Death Proof Visual Analysis

I just had an idea. I thought it would be fun/interesting to do a screenshot analysis of Death Proof when the DVD is released. People can take screenshots of certain parts that interest them/they find visually eye catching and post them and we can discuss it. I think when we watch movies we think about alot of things as we see the shots, but forget about them when its over. This way we can look at them and post our thoughts on them. What do you think?

Why not?

Make a start when the DVD arrives and we will see :slight_smile:

There’s sure a lot to analysis in QT’s movies. It’s a good idea.

I’ll have to wait longer before the dvd is released here. So when you start posting pics, I’ll take the ones already posted to analyse them.

Im not going to be able to take screenshots myself because my damn computers region code is locked on Region 3. So I cant watch any reg 1 dvds on my computer now.

Those screenshots are excellent! Thanks KK!

Shot 1 & 2: Arlene and Nate outside. These rainy shots were inspired by the opening of Argento’s Suspiria according to QT.

Shots 3 & 4: Two awesome looking FX shots from the big crash scene. Mike isnt only killing the women he is raping them as the crash occurs. Could the tire ripping Arlenes face off be a metaphor for oral sex? Who knows?!!

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Im not going to be able to take screenshots myself because my damn computers region code is locked on Region 3. So I cant watch any reg 1 dvds on my computer now.
[/quote]

Hi!

Download VLC player and use it to watch dvds.

Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

That should do it.

Mike, Thanks for that tip. I actually tried using VLC awhile back but it wouldnt work on my computer for some reason.

How about these selected shots?

Ahah, did you find all the feet shots in the movie to make this collage ? All I have to say, you sure share the same foot fetish with QT :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish he liked big tits even more but then I guess he would be Russ Meyer eh?

Oh, if you wanna talk about that, be sure to find Me, ahah, he admitted the other day he was more like the Russh Meyer style :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope when QT makes Bastards he doesnt shoot 100 close ups of army boots!! :slight_smile:

I don’t actually have a foot fetish at all (though none of the feet shown are bad). I just find it funny that he’s pretty much outdone himself in the foot department with Death Proof. Besides all these shots and a few more I didn’t include, there’s two mentions of getting foot massages and of course Abernathy mentioning that Mike bumped into her feet. One of the trailers had that part with Julia saying “don’t worry about my feet”. I was kind of bummed that this wasn’t included in the extended version.

Putney, you know you have a thing for rugged army boots traipsing through the mud, so there’s no point in denying it!

(exclusive first shot of Inglorious Bastards)

[quote=“DarthMarino”]I was kind of bummed that this wasn’t included in the extended version.
[/quote]Are you kidding? Or are you serious?

Please! No more rumors!!!

I can’t stand it anymore…

Is the Extended Cut incomplete?

No, I’m not kidding. Why, was it in the European cut? If so, exactly where was it?

[quote=“DarthMarino”]
No, I’m not kidding. Why, was it in the European cut? If so, exactly where was it?
[/quote]I can’t remember exactly :frowning:

However, the feet-bumping scene… you mean that one in the b/w-part, am I right?

Thats what I remember, but the dialog…

The dialog I wrote out is from one of the trailers but not from the B/W scene. Julia’s sitting behind the Taco joint with her feet in the rain. Mike says “You’re feet are going to get wet” or something along those lines and Julia responds “don’t worry about my feet.” I just checked the script and there is a scene with Mike and Julia after she offers him pot but before he returns with the drinks for her and Butterfly. Most of the scene is them arguing about her feet. It begins on page 56 of the script (BACK ON THE PORCH).

so the jungle julia ‘stop looking at my feet’ scene on the porch that was shown in the making of is not in the full version? FUCK! >:(

Has anyone noticed Stuntman Mike sitting in the bar area inside the diner when Tarantino does that 360 shot on the girls? It’s at the very beginning of the scene we see a shot of Stuntman snooping in to their conversation. I just noticed that today - I sort of feel stupid for missing that shot in theatres , though I don’t remember seeing that in theatres, I think it was added.