The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Death Rides a Horse DVD

Just would like to know about the US/ European… DRAH dvd quallity, 'cause the brazillian dvd is just the worst thing ever released, it’s kind of a terrible vhs rip (1;33).

My copy definitely sucks major ass. but for 4 bucks i’m happy. very cool movie.

I just cant find this movie anywhere

I’ve got a dub of this in widescreen but the sound sucks ass. I guess this was one of those movies that just never got taken care of properly.

But I wonder if the Italian version has the same blurry soundtrack.

death rides a horse really need a better dvd.

Anchor Bay rock a lot. they recently produced a DVD box set with several italian westerns in it called “once upon a time in italy”. all good quality remasters with some good special features. i will buy that

Yeah, Anchor Bay and Blue Underground have been releasing their spaghetti westerns with the Italian tracks. And (Like I said above) I wonder if the Italian track sounds more cleaner than the English dub.

John Phillip Law’s dubbed voice cracks me up. Everytime I hear it, I expect him to say, “Well–I dunno, Pilgrim” in a poor-man’s version of John Wayne.

[quote]My copy definitely sucks major ass.  but for 4 bucks i’m happy.  very cool movie.[/quote]

Where’d you get it from?

I got it off Half.com. The quality is actually not THAT bad. It was well worth the 4 bucks i paid for it.

[quote]  The quality is actually not THAT bad.[/quote]

True. Once you get past the opening night-time sequence, the movie begins to look better and better. Although it’s still best viewed in widescreen…As one would expect.

EXACTLY! The first scene is horrible, but it gets much better after that.

but its a fucking fullscreen crapfest! how can you buy that!?

[quote]but its a fucking fullscreen crapfest! how can you buy that!?[/quote]

well, i only spent a whopping 3 dollars on it so that’s pretty much how…fullscreen crapfest-yes, but small price to pay to have a great movie on DVD

fuck that- buy a cheap dvd burner, rent the movie, make a copy and watch that crapfest without having to spend money on it except for the rental fee

[quote]fuck that- buy a cheap dvd burner, rent the movie, make a copy and watch that crapfest without having to spend money on it except for the rental fee[/quote]

and the dvd burner

um, good point.

you could always just return the dvd burner

What I do, is, I boycott crap dvds, because I dont want to support it. I can always wait until a decent edition comes out, and that principle always proved me right so far

coming to DVD from MGM in Europe TOMORROW

german title: die rechnung wird mit blei bezahlt

www.spaghetti-western.net - your spaghetti western resource