Favorite Horror Movies

Anybody ever see The Lost Highway? It’s listed as one of the top 20 horror films by Entertainment Weekly. I’m just curious about it, never seen it or heard of it before. Can’t even find it.

Yeah, I’ve seen it, it’s from director David Lynch. I don’t think it’s that good to stand in the top 20.

[quote=“roulette67”]
Anybody ever see The Lost Highway? It’s listed as one of the top 20 horror films by Entertainment Weekly. I’m just curious about it, never seen it or heard of it before. Can’t even find it.
[/quote]

i like it, by i don’t consider it a horror film. i don’t really know how to classify it but i really don’t look at it as horror.

I almost forgot,

2 more

1.The Devil’s Backbone

2.Henry-Portrait of a Serial Killer

There’s going to be a marathon of Mario Bava films on IFC Halloween night. It’s going to be cool.

[quote=“The Shepherd”]
[quote=“roulette67”]
[/quote]

i like it, by i don’t consider it a horror film. i don’t really know how to classify it but i really don’t look at it as horror.
[/quote]

It is definatly not a horror. I like Mulholland Drive better.

All David Lynch movies are somewhat scary. There’s that weird atmosphere.

yeah, they fuck with you but in a diffrent way a horror movie fucks with you

horror movies aren’t always “scary”, though (most Japanese horror (wich i disslike) is just based on strictly violence)

if you look at the “Guinea Pig” series, it’s not scary at all, its just blood and gore straight sick shit (Charlie Sheen actually reported it because he thought it was an actual snuff movie, silly old man)

but i say; a good horror movie makes you scared and paranoia no matter how brave your soul is

the blood and murder in horror movies are just a minor detail to me, horror is a subgenre for suspense movies, hitchcock partially invented horror without having people burtally killed with a meathook

murder just discribes your fear more, it tells what could possibly be waiting for you behind your bedroomdoor

i love horror, i think the effect that it has on people is more powerfull than any genre, romantic movies make people cry, horror movies fuck with you in a way that’s more powerfull then any emotion, fear stands above love

some people say Se7en is a horror movie, no its not, i didnt feel no suspense while watching that film, it didnt scare me at all, its a ‘putting the pieces together- movie’, wich is far from horror

horror is suspense, and it just happends that violence is apart of that

Right, right.

I remember the “Blair Witch Project”. It was so dismal and scary. I mean, there were no bloody scenes at all. It was just so goddamn scary. It fucked up my mind, I couldn’t sleep. And the ending wasn’t clear. It was weird, unearthly.

How could that movie slip out of my mind?

[quote=“Johny_Exhale2”]
yeah, they fuck with you but in a diffrent way a horror movie fucks with you

horror movies aren’t always “scary”, though (most Japanese horror (wich i disslike) is just based on strictly violence)

if you look at the “Guinea Pig” series, it’s not scary at all, its just blood and gore straight sick shit (Charlie Sheen actually reported it because he thought it was an actual snuff movie, silly old man)

but i say; a good horror movie makes you scared and paranoia no matter how brave your soul is

the blood and murder in horror movies are just a minor detail to me, horror is a subgenre for suspense movies, hitchcock partially invented horror without having people burtally killed with a meathook

murder just discribes your fear more, it tells what could possibly be waiting for you behind your bedroomdoor

i love horror, i think the effect that it has on people is more powerfull than any genre, romantic movies make people cry, horror movies fuck with you in a way that’s more powerfull then any emotion, fear stands above love

some people say Se7en is a horror movie, no its not, i didnt feel no suspense while watching that film, it didnt scare me at all, its a ‘putting the pieces together- movie’, wich is far from horror

horror is suspense, and it just happends that violence is apart of that
[/quote]

actually, alot of Japanese and Asian horror is more subtle and doesn’t always rely on the gore effects. But those Asians do like to go to the extremes with all that freaky shit, like Takashi Miike

[quote=“Bleach”]
Right, right.

I remember the “Blair Witch Project”. It was so dismal and scary. I mean, there were no bloody scenes at all. It was just so goddamn scary. It fucked up my mind, I couldn’t sleep. And the ending wasn’t clear. It was weird, unearthly.

How could that movie slip out of my mind?
[/quote]

watch The Haunting, the black and white original version, it fucks with your head, the only movie that has ever scared the shit out of me that i couldnt sleep that night.

the original Haunting just bored me.

the haunting ruled

hmmmmmmm nah

but Spoorloos is the shit

amsterdammed!

Night of the Living DEad

Dawn of the Dead

Original Texas Chainsaw Masscare ( fucking scary as hell)

Blair Witch Project

Halloween

The Shining ( it that a horror film?)

Shit, today I saw the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 1974. It’s a perfect horror movie, this should sound gay but I can’t watch it again alone. Ok, I can but I’m shaking and shit, I mean there has never been a horror movie that has affected me so much. Psycho and Blair Witch Project just went down in my list. The most scary thing is psychopatic sickness and this guy Tobe Hooper has shown it in it’s highest level of fear.

[quote=“Bleach”]
Shit, today I saw the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 1974. It’s a perfect horror movie, this should sound gay but I can’t watch it again alone. Ok, I can but I’m shaking and shit, I mean there has never been a horror movie that has affected me so much. Psycho and Blair Witch Project just went down in my list. The most scary thing is psychopatic sickness and this guy Tobe Hooper has shown it in it’s highest level of fear.

[/quote]

[quote=“Bleach”]

[/quote]

lol, as much as i hate this im gona have to agree with you , i was 16 when i saw it for the first time and actually freaked out during that last scene (the diner scene), not because its so violent just because its so so evil, the screaming that just on and on and on and on while the extremely old grandpa keeps dropping the hammer where he has to bash her skull in with

i love it now though, i watch it with a smile, really enjoy it

I can’t watch it normally, man, I’m freaking out during all the movie after the Hitchhiker first appeared. And this has the best ending of all horror movies.