Demise of music industry

hey everyone, for the past five years or so (in america atleast) I’ve realized that music has just turned absolutley horrible. The music that tops the billboard top music boards is the most untalented crap ever to grace a top music list. I like every brand of music, but this is what really pisses me off…

Demise of music... - YouTube

so i made a quick video when i was bored and had some freetime. I would love to hear any responses, positive or negative on what you think of this kind of music.

Couldn’t agree more.

And the only good stuff that’s out nowadays is indie and alternative stuff that seems to rarely make it to the top of the charts. My older sister likes Justin Timberlake, and when she mentions his name, I want to punch her in the crotch. Seriously, everyone in the world who likes popular modern music drives me crazy.

I agree.But for me it´s only Hip Hop stuff like that I´m still listening to in the charts, if I ever do so (normally I don´t hear radio or so).

By the way,bad example to mention ACDC.

I wasn’t saying AC/DC is bad. In the video it says “why do people listen to so much crap?”…then it cuts to the line “i’ll tell ya why…cause i’m TNT”, its’ just a response transition into showing good music (acdc/hendrix).

acdc totally rocks, Bon Scott is better than johnson imo. To me music has really went downhill as well and mtv hardly ever shows music anymore.

These guys like:

The Rolling Stones

Aerosmith

AC/DC

Pink Floyd

are all LEGENDS…however, they are too fucking old to be jumping around on stage in spandex pants or private school uniforms. They need to go direct a symphony or something like that…go ahead IFY, make your attack.

[quote=“Black Mamba!”]
hey everyone, for the past five years or so (in america atleast) I’ve realized that music has just turned absolutley horrible.[/quote]

Rap and Hip Hop have taken over MTV, that’s why.

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]
Add to that “American Idol” and Vanessa Hugens (who drives me nuts, btw)=today music totally sucks :frowning:

I thought dumb teen shows have taken over mtv or was i mistaken.

Ahah, finally someone opened a topic in the subject, after the spamming in the 1990’s topic. I won’t repeat everything I said, I guess I’ve already talked too much, don’t want any enemy on this board :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Ahah, finally someone opened a topic in the subject, after the spamming in the 1990’s topic. I won’t repeat everything I said, I guess I’ve already talked too much, don’t want any enemy on this board :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]
it’s a little to late for that miss smarty pants! I’m your new enemy! lol.

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]

As far as hip hop goes i really liked 90’s hip hop(mainly 2pac and B.I.G) but I also like The geto boys

[quote=“me”]
As far as hip hop goes i really liked 90’s hip hop(mainly 2pac and B.I.G) but I also like The geto boys
[/quote]
ghetto boys kicked ass. I remember these two songs “gangsta boogie”, and “the other level”

Bushwick Bill/bigest lil brother you know - YouTube

lol thats crazy

[quote=“me”]
acdc totally rocks
[/quote]

The greatest Australian band ever. And there have been many greats.

Personally, I’m of the opinion that music and fashion peaked in the eighties and now it’s all downhill.

[quote=“Angel”]
The greatest Australian band ever. And there have been many greats.

Personally, I’m of the opinion that music and fashion peaked in the eighties and now it’s all downhill.
[/quote]

would Men At Work be included? lol

Midnight Oil is the greatest Australian band!

At least you lucky people don’t have to listen to country music 10 hours a friggin day. People have the right to consider country music a viable artform, and I have the right to consider those people idiots. They are just repetitive as the popular stations. The latest hit makes fun of people who like scifi and computers. Closed minded fuckers. The worst of it is most of the new country is oversentimental pussy shit about guys crying over how much they love their children.

True acdc is the best band from australia but have you heard of silverchair? Silverchair is a badass band.

[quote=“HostOfThreads”]

At least you lucky people don’t have to listen to country music 10 hours a friggin day. People have the right to consider country music a viable artform, and I have the right to consider those people idiots. They are just repetitive as the popular stations. The latest hit makes fun of people who like scifi and computers. Closed minded fuckers. The worst of it is most of the new country is oversentimental pussy shit about guys crying over how much they love their children.
[/quote]

I listen to Johnny Cash but I wouldnt really call him country.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
would Men At Work be included? lol
[/quote]

I love Men at work:

[ldown under]

"Buying bread from a man in Brussels

He was six foot four and full of muscles

I said, "Do you speak-a my language?“

He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich”

Favorite AC/DC songs:

1. Night Prowler
  2. For those about to rock
  3. Have a drink on me
  4. Thunderstruck
  5. Back in Black
  6. Sink the Pink (wonder what that means)
  7. Shook me all night long
  8. Highway to Hell
  9. Ive got big balls
  10. Money Talks

I love night prowler but you cant understand a damn word that he’s singing.

Wheres tnt and kicked in the teeth(two of my songs by acdc)

[TNT]

“I’m dirty, mean and mighty unclean

I’m a wanted man

Public enemy number one

Understand

So lock up your daughter n’ lock up your wife

Lock up your back door and run for your life

The man is back in town

So don’t you mess me 'round

’Cause I’m T.N.T”

[Kick in the teeth]

“Two faced woman with the two faced lies