Did You Notice

[quote=“SaveTheCheerleader”]
The Opening Credits Of Death Proof are in the EXACT same font and color as That 70’s Show.
[/quote]

Okay, now I need to start watching That 70’s Show. Good catch. I bet this film has a thousand Easter eggs just like the one above.

Ive never watched That 70s Show, Im not going to watch it now, but Id like to check out the font they use.

I haven’t seen the credits to Death Proof, but here are the That 70’s Show credits:

Ive seen that font used many times actually wayyyyy before That 70s Show.

For example: One of my favorite shows as a kid, The Amazing Spider Man live action TV series (from the real 70s) used that font too.

Take a look:

The Amazing Spiderman TV series intro (1977) - YouTube

So basically, Quentin uses that 70’s font at the start of DP.

I use to watch that 70s show all the time(Red kicks ass btw!) but everytime I would watch it they would show the same damn episodes >:(

Did you notice

• “Misirlou” being listed in the jukebox in DP?
  • the picture of Johnny Cash hanging behind the Guerro’s bar that said “Cash Only” with him giving us his middle finger?

Yep! We listed those in the wiki already.

the movies on the sign that stuntman mike hit in the car chase scene were scary movie 4 and wolf creek

[quote=“splatter master”]
the movies on the sign that stuntman mike hit in the car chase scene were scary movie 4 and wolf creek
[/quote]

[quote=“ToothpickVicVega”]
Yep! We listed those in the wiki already.
[/quote]

That font and color was also used in The Dukes of Hazzard. I figured that might be the reference Quentin was going for.

[quote=“Sylvia”]
Mike is in the dinner where Zoe, Kim, Lee and Abernathy are having lunch.

He’s sitting in the counter behind them.

[/quote]

not only that but in the first half, you can see Mike sitting at the Texas Chili Parlour counter in the background as Jungle Julia walks around the bar talking to Lanna Frank on the phone, way before we’re formally introduced to him.

When Abby Pays for the Allure magazine there’s a magazine with Marg Helgenberger and Willam Petersen on the cover. It also says CSI on the cover 8)

I want to know what people think about this, but when Pam orders and Cabo Wabo… and a Virgin Pina Colada for Mike, Warren repeats the order by pointing to Pam and saying Cabo Wabo and pointing to Mike and saying “virgin”. Does anyone else think that’s something significant in a filmic sense?

You might be onto something! Oh that QT, never ceases to amaze!! It reminds me of the “little dick” scene.

I know this isn’t the general ways of the cool directors (Ford, Scorsese etc.) but wouldn’t it be great if QT told us at one point in time through a book or something every “nifty little detail” about his films, before, you know… it’s too late? I mean there is just soooo much to his films, so many subtle things like that shown in the most covert way that only the intelligent minds pick up on them. I love nifty little details like that. That book, “Kill Bill Casebook” where the author gathers all these little details about Kill Bill for almost every second of footage, there should be one of those for his other films too.

It doesn’t help that people who dislike his films are unknown to most of these details. They’ll totally dislike a film, or a scene, then you explain the workings of it, references, tid-bits, why he did what we see basically, and they’re like “oh well… ermmm… I didn’t now that. I didn’t see it like that. Ermmm… yeah but Kill Bill still sucks.”

[quote=“Angel”]
I want to know what people think about this, but when Pam orders and Cabo Wabo… and a Virgin Pina Colada for Mike, Warren repeats the order by pointing to Pam and saying Cabo Wabo and pointing to Mike and saying “virgin”. Does anyone else think that’s something significant in a filmic sense?
[/quote]

Yeah I do actually. It ties into the whole slasher film killer theme. Most of the time the Final Girls are virginal and the killers are usually asexual beings. QT explained it in an interview, but the killer and the Final Girl usually have a certain connection on the sexual level, thats why the Final Girls can kill them whereas the sexually active teens are always the ones who get offed cuz they arent paying attention.

So for QT, that whole Cabo Wabo…virgin thing may be a little in joke for himself to giggle at.

i was going to talk about that…i dont have the movie here with me, but this isnt the only moment that quentin suggests Stuntman Mike is virgin…the other one is pretty close, but i dont remember now when it is…

but im pretty sure thats what quentin was trying to say

Virgin Stuntman Mike…

Welly, maybe. I remember that when the sheriff and his son were talking about mike’s motivation to kill, the sheriff said that it was probably a sexual thing. And, by the way, disorders of behavior caused by sexual problems is something that makes sense, at least for Freud, I guess.

That’s why we love you QT

[quote=“Stuntman Mike B”]
Did you notice that when we Stuntman Mike in his car the 2nd time, the first time Butterfly sees him before going into Guerro’s, if you look to the background, all the way on the left side of frame, you’ll see a large group of onlookers being herded like sheep. The camera’s slowly trucking right with the car so they eventually go out of frame but I thought that was an interesting flub, onlookers actually in the frame. Now, you might not agree that they’re onlookers but they sure do look like it, like it would not make sense that such a densly packed group of people are at the corner and the rest of the street is deserted. The next time you see it, you’ll know what I mean.

It’s when Butterfly first sees Stuntman Mike in his car, from the side. However it’s our 2nd time seeing him, or atleast his car. It’s outside and during the day.
[/quote]

Haha, 9:14 (<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … annel_page”>- YouTube</LINK_TEXT>) !

[quote=“Stuntman Mike B”]
Poor Dakota, her Mother, Husband and Son (played by Rebel Rodriguez) all die in the same day.
[/quote]

But her father survived a shot in the head. Like The Bride.