Do you play an instument?

Well, do you? What kind of instrument? Can you play good? How long do you play? Can you play songs that appear in QT movies?

I can play acoustic guitar and the piano. I’d say that I’m better on the guitar, mainly because I enjoy it more. I’ve played the piano for about 6 years and the guitar for about 2 years.

I’ve wrote a couple of songs too. There not very good though :’(

Drums

For about 3 years now

Im the best drummer in the world times 2 ::slight_smile:

i can play the guitar, piano, mandolin, and harmonica

i’m best at guitar and piano.

i’ve played guitar for 5 years, piano for 3, and mandolin and harmonica for maybe 2 (?)

I play guitar too. Electric and acoustic, I like electric more. I’m playing for 2 years now. I want to play harmonica, I have one, but I don’t know how to start. Shepherd, can you play guitar and harmonica at the same time? Like ‘Blowing in the Wind’, that is so cool.

[quote]I play guitar too. Electric and acoustic, I like electric more. I’m playing for 2 years now. I want to play harmonica, I have one, but I don’t know how to start. Shepherd, can you play guitar and harmonica at the same time? Like ‘Blowing in the Wind’, that is so cool.[/quote]

it’s soooo much easier to play electric guitar. it’s more fun to play electric if you’re by yourself, but it’s a lot of fun to play acoustic if you’re with a bunch of other acoustic players. nothin sounds better than a chorus of acoustic guitars. ;D

and about the harmonica thing, i can play a few songs on the harmonica while i’m playing the guitar, the most notable is probably Like A Rolling Stone, although that harmonica is very simple.

Vince: what kind of harmonica do you have? i mean, do you know what key it’s in?

that goes a long way when it comes to learning how to play it

I really don’t know what kind of harmonica I have. Did you learn it yourself or did you had lessons?

i play guitar. havent practised for a while. will get back to it…

I’ve been playing the Trumpet for about 8 years.

[quote]I really don’t know what kind of harmonica I have. Did you learn it yourself or did you had lessons?[/quote]
i just kind of fucked around on it until it sounded right. don’t get me wrong, i’m not very good at it, but when you figure out the basics of playing a harmonica, it’s pretty easy to play simple stuff (e.g. some of Bob Dylan’s stuff). just buy a harmonica in the key of C or G (they’re the easiest to play over) and then play chords in that key (C or G, depending on which harmonica you’re playing). Like A Rolling Stone’s in C if that helps. and Vince, check out THIS site. it’s all dylan music and if you click on HELP you can read some stuff about dylan’s harmonica playing. good luck. :slight_smile:

[quote]shepherd, can you play harmonica’s song from ouatitw?[/quote]
i’ve never sat down and tried to figure it out, but it doesn’t sound hard at all. i’d need to know the key, but it sounds extremely simple.

EDIT: that’s the thing about harmonica’s though, they aren’t as versatile as guitars or pianos. i think they play 3 keys per harp depending on if you can play cross-harp (which i can’t). there’s more to harmonica than you would think, but i am only a beginner. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just found out that my hormonica is in key C. But it’s pretty old and some notes don’t sound right I think. Maybe I’m going to buy a new one, it’s fucking cool if you can play harmonica :slight_smile:

[quote]I just found out that my hormonica is in key C. But it’s pretty old and some notes don’t sound right I think. Maybe I’m going to buy a new one, it’s fucking cool if you can play harmonica :slight_smile:[/quote]

Vince, i’m not sure how much you know about music theory, but just in case you don’t know it too well, you can play anything on that harmonica over these chords: C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim; and you’ll be in key. a harmonica in the key of C just has the notes in the C scale (duh). good luck. with that info, you can play it, just practice so you can get a tune from the harmonica and so you can play both at the same time.

have fun  8)

EDIT:
[quote] ohhh and the best one to play is the godfather theme.[/quote]
there’s supposedly a version of The Godfather theme that Slash from Guns 'n Roses plays live. i’ve never heard it but there’s a tab of it floating around on some sites. i learned it a while ago and it sounds pretty good.

The Godfather Theme from Slash is so fucking beautiful. I can play that too. From QT’s movie songs I can play Miserlou, Little Green Bag, Surf Rider and Woo Hoo.

THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME! :o

I used to play clarinet in 6th and 7th grade, then I upgraded to Saxophone because I’m just cool like that.

…wow…that’s also fucking awesome… ;D

i play the drums(since 6th grade, now I’m a junior at NC State) and I’m in the marching band this year playing the tenors(5 drums), i play the piano, and guitar

Man, all I ever wanted to do was play the drums, so I took up percussion at high school…but the thing was that the school didnt need drum kit players for their sympothny, no what they decided to teach us was the bloody glockenspeal…2 YEARS OF FRIKIN GLOCKENSPEAL!!!..its enough to send anyone over the edge…needless to say when I found out the best theyd ever let you play was the big drum (and even then only once you’d mastered the Xylophone, a wooden version of the glockenspeal) I quit.

oh yeah I also learnt piano for 5 years…but in all honesty I was preety crap at it…

I wonder if anybody knows how to play the triangle?

Hahah The Triangle? Wouldn’t you be able to master that in like 3 hours?