Filming in Luling, TX

GH is filming in luling texas, its a small town about an hour south of austin… this is the second time that they have been here…

[quote=“tx_2006”]
GH is filming in luling texas, its a small town about an hour south of austin… this is the second time that they have been here…
[/quote]

wow.

what more can you tell us?

QTs shooting his half in LA right?

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
QTs shooting his half in LA right?
[/quote]

Luling, TX is not in LA dude :wink:

and I assume the rest will be shot in or around Troublemaker studios

Well couldnt it be that RR is shooting some more footage in TX (Note, its the 2ND time theyve shot there) and QT is doing his half in LA?

I am not saying it couldn’t be, what I am saying is that I believe that is not the case, but it could be. How far is Luling from San Antonio?

Not sure how far away it is. Another thing about Death Proof is it is based around movie stuntpeople so it would make sense if it was set around Hollywood/LA right? We’ll see…

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
Not sure how far away it is. Another thing about Death Proof is it is based around movie stuntpeople so it would make sense if it was set around Hollywood/LA right? We’ll see…
[/quote]

oh… yeah, good point

Okay I can confirm that they are shooting in Lulling Texas. My cousin has a friend who’s grandfather owns a ranch in luling texas. Some people came to his door a few weeks ago and said that they were shooting a horror movire and they would like to use his ranch for some scenes. He he had no problem with it so they set up out in his ranch and filmed for the rest of the day. Then they came over and invited him to a little dinner thing they had on his ranch inside of a big tent or something like that I think. He eats with them, talks and has a good time then he calls my cousins friend. He says hey I just had dinner with some fine young men whoawere shooting a movie. She was kinda like huh and he said yeah have you ever heard of a Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez or Bruce willis?

I swear to god that story is true so yes they are shooting in Luling which I dont know exactly how far away from san antonio it is but I think it’s like an hour or maybe two.

See I had been gone fomr the computer for awhile so I didnt hear anything about grind house and when I heard I was like wow that is awesome. The funny thing is he did not recognize them lol not even bruce willis lol.

It only took them a day and not a full day on his ranch so they were probably not shooting that much on it but if I had to guess it was RR half of the movie for sure.

Bruce Willis? :o :o :o That would sooo rock if Bruce aka Butch aka John McClane is on board too! 8) 8)

maybe he’s playing someone in “cowgirls from sweden”

Thats awesome! Probably some quick shooting for Planet Terror. Does anyone know when QT is going to start shooting his half?

I feel sorry for anyone who is working in Luling, TX. The place smells like a bad fart - they mine sulphur in Luling which makes for a really smelly five minutes that it takes to drive through that shithole.

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
Thats awesome! Probably some quick shooting for Planet Terror. Does anyone know when QT is going to start shooting his half?
[/quote]

actually that should be QT now. he was supposed to start shooting at the beginning of june and rodriguez only after qt, in case he still needs some footage. but they work together at this. it might be that for the 3rd person viewer, its not noticeable whos half it is or who is the principal director on it

I’m glad I could kinda contribute to the site :slight_smile:

I think grind house is gonna be awesome! I love it when QT and RR work together. Everytime they do a movie together I think it rocks.

everytime me and Jägemeister work together it’s a helluva good time but the next day is always hell on earth. now transfer that to QT and RR :wink: hehe

ok, i am from luling tx and i am the one who posted this first, luling is and hour east of san antonio on I-10, one of my friends works for the fire department and he got to work on the movie. he said he saw both QT and RR a lot, including rose mcgowan . they were shooting at an old Mill we have in town, they turned it into a BBQ place and set up gas pumps outside too. my friend said they wee blowing up trucks and everything, this place is right on the river. it was pretty cool

So they must be still filming scenes for Planet Terror.

I really wished QT or RR were as internet savvy as Kevin Smith. What a great world would that be :wink:

With all the stuff that RR can do (drawing, editing, music, filming, cooking etc), I find it highly unlikely he isnt internet savvy. I think its more a matter of not wanting to do the internet promotional/diaries thing.