Did You Notice

[quote=“Larry”]
Well, Mr Brown sure had a very interesting speech, and all the dogs were professionals, so you naturally assume they have a interesting history. The girls in DP are just… random girls.
[/quote]

Nah, even if I hadn’t known they were professionals, I would have wanted to know their history. Its not just the fact that DP girls are just random girls (but I don’t doubt that), its a bunch of other factors that I’ve mentioned IMO.

[quote=“dandadub”]
yeah her nose is pretty fucked up, just watched dp last night. vanessa has a huge pot belly and a massive arse, theres actually nothing attractive about her in this movie.
[/quote]

It’s people like you, who cause others to suffer eating disorders. She was gorgeous.

[quote=“cherrydarling”]
It’s people like you, who cause others to suffer eating disorders. She was gorgeous.
[/quote]

Gorgeous is a little far. I’d say attractive and leave it at that. Sydney was gorgeous, maybe with a little attitude adjustment even more so.

Yeah I can agree with that, Sydney was cute, but some girls need to tone down the fierceness. There’s being cute and sassy, and then there’s being a bitch.

I thought Vanessa Ferlito was a babe, more because I respected that she had some curves, her face wasn’t perfect, but she still did her thing, and looked damn sexy doing it. I love that QT didn’t cast cookie cutter, stick thin, glamazons. And as a woman, I find that much more appealing. One of the many reasons I love Q.

[quote=“cherrydarling”]
Yeah I can agree with that, Sydney was cute, but some girls need to tone down the fierceness. There’s being cute and sassy, and then there’s being a bitch.

I thought Vanessa Ferlito was a babe, more because I respected that she had some curves, her face wasn’t perfect, but she still did her thing, and looked damn sexy doing it. I love that QT didn’t cast cookie cutter, stick thin, glamazons. And as a woman, I find that much more appealing. One of the many reasons I love Q.
[/quote]

I loved that actually. He cast real women! And a real woman looks ten times better than some stick figure fake ass beauty queen any old day of the fucking week. And when they happen to be saying QT’s dialogue… to good to be true.

Amen to that!

It’s one of the things that gives him such a strong female fan base as well.

[quote=“cherrydarling”]
Amen to that!

It’s one of the things that gives him such a strong female fan base as well.
[/quote]

It’s funny to me how many chicks I know didn’t really think of QT as being “for” women but the second I show them one of his movies (usually Jackie Brown) it’s like a revelation. He’s like an American Pedro Almodovar when it comes to that.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

[quote=“LT. Ordell Rodriguez”]
It’s funny to me how many chicks I know didn’t really think of QT as being “for” women but the second I show them one of his movies (usually Jackie Brown) it’s like a revelation. He’s like an American Pedro Almodovar when it comes to that.
[/quote]

Almodovar is really about woman. Even when a guy is the main character, he has woman complexes. Tarantino (due the violence, language and so on) has a real male touch even if the main character is a woman. They can’t be compare I think…

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Almodovar is really about woman. Even when a guy is the main character, he has woman complexes. Tarantino (due the violence, language and so on) has a real male touch even if the main character is a woman. They can’t be compare I think…
[/quote]

Of course they can. As far as the violence goes they both have there fair share (QT obviously more but violence is a main stay in both their universes). And the “male touch” I don’t buy for a second. As he proved in Jackie Brown, Kill Bill, and Death Proof, all those qualities (violence, language, and so forth) can be just as easily feminine. Pedro does that just as well.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/may … male-roles”>Why Quentin Tarantino should be celebrated by women | Quentin Tarantino | The Guardian</LINK_TEXT>

Saw this and thought of the conversation we were having before.

"Jackie Brown, of course, was a welcome showcase for the glory that is Pam Grier. I’m not a fan of Uma Thurman, but she’s magnificent in Kill Bill, where Tarantino encourages her to be ugly, at the unkempt extremes of physical endurance, in a way that only makes her more attractive. As for Death Proof, if you haven’t seen the version with Vanessa Ferlito’s lapdance, you’ve missed out; it’s the opposite of demeaning, and a celebration of the female physique with a proper belly and bottom. Only a director who really likes women could film them like this."

Is this woman inside my brain or what?! Nice job picking up that article. I don’t think I need to say anymore, it’s all here. I hope others have read this article. It’s brilliant.

A+ Anne Billson!

Did anyone know that The Texas Chili Parlor in Deathproof really doesn’t have a back porch or a parking lot. That red door she walks through to go smoke is actually the door going into the kitchen. And that amazing jukebox is a prop unfortunately! Also the waitress, who brings the shots to the table, actually works there.

[quote=“coxut2006”]Did anyone know that The Texas Chili Parlor in Deathproof really doesn’t have a back porch or a parking lot. That red door she walks through to go smoke is actually the door going into the kitchen. And that amazing jukebox is a prop unfortunately! Also the waitress, who brings the shots to the table, actually works there.[/quote]

Yeah. I mentioned that before. I go to the TCP everytime I’m in Austin. The jukebox was Quentin’s personal jukebox.

haha that definitely sounded like a QT jukebox

I didn’t notice that but when I saw the film the first time, Zoe’s stunt work absolutely blew my mind. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any stunt work before that was so incredibly ballsy and impressive. I didn’t see it at the theater and if I had I’m not sure my heart would’ve survived watching it on a big screen.