Federico Fellini

Anybody in here a Fellini fan like myself? Your favorite films by him?

my favorites are (ofcourse) 8 1/2, La Strada and Nights of Cabiria

hes was cinematic hero, i discoverd his stuff way too late

La Strada is awesome

but he also made some very bizarre stuff, like Satyricon

yeah hes a surrealist, most italian directors are, something the french are yet to discover, , they are mostly jsut straight to the point, less art, italian film is art

I still need to see La Strada and finish La Dolce Vita.

Nights of Cabiria is the best that I’ve seen yet, but my favorite is Satyricon.

La Dolce Vitas damn good.

so is La Strada. try to watch the long cut (original version)

i loved Satyricon! Obviously La Strada, 8 1/2 and La Dolce Vita i love as well. Fellini was just a master.

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
something the french are yet to discover, , they are mostly jsut straight to the point, less art, italian film is art
[/quote]

Hey, but the French gave us Jeunet!

the french gave us alot: Jeunet, Godard, Truffaut, Renoir…

just saying theres a big diffrence between the french and italian 8)

funnily enough i do understand what you are saying, yeah italian and french films are pretty different.

La strada is a great movie!!!

God, Giulietta Masina’s performance is so touching… :’(

[quote=“Silvia-BlackMamba”]
La strada is a great movie!!!

God, Giulietta Masina’s performance is so touching… :’(
[/quote]

i dont think she acted. i think she’s a tramp for real :stuck_out_tongue:

???

Masina is a lovely lady, can’t help but just smile when you see her twiddle through the screen and laugh at her lovely manners.

I’ve never seen a director with the ability to create their thoughts on the screen so well as Fellini did. By doing so he makes the world so much more interesting than it is and gives it more depth and I think Fellini represents why film is a legitimate artform.

My favourites are: 8 1/2 and la strada

Haven’t seen all of his movies but the ones that I’ve seen were simply amazing.

La Strada is one of my all time faves. I love 8 1/2 too.

Giulietta Masina is simply amazing, she’s one of the greatest italian actresses of all time.

If you loved her in La Strada, see also Giulietta degli spiriti and Le notti di CAbiria :wink:

Another Italian Neo-Realist director I really like is Valerio Zurlini.

i’ve wanted to get into felllini for a long time now. I think i will soon. I figure that i will get 8 1/2, La Strada, La Dolce Vita, and Nights of Cabiria. I also will get De Sica’s Bicycle Thieves, and Umberto D. I also have some Benigni films. SO my question for you guys is: what other art house italian directors should i look into. This past summer was my Spaghetti Western/ Polizia/ Cannibal wave, and soon i will purchase some giallo movies. After that, i will get into Italian arthouse films. Italian cinema is def. second best in the world, second to american.

Bernardo Bertolucci

In particular, Il Conformista