Few queries about scripts and other problems

Hello, when you have finished a script and everything is perfect, you have gone over it 5 times and also shown your friends to see if they can find any errors. What happens next?

Do you copyright it and then send it to as many studios as possible or what? Do you get an agent first? I have ideas of scipts but i keep thinking of the comes that come after it and its intimidating and also adding to writers block. Help me out thanks.

P.S. Writer and Director Shyamalan made 45 homemade videos by the age of 17!! how is that possible

I’m working on my first script that looks like I actually will complete it. My wife and friends ask me what I’m going to do with it when it’s done. I just tell them that I’m going to get the script done first before I worry about any of that. Cause on all of my other unfinished scripts I worried about all of that. It’s really putting the cart before the horse. My advice would to just write and perfect your script(this could take a year or more alone) then copyright, but don’t worry about anything after that until it’s time, it’s just extra stuff in your head that doesn’t need to be there while you’re consentrating on a script. Besides run a search on the internet, or talk to some people on this board and you can get alot of good ideas where to go next.

i have a tough time getting anything off the writing board see i will have an idea about what i want to talk about but it when i go to write it, it never comes down or i will stop and go to another project can anyone help me or explain to me why this is happening to me?

If you have a script that you’re confident is putting into competition, then you can send it to all sorts of places - agents, managers, studios (to a limited degree). There are all sorts of resources online to help you with your game plan. The best approach, however, is to be in L.A. and get your script to people in the know. Of course, make sure you have material that you can stand behind with confidence. When you have material that you are 100% happy with, don’t you find ways to get it into peoples’ hands?

P.S. I made a damn sight more than 45 videos before I was 17. I made more than that before I was 14. It’s called “being a kid with a camera”. Best way to learn, regardless of your age.

[quote=“Hal06”]
Hello, when you have finished a script and everything is perfect, you have gone over it 5 times and also shown your friends to see if they can find any errors. What happens next?

Do you copyright it and then send it to as many studios as possible or what? Do you get an agent first? I have ideas of scipts but i keep thinking of the comes that come after it and its intimidating and also adding to writers block. Help me out thanks.

P.S. Writer and Director Shyamalan made 45 homemade videos by the age of 17!! how is that possible
[/quote]

Very possible im 15 nd i have made about 30 of them nd im currently working on a more serious one now that you can check out on the forum One Corpse Too many.

[quote=“MiaMsPink”]

Yeah, well things are a LOT different now than when Shyamalan was 17. Annnyyybooddyy can make a “movie” these days. Cameras are so inexpensive and thanks to youtube and other sites like that…it’s a lot easier than when most of us were younger. I mean, I’m only 24…and technology has changed a lot even since I was a teen.

Basically…not to be rude, but I don’t think it’s really anything to brag about these days, to have made 30 “films” by the age of 15.
[/quote]
im not bragging im just saying it was very possible.

Jjp…got any youtube links?

I’d love to see your work!

[quote=“Tristan”]
Jjp…got any youtube links?

I’d love to see your work!
[/quote]

ill start posting it tonight.

ya ive made over a hundred shorts and features since i was like 12. shyamalan has nothing.

check out some of my stuff: http://myspace.com/tbuel

(click view more videos near the pics section)

plus shyamalan sucks any way.

blue steel are you a film student?

[quote=“Jjp”]
blue steel are you a film student?
[/quote]

inbox homie

[quote=“Bluesteel”]
inbox homie
[/quote]

Test tube baby?

hahahahah