Do you think Adam Sandler should be in GB?

And do you think he will be? I would say yes he should and he’d possibly take the role. He should because I thought he was good in Punch-Drunk Love and he’d possibly take the role but he might want another commercial hit instead of another real acting notch on his belt. I hope he takes the role.

Thoughts?

I don’t hate him but I hated his whole moronic shtick after two movies.

I haven’t seen PUNCH DRUNK LOVE and one reason was because of him eventhough I know he Paul Thomas Anderson was trying to transform him like Jim Carrey.

Anyhow - I don’t mind QT casting him - QT knows how to cast

So long as his character spends the movie as a side character to Michael Madsen’s leading role, I don’t see what could possibly go wrong with casting him.

UGH, hard one to answer. BTW: Sandler just got married this weekend to long time girlfriend, maybe they’re planning an Eastern European honeymoon, haha.

[quote]I don’t hate him but I hated his whole moronic shtick after two movies.

I haven’t seen PUNCH DRUNK LOVE and one reason was because of him eventhough I know he Paul Thomas Anderson was trying to transform him like Jim Carrey.

Anyhow - I don’t mind QT casting him - QT knows how to cast

[/quote]I don’t think it was a Jim Carrey type thing PT Anderson was doing. The role was made for Sandler.

[quote]
I don’t think it was a Jim Carrey type thing PT Anderson was doing. The role was made for Sandler.
[/quote]

mmmm - i’ll have to peep it and check it out

I liked Hard 8

Really liked boogie nights

and loved Magnolia

I like Adam Sandler, hes made me laugh on many occasions. I havent seen Punch Drunk Love yet, but I will rent it sometime. (Not a PTA fan)

One thing we all know is that among other things, QT is a master at casting the right people for his movie characters. If Sandler is right for the role QT has for him, then so be it.

[quote]I like Adam Sandler, hes made me laugh on many occasions. I havent seen Punch Drunk Love yet, but I will rent it sometime. (Not a PTA fan)

One thing we all know is that among other things, QT is a master at casting the right people for his movie characters. If Sandler is right for the role QT has for him, then so be it. [/quote]

yeah the more and more I think about the cast for KILL BILL the more and more I have faith in him.

Shit he’s bringing back SPAWN

[quote]I like Adam Sandler, hes made me laugh on many occasions. I havent seen Punch Drunk Love yet, but I will rent it sometime. (Not a PTA fan)

One thing we all know is that among other things, QT is a master at casting the right people for his movie characters. If Sandler is right for the role QT has for him, then so be it. [/quote]Rent it now. I think I like that movie more than most people. Sandler should have got that Golden Globe even though it was in a lot of ways a dramatic preformance…

[quote]

yeah the more and more I think about the cast for KILL BILL the more and more I have faith in him.

Shit he’s bringing back SPAWN[/quote]I think I was too tough on Tarantino’s casting whenI first heard who the cast was. I can watch every Tarantino movie and not point out one miss cast actor.

QT managed to bring out a great performance from John Travolta in Pulp. At that time, Travolta was doin those “Look who’s talking” movies which were probably far more crappy than most of Adam Sandler movies. So have faith.

I heard that QT attended Sandler’s wedding. Seems like they know each other quite well. I think Sandler won’t do bad playing a soldier or something.

As long as Sandler doesn’t use his stupid waayyyawaasawana voice then i guess he’ll be ok. We should give him a chance considering that we can’t really tell if he’s a good actor or anything because none of his previous roles have required him to be.

i like sandlers older movies (happy gilmore, billy madison). they are funny. his newer movies arent doing to well. i hated mr. deeds. but if QT wants him in then i cant stop him, if he is though, i hope he dies a very painfull death in that movie.

[quote]i like sandlers older movies (happy gilmore, billy madison). they are funny. his newer movies arent doing to well. i hated mr. deeds. but if QT wants him in then i cant stop him, if he is though, i hope he dies a very painfull death in that movie.[/quote]

I’ve hated every Sandler flick I’ve seen up until Punch Drunk Love. I’m no PTA fan, but I enjoyed Punch Drunk. It shows that the dude has some range and can do things besides baby talk.

I don’t really care for him either way. If QT thinks he’s good for the movie, then goddammit, he must be the guy for the part. QT’s casting judgements have been pretty solid so far.

i honestly think sandler would make a good fit for a part in this movie. after seeing punch drunk love i realized two things… one, punch drunk love is a shitty movie… and two, sandler can go a whole movie without arguing which is better, shampoo or conditioner (my money is on the shampoo) and be a pretty good actor. besides, charlie sheen was awesome in Platoon and hes a fucking dickwad

adam just needs the right movie and the right scene and he could make the ultimate transition into a new genre, what if he gets into a scene where he enters a concentraition camp and sees whats been going down and breaks down, and what if he won an oscar for it…huh?..no? well, i’ll see it anyway

I would leave it up to QT, he’s hasn’t made a bad picks for his cast. He’s even mad some actors famous again so, I would let me decide.

Picture Adam Sandler all dirty and scruffy. Then picture him playing a role like Eli Wallach in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. I know, at first, it might appear as miscasting, but Sandler has the chops to pull off a guy like that. If Inglorious Bastards turns out to be what QT has been hinting it will be his version of the Leone Classic.