Feel sort of cheated

Id just like to vent some of my mixed feelings on the upcoming Vol.2.

Ive never really loved a movie so strongly as Vol.1, it was such a mind-blowing experience that i will never forget.

Ive been anxiously waiting for part two, but as i read more about it, i sort of get a feeling like i have been cheated a continuation of Vol.1.

Firstly, i loved Vol.1, amongst many reasons, for the greatest cinematic battle; the house of blue leaves, it made violence so artistic, abstract and comical. I now find that in Vol.2 there is no hint of a grand, blood slpattered battle, only a few duels, here and there. However, i must say that i am extremely excited and anxious about seeing the Elle Vs. Uma fight, it sounds awesome, and i completely love everything about Hannah’s character.

Secondly, i know violence doesnt mean a movie will be good or bad, but Vol.1 was saturated in exhillirating comical gore, i loved it, if you loved Vol.1, you had to of loved it, it was everywhere. Now i know that Vol.2 is bereft of any strong violence.

The second movie is now “dialogue-based” and “low on the action” The thing is i cant be expected to fully accept the second movie when Vol.1 seems to be so different. LOTR was great, all 3 of them because they were all sustained in content.

I can understand that the movie was not initially meant to be split, so that opened the movie up for an inconsistent lower-key sequel rather than a dramatic second-half-of-film

Lastly, and most sadly, the soundtrack. Nearly all of the music in Vol.1 is constantly replayed on my computer, they are all magnificent catchy and suitable songs that played exceptionally well in the movie (the “crane/white lightning” before Uma hacks through the crazy 88, and “twisted nerve” as Elle coolly walks in the hospital) I have downloaded the bulk of Vol.2 soundtrack, and i must say, ive only really liked 2 (urami-bushi, and goodnight moon). The rest seem to be ‘boring’ and un-atmospheric tunes.

While, i know i havent seen it yet, and i pray that the movie will blow my expectations out of the water, i have read what people who have seen the movie said, and it all points to what i have outlined previously.

Anyway, i would really like to know your thoughts on this issue.

ugh, too many words.

pdarkness:

if you dont like volume 2, but like volume 1, then you’re absolutely a bizarre person. you have to look at it as one movie. volume 1 is the more japan-style adventure, volume 2 more the chinese and spaghetti-western adventure. and the music is great! man! morricone!!!

Kill Bill is essentially ONE movie which was filmed AT THE SAME TIME, so there’s nothing to suggest the 2 volumes will not be sustained in content. And Morricone is the greatest composer EVER, his tunes are anything but “un-atmospheric”.

You should probably watch V2 before you say that you feel cheated because otherwise you’ll feel like your being ripped off by something you havent even seen.

My thoughts on this are quite opposite than the ones of pdarkness. I look forward to Vol2 actually being “the better half”. I love old spaghetti Westerns where lots can be told while nothing is actually said or done. Good as vol1 was, I’m still waiting for something more than a beautiful carnage coreography (Call it “depth” if you must). And that I think we’ll get. Judging Vol1 was difficult as it was only half of a movie. I’ve said this before, it was a very good movie, but it didn’t rock my world. After seeing the round-up I may have to re-evaluate.

And don’t you be dissing Ennio! The best movie composer there’ll ever be!

Interesting thoughts. I most definitely am going to try and reserve my feelings about vol.2 and wait untill I see it. There is not long at all to go…

Kill Bill as a whole film has something for everyone. If you dont like the fast paced, raw, exploitation, blood drenched cinema bliss of Volume 1 you always can watch Volume 2 to get the trademark QT monologues, the character based, slowed down pace type of film. I think Volume 2 will be definitely be more textured as far as the character work goes, but it will still have that supercool Grindhouse cinema edge to it. You really have to look at Kill Bill as one entity. Not as two separate movies.

I think Volume 2 may have more original score music than Volume 1. The soundtrack music Ive heard from Volume 2 is definitely cool tho. Remember, not every song from Volume 2 is on the soundtrack either, just like those cool themes from Volume 1 that were left off.

Kill Bill is a pop culture, Grindhouse cinema overload. Its freakin heroin!! :slight_smile:

Saying the OST sucks before you’ve seen and heard how it blends into the scenes is a little early in my opinion.

Pdarkness, I agree that vol.2 is not very action-packed compared to the first one, but I still think that it will gonna rock in its own style. Don’t forget that all the other battles in vol.1 were one-on-one (Bride vs. anyone who was preventing her from her revenge quest). To tell you the truth, I prefer one-on-one battles than one character beating the hell out of a whole “army”.

As for the soundtrack, I think it will kick a$$! I’ve only heard one song and it was enough to persuade me to pre-order it. And that song was ennio morricone’s “Silhouete of doom” (the music which is heard in the vol.2 teaser trailer). This song is purely… awesome!!!

As the guys have already said, please see the movie first before you label it with this kind of judgment.

You said that the Elle/Bride duel is what you’re looking forward to the most, right? Well from the little footage I saw from the trailer, this looks like it will no doubt be THE best scrap of the 2 volumes. Up until now, I was just under the impression that their fight would just be a hand-to-hand, rock’em-sock’em catfight. But I saw some shots in there where the 2 of them swing their swords at each other with intense rage, Whereas the O-ren/Bride battle was handled in more like a respectable, elegant sword ballet. But this one is the EXACT opposite. I’d say that this fight alone will restore your hunger that you craved in Vol-1.

[quote]Kill Bill as a whole film has something for everyone. If you dont like the  fast paced, raw, exploitation, blood drenched cinema bliss of Volume 1 you always can watch Volume 2 to get the trademark QT monologues, the character based, slowed down pace type of film. I think Volume 2 will be definitely be more textured as far as the character work goes, but it will still have that supercool Grindhouse cinema edge to it. You really have to look at Kill Bill as one entity. Not as two separate movies. ÂÂ

I think Volume 2 may have more original score music than Volume 1. The soundtrack music Ive heard from Volume 2 is definitely cool tho. Remember, not every song from Volume 2 is on the soundtrack either, just like those cool themes from Volume 1 that were left off.

Kill Bill is a pop culture, Grindhouse cinema overload. Its freakin heroin!! :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Yeah RIght!

[quote]

Yeah RIght!
[/quote]
you’re quick witted and funny.

HOT DAMN!

On FX Channel Tuesday Night at 8 pm they are showing that shitty Matrix rip off The One BUT…

They are also showing an early preview of Kill Bill Volume 2!!

On the commercial for this they showed clips:

The Bride saying to Bill: How did you find me?

Bill to Budd: Shes coming for you.

And that High Plains Drifter style dissolve shot of The Bride walking thru the desert.

It looks beautiful, so sharp and clear on TV. :slight_smile:

TUNE IN TUESDAY NIGHT!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

[quote]And Morricone is the greatest composer EVER, [/quote]

Dude no

Not “ever”

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP. YOU HAVENT SEEN THE GODDAMN MOVIE.

[quote]ugh, too many words.[/quote]

You’re one to talk, Joe

Guys, Matrixfan is right. Kill Bill Volume 2 will be nowhere as good as the 3rd Matrix sequel, “Matrix Forever.” ::slight_smile: