Death Proof Ending

I have a question regarding the end of Death Proof. At the cinema I went to watch it at in Prague, after the girls beat on Stuntman Mike and he fell down, the girls jumped in the air arms raised and there was a freeze frame afterwhich “The End” appeared on screen moving closer towards you. Then it said “Written and Directed by Quentin Tarantino”, after that it showed Abernathy kicking Stuntman Mike’s face in. Then the rest of the credits played.

My question is, is this how it played out when you watched it, or did the “face caved-in” scene appear after the end credits?

no this how it played

No this is how it was meant to I think. It’s how I saw it at least.

It ended the same way. Mhhhmmm…

Ah ok, good.

Yes. Splendid…so, seen any other uhm, yeah.

does ANYONE ON EARTH know where to find this scene? every single clip on the net of the end of Death Proof ends with Tarantino’s credit. i wanna see it, dammit!

;D I’m just back from the cinema and saw it, too! ;D Abby kicking in Mike’s face!

Question for USA people like myself, has anyone stayed throughout the credits and seen if there was something and the very end of them? I just stayed through the first couple of songs and then made my way out. I thought I heard somewhere that there was something at the end of the credits.

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]
Question for USA people like myself, has anyone stayed throughout the credits and seen if there was something and the very end of them? I just stayed through the first couple of songs and then made my way out. I thought I heard somewhere that there was something at the end of the credits.
[/quote]

Nothing.

But I was expecting like a vintage Drive-In ad to close out the show like “Come back and visit us again”.

^ Oh, well that sucks, but atleast I didn’t miss anything! LOL!

I have to say though, the people who missed out on the USA version that actually lives in the USA really missed out. I went Easter night.

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]
[/quote]

That’s the reason why I started this thread. I read somewhere that there was a surprise right at the end of the film. So I was wondering whether that was Aby kicking in Mike’s face. I saw the proper cut of the film (as opposed to the Grindhouse cut) and stayed till after the end credits but nothing happened.

And I’m having the same problem with finding a version of DP that actually has that final scene in it.

^ I hope they wasn’t talking about Aby kicking him in the face, because that wasn’t after the credits, and heck everyone saw it because it happened like 2 seconds after “THE END” popped up!

i waited as well, but the song was great, and the Thank you list at the end was great so that was plenty already 8)

^ Cool, cool.

the ending was class. loved it. the whole audience erupted in laughing when “THE END” popped up. So sweet.

Best ending ever. I’m pretty sure it is. I haven’t seen an ending like this since Drunken Master II. (1994) Climax - freeze frame - “The End”. Brilliance. The only times I’ve seen an ending like this is DP, Drunken Master II and in the B-movie “Robo Vampire”

Well let’s just put it this way, after it ended, I had tears running down my face. Seriously.

Really? Was it because of laughing, that Stunman Mike died, because of the overwhelming level of awesomeness, or because the movie was over?

The second.