff that is already out of print. Other that price it’s a good place. (I’ve only used once)

www.dvdpacific.com: Used to be the best place for R1 dvds. Last year someone broke into their database and stole credit card info. I guess everything is allright now, but I ain’t giving my visa info to them anymore (had to change my card once beaouse of them).

www.digitaleyes.net: A good place for R1 dvds. Pretty fast shipping and reasonable prices.

www.amazon.com: Expensive and quite slow, too. Not one of my favourites.

www.xploitedcinema.com: I’ve got nothing but good things to say about this store. I pre-ordered Thiller- A Cruel Picture, it was shipped three weeks before the official release, and it took less than a week to arrive to Finland (from USA). Nice prices, too. Sells non mainstream films and imports.

www.deepdiscountdvd.com: Okay place with slow international shipping

UK

www.play.com: A good place for UK dvds. Cheap prices, free delivery and very reliable.

www.cdwow.com: Very cheap and extremely reliable. Free shipping. If the dvd damages during the delivery they will immediately send you a new copy. Prices get even cheaper if you use discount vouchers (you can find them on internet). Personally, I never make an order without using voucher. They mostly have new releases, and hardly any older dvds. Check out bargain basement, last summer I got a couple of HKL dvds for 3£ (normal price at least 12£). Sells a lot of import releases.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
Here’s a list of internet stores a have used. These all accept Visa as a payment method.

[www.dvdsoon.com Probably the cheapest place for R1 discs. But their name is a joke. If they don’t have item in stock, prepare to wait for weeks, or even months

[/quote]

So I guess their website name is intentionally sarcastic?

[quote=“Scarface”]
So I guess their website name is intentionally sarcastic?
[/quote]
Probably not. It’s not such a good business idea of being sarcastic towards customers. Actually, the orders tend to arrive really fast when they get them shipped. But dvdsoon itself can be so damn slow at times. When I ordered Drunken Master and Prodigal Son, and both were in stock. It only took a week for Drunken to arrive, but they haven’t even shipped Prodigal yet, even though it’s still in stock. Order status has been referring as “packaging” for over a week now.

i personally love www.dvdboxoffice.com, they’ve never let me down and they have fairly good prices and dont charge for shipping, same goes to cd-wow (co.uk, com, net whatever). they rock

A Little update:

[quote=“Hung Fist”]

www.yesasia.com: Pretty expensive, but very reliable. DVDs exellently packed. Fast delivery,too. Sells japanese, korean and hk dvds.
[/quote]
No problem with yesasia as long as they have the dvd in stock. But during the last four months, I have twice waited a month for an item they said they will get soon, and finally the tell me they can’t get more stock.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
www.aznfilms.com: Expensive, but they might have stuff that is already out of print. Other than high prices, it’s a good place. (I’ve only used once)
[/quote]
The second time I used them I got a wrong edition of a dvd. On the third time, well, I haven’t got anything yet. I ordered ABT trilogy. which they said they had in stock. Well, it wasn’t (and product page referred “in stock” for two more weeks). Now I have waited for over 2 months, and every time I email them they say they’ll get more stock next week. I’m not using them again.

www.dvdzone2.com

A french internet store with pretty good prices. I’ve only ordered once, but everything seems to work well with them.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/

A superb Australian web store. Only ordered once, but that time my order was despatched in less than an hour. Fast international (about 1 week) delivery. What impressed me most, was that they had opened the dvd case and put some padding inside to prevent any damages during the shipping.

www.Amazon.co.uk

Fast (less than a week) delivery. So far it seems that amazon.com is the worst of them all, while the british and japanese counterparts are doing good job. Reasonable shipping rates, too.

When you order DVDs out of the net, just check out, if there are some € to spare (word?).

http://www.dvdbargain.net/ShowDisc.asp

They have allways good links for cd wow…

[quote=“CPS”]
When you order DVDs out of the net, just check out, if there are some € to spare (word?).

http://www.dvdbargain.net/ShowDisc.asp

They have allways good links for cd wow…
[/quote]

That’s a useful site indeed. That’s where I get my cdwow vouchers and discount links. I have never payed a full price at cdwow ;D

Actually, I’ve never had any problem with Amazon, though I always hear complaints from other people about how slow they are. There could be two reasons for the gap between my experience and their reputation. 1- I live in Seattle, so maybe that’s why I get fast turnaround, and 2- I’ve always ordered from Amazon direct, never from their “used” sellers. I suspect these other sellers are much less reliable and contribute to Amazon’s shitty reputation when really they have no real connection to these sellers.

If you’rein region 2 consider getting the leone westerns from amazon.co.uk. There’s cheap as dirt, especially if you like in the UK. The special edish of TGTBATU is £7! If you buy them all together (Dollars series) or any combination and you’re orders ovr 19 pounds it’s free delivery!

I get everything from amazon or overstock.com. Overstock is only 2.99 shipping no matter how much you buy and the prices are great, but the selection is average.

I usually get my Asia dvd’s from ebay - but this can sometimes be a problem.

I’m looking for a consistent site with cheap shipping

Any ideas?

Go to any China town

We already have a topic for this subject:

http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=3537.0

sorry :-[

[quote=“j_c”]
sorry :-[
[/quote]

No problem. I’ll close this thread later. There’s a bunch of recommendations at the other thread. I’ll be glad to help if you have anything to ask.

You can close this and i’ll post any of my questions in the other thread.

Mi-ma-merged…