DiVAS Collection

How cool would it be for QT to release seperate DVD’s for all of the memebers of DiVAS. We all remember in Volume 1 how the story of Oren was told through anime what if there was a collection released of let’s say an hour movie of the background of each character in anime like in the Volume 1. The first would be Oren since we got a little of it in the movie then Vernita and so on. We get the background on each character and how they came to join the group. The Bride would not get one seeing how the movie is about her. Any opinions on this???

I think it would be pretty cool, even though in the movies we’re introduced to a bunch of characters who’d deserve a special edition, apart from the DiVAS (think about GoGo, Pai Mei, Sofie Fatale…and Bill himself :wink: ), so I don’t really think it would be possible.

[quote]I think it would be pretty cool, even though in the movies we’re introduced to a bunch of characters who’d deserve a special edition, apart from the DiVAS (think about GoGo, Pai Mei, Sofie Fatale…and Bill himself :wink: ), so I don’t really think it would be possible.[/quote]

already fucked up enough that they did that with Reservoir Dogs. i sure hope they dont pull any of that shit with kill bill. different editions. how much money do you wanna spend? no thankee

Reptile you forgot Hattori Hanzo. 8)

The Res dogs DVDs were a complete cash in. I mean come on the boxset of 4 RD DVDs with different cardboard sleeves. The sense in that? :-/

[quote]
The Res dogs DVDs were a complete cash in. I mean come on the boxset of 4 RD DVDs with different cardboard sleeves. The sense in that? :-/[/quote]

exactly. i bought the australian DVD. it got better quality, none of the pan-and-scan crap and a simple (but ugly) cover :wink:

they wont do that with kill bill. i am sure of that

I’m not talking about different covers for the DVD itself. I’m talking about a series of 5 DVD’s entitled DiVAS Collection. They would be straight to video and each one would be and anime movie telling the back story of each DiVA member and how they came to join the group and be who they are. Like in Volume 1 with the little back story on Oren. The DVD series would have to start with Oren then follow by giving us Vernita, Budd, Elle, and finally Bill. The Bride would not get one since the movie is about her. What about that???

What’s wrong with having different dvd covers? I actually think it was a cool thing what Artisan did. No one’s asking you to buy all of them, you just have this cool chance to choose your own favorite character, hence cover.

Back on topic, I would love to see a Bill backstory…his relationship with Hattori Hanzo and consequently the story leading to him becoming evil.

it’d just be another Miramax money scam.

No one would force you to buy it. It be somethiing fans like me would pay to see.

[quote]What’s wrong with having different dvd covers? I actually think it was a cool thing what Artisan did. No one’s asking you to buy all of them, you just have this cool chance to choose your own favorite character, hence cover.[/quote]

Yeah I agree, I have the Mr. Blonde one but you can’t deny that the RD box set wasn’t a cash in. I mean putting 4 exactly the same DVDs with different covers in a box and selling them?

I bought a cheap one from Wal-Mart (Res. Dogs SE) that has all four of them on it.

And on-topic, I think it would be great to see a Bill one. I mean, QT’s range could be expanded to include Anime-spin-off-epic. Hell yeah.

Sorry, but thats a silly idea. The american “Reservoir Dogs” 10th Anniversary are just stupid money-making, and that was one of the reasons that I have bought the british Momentum/Kinowelt DVD with a really stylish cover, the best picture quality (with the australian) and the good old 2.0 sound remix. I’m happy with that DVD and, be honest, the covers of the american 10th anniversarys are not very beautiful. Who wants to have Tim Roth’s whole face on a cover :smiley: ? The australian and british DVDs have stylish covers, yeah!

My wish for “Kill Bill” is a double-packed box-set with Volume 1 and 2 on two DVDs, and two other DVDs with a hell lot of bonusmaterial! That all packed in a nice, stylish digipack with a cool cover and I’m happy as hell :slight_smile: !

[quote]I bought a cheap one from Wal-Mart (Res. Dogs SE) that has all four of them on it.

And on-topic, I think it would be great to see a Bill one.  I mean, QT’s range could be expanded to include Anime-spin-off-epic.  Hell yeah.[/quote]

I bought the same copy as you did, and it was also at Wally world

[quote]

I bought the same copy as you did, and it was also at Wally world
[/quote]

Wally World? As in National LAmpoon’s Vacation?

BTW, sweet avatar.

[quote]

Wally World?  As in National LAmpoon’s Vacation?

BTW, sweet avatar.
[/quote]

no, I call Wal-Mart Wally World.

btw-thank you. I was getting tired of the ol’ Kurt Cobain one that said “don’t touch me I’m thinking” under it. So, I thought, “who is one of the coolest movie characters who’s not Tarantinian?” (I didn’t wanna be cliched). Could be the Man With No Name, but I decided against that, and went for ol’ Jaaaaack Sparrow! Ahem, Captain Jack Sparrow.

Yeah, I almost snagged Sparrow, but I took Carl instead.

[quote]Yeah, I almost snagged Sparrow, but I took Carl instead.[/quote]

ah, I see. Sparrow is my third coolest movie character of all time, behind the Man With No Name and Jules.

off topic alert

[quote]off topic alert[/quote]

no shit alert
buono's pointing out the obvious alert

yo mama