Fulltime Killer (Quan zhi sha shou )

Hey Angel i found your video… ;D

Anyway thoughts on this film?

Oh yeah and the French film Tok mentions, wasnt that the professional? ???

( Sorry if a topic about this already exists but i couldn’t find it :stuck_out_tongue:)

It’s been quite some time since I last saw this but I recall it being pretty good. Need to buy the french dvd

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
Hey Angel i found your video… ;D
[/quote]

Give it back to me!!

uhh yeh… ill try not to accidentally throw it in a dumpster…

It is a pretty good flick, but I find Johnnie To to be a bit overrated. I think the main reason he gets all the praise he gets is because he helped bring back the HK shootemup flick when really nobody else seemed to give a shit. Just my thoughts.

‘Hong Kong’s Takashi Miike’ Johnnie To is a bit over-rated yes, but at the same time his best movies like Throwdown are under-rated.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
‘Hong Kong’s Takashi Miike’ Johnnie To is a bit over-rated yes, but at the same time his best movies like Throwdown are under-rated.
[/quote]

Yeah I think so too. When you watch one of his best films you know why he’s become a big thing, but it did take me a while to figure out why everyone thought he was so good.

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
uhh yeh… ill try not to accidentally throw it in a dumpster…
[/quote]

I’m coming over and taking it. I’ll just turn up at some random hour and break one of your windows.

i dont know if i can say there overrated there movies are better than most movies coming out today…never seen this one though looks good.

I kinda want to see Election/2 and The Heroic Trio…

[quote=“Angel”]
I’m coming over and taking it. I’ll just turn up at some random hour and break one of your windows.
[/quote]

I don’t mind it’d save me the effort of giving it back to you myself… But It’d be pritty hard to get in through one of my windows… and knowing you… you probably get all cut up while trying to clime though… then id have to bandage your wounds…

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
[/quote]

I haven’t seen Throwdown and have only seen three of his films (The Mission, PTU, Fulltime Killer) so I’ll have to take your word for now. I did enjoy those three flicks but in my opinion they left something to be desired. But who knows.

I compare him kind of to Michael Mann, in that he can shoot really real fealing action scenes. I love the shootouts in the Mission. I don’t think he’s overrated but then I haven’t read much on him at all, and haven’t seen anything recent he’s done.

FullTime Killer was the first film I saw by him though, and I enjoyed it enough to check out more of his works including the great Heroes Never Die, and The MIssion.

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
The Heroic Trio…
[/quote]

The sequel is better. Even if everyone tells you it’s the other way round ;D

i recently started going to a new block buster<because they have a huge selection of movies, i mainly buy movies, but they have this there and im probably going to rent it the next time i go there.

Enjoy.