Esmirelda Villalobos (Anglea Jones)

Isn’t she pretty fascinated with Butch killing that boxer? I think she’s overly fascinated with death similar to that of Gabriela, “a Colombian immigrant living in Miami who has been fascinated with violent death since she saw a falling corpse pass by her window as a child.” Gabriela is a character from ‘Curdled’ the movie that QT produced. Aren’t the connections uncanny?

Thanks for letting me share that.

Bill

Yeah, could be! Another connection in my Tarantino film connections list. Well, “Curdled” is not a real Tarantino film, but whatever.

Tarantino usually creates specific characters, that have something cool or strange or something like that. They’re always different and always special. Pulp Fiction is full of them, like Kill Bill and so on. Every character has been detailed, except for those who are just shown in crowd scenes. Or those who have been acting just for some seconds in the movie, like Bonnie - I don’t think she’s special.

And Esmeralda is not like any other woman. Like Gabriela (I actually don’t know anything about her and the film “Curdled”, but I trust you).

She sure is hot. 8)

[quote=“billwilliams70”]
Isn’t she pretty fascinated with Butch killing that boxer? I think she’s overly fascinated with death similar to that of Gabriela, “a Colombian immigrant living in Miami who has been fascinated with violent death since she saw a falling corpse pass by her window as a child.” Gabriela is a character from ‘Curdled’ the movie that QT produced. Aren’t the connections uncanny?

Thanks for letting me share that.

Bill

[/quote]

She was based on a character from Curdled that cleans up after killings…and had the same name as a character (almost) from Pulp Fiction that cleaned up after killings. Villalobos means “of the wolves” as she explains to Butch in a deleted scene. Though it really doesn’t, but lobos does mean wolves in Spanish. Another cool detail.

Most defintily Tarantino was inspired by Angela’s performance in “Curdled”. Man,I love Curdled and I love Angela Jones in it, the way she’s so obsessed with death and wether a head talks after it has been cut of…hilarious. I realy think QT used those same character qualities for the Esmeralda character in Pulp Fiction, it’s practically the same character.