The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Death Proof AMI Jukebox (Playlist, etc)

soundtrack
music

Here it is according to the Grind House: The Sleaze Filled Saga of an Exploitation Double Feature"

[size=100]Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft / Ellie’s Love Theme

Barry White - You’re The First, the Last, My Everything / Can’t Get Enough

Bob Dylan - George Jackson (Acoustic) / George Jackson (Big Band)

Stevie Wonder - Lately / If It’s Magic

The Chi-Lights - Have You Seen Her / Oh Girl

The T.H.P. Orchestra - Theme from S.W.A.T. pt. 1 / Oh Girl

Stevie Wonder - I Ain’t Gonna Stand for It / Knocks Me Off My Seat

Bloodstone - Natural High / This Thing is Heavy

Don McLean - American Pie pt. 1 / American Pie pt. 2

The Sweet - Little Willy / Man from Mecca

The Isley Brothers - Take Me to the Next Phase pt. 1 / Take Me to the Next Phase pt. 2

The Miracles – Love Machine pt. 1 / Love Machines Pt. 2

Bob Dylan – Subterranean Homesick Blues / She Belongs to Me

Honey Cone – Stick Up / V.I.P.

Earth, Wind & Fire – Shining Star / Yearning, Learning

Amii Stewart – Knock on Wood / When You Are Beautiful

Honey Cone – Wan & Ed’s / We Belong Together

Kool & the Gang – Hollywood Swinger / Jungle Boogie

Bob Dylan - Band of the Hand / Theme From Joe’s Death

The Sweet - Wig Wam-Bam / New York Connection

Friends of Distinction - Grazing in the Grass / I Really Hope You Do

Marvin Gaye - Trouble Man / Don’t Mess with Mr. T

Bob Dylan - Stuck Inside of mobile with the Memphis Blues Again / Rita May

Pacific Gas and Electric - Are You Ready? / Staggolee

Donna Summer - Love to Love You Baby / Need-A-Man Blues

Michael Zager Band - Let’s All Chant / Love Express

Santa Esmeralda - Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood / You’re My Everything

Jigsaw - Sky High / Brand New Love Affair

George Baker Selection - Little Green Bag / Pretty Little Dreamer

The Sweet - Blockbuster / Need a Lot of Lovin’

Eddie Floyd - Good Love, Bad Love / Things Get Better

Joe Tex - The Love You Save (Maybe Your Own) / If Sugar was as Sweet as You

Bob Dylan - Gotta Serve Somebody (Long Version) / Gotta Serve Somebody (Short Version)

Dick Dale - Miserlou / Eight Till Midnight

Lee Williams - They Told a Lie / I’m Tore Up

William Bell - Formula of Love / You Don’t Miss Your Water

Dinah Washington - Mad About the Boy / Stormy Weather

The Box Tops - Cry Like a Baby / The Door You Closed to Me

The Checkmates, Ltd. - Black Pearl / Lazy Susan

The Sweet - Fox On the Run / Miss Demeanor

The Delfonics - Didn’t I (Blow Your Mind This Time) / La-La Means I love You

Brothers Johnson - Get the Funk Outta My Face / Tomorrow

Bob Dylan - Hurricane pt. 1 / Hurricane pt. 2

Abba - Waterloo / Watch Out

T. Rex - Jeepster / Life’s a Gas

Melanie - What Have They Done to my Song Ma? / Ruby Tuesday

Commander Cody - Hot Rod Lincoln / Beat Me Daddy Eight to the Bar

Robert Mitchum - Thunder Road / The Tip of My Fingers

Dean Martin - Rio Bravo / My Rifle My Pony and Me

Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich - Hold Tight / You Know What I Want

[/size]

The Chi-Lights - Have You Seen Her / Oh Girl

Robert Mitchum - Thunder Road / The Tip of My Fingers

i think that’s “Chi-Lites”. Oh Girl is a great song! truly fantastic.

And wtf? Robert Mitchum sings?

so did Dean Martin, remember Rio Bravo?

[quote=“Sebastian”]
so did Dean Martin, remember Rio Bravo?
[/quote]

Yeah but we all know Martin was a singer slash actor, i never knew Mitchum sang too. I guess he was pulling a Lee Marvin, haha.

Is this music they were listening to while making the movie or something?

this is AMI’s playlist. AMI is quentin’s personal jukebox from his house that they brought to the set. you can see it in Death Proof.

I want to collect all of the tracks to put on my iPod. Does anyone else want to help?

most of them are pretty popular songs and should be found easily .

Wow! Thank you!

This is really interesting! :wink:

BUt where have you find this list? In the Grind House companion book?

yes. buy it!! lol

I already ordered it!

;D ;D ;D

It would appear that Honey Cone’s “Wan & Ed’s/ We Belong Together” was incorrectly listed seeing how after some perusing online, I could only come up with “Want Ad’s / We Belong together.” as a a/B side single.

Weird error if so, lovin’ this playlist.

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
Yeah but we all know Martin was a singer slash actor, i never knew Mitchum sang too. I guess he was pulling a Lee Marvin, haha.
[/quote]

he did a couple of albums… he did a fantastic cover of Sunny and the Ballad of thunderoad from the movie thunderoad is amazing!

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
[/quote]

first and foremost dean martin was a singer!

Now you know what QTs listening to at home cuz thats his jukebox. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Andrew86”]
Here it is according to the Grind House: The Sleaze Filled Saga of an Exploitation Double Feature"

Abba - Waterloo / Watch Out

[/size][/i]
[/quote]

ahahahah he has a fucking abba record… i mean he has nothing but goodies here but ABBA?? does he ever plays it to score with chicks? hope not

awesome collection of songs, The ABBA songs are two of the few songs I like by them :stuck_out_tongue:

WOW!!!

The complete list of songs contained in the jukebox is as follows: 01. Isaac Hayes - Theme from Shaft / Ellie’s Love Theme (From Shaft (1971)) 02. Barry White - You’re the First, the Last, My Everything / Can’t Get Enough 03. Bob Dylan - George Jackson (Acoustic) / George Jackson (Big Band) 04. Stevie Wonder - Lately / If It’s Magic 05. The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her / Oh Girl 06. The THP Orchestra - Theme from S.W.A.T., Pt. 1 / Oh Girl 07. Stevie Wonder - I Ain’t Gonna Stand for It / Knocks Me off My Feet 08. Bloodstone - Natural High / This Thing is Heavy (“Natural High” is heard in Jackie Brown (1997)) 09. Don McLean - American Pie, Pt. 1 / American Pie, Pt. 2 10. The Sweet - Little Willy / Man from Mecca 11. The Isley Brothers - Take Me to the Next Phase, Pt. 1 / Take Me to the Next Phase, Pt. 2 12. The Miracles - Love Machine, Pt. 1 / Love Machine, Pt. 2 13. Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues / She Belongs to Me 14. Honey Cone - Stick Up / V.I.P. 15. Earth Wind & Fire - Shining Star / Yearning, Learning 16. Amii Stewart - Knock on Wood / When You Are Beautiful 17. Honey Cone - Want Ads / We Belong Together 18. Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging / Jungle Boogie (“Jungle Boogie” is heard in Pulp Fiction (1994)) 19. Bob Dylan - Band of the Hand / Theme from Joe’s Death (From Band of the Hand (1986)) 20. The Sweet - Wig-Wam-Bam / New York Connection 21. The Friends of Distinction - Grazing in the Grass / I Really Hope You Do 22. Marvin Gaye - Trouble Man / Don’t Mess With Mr. T (From Trouble Man (1972)) 23. Bob Dylan - Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again / Rita May 24. Pacific Gas & Electric - Are You Ready? / Staggolee (“Staggolee” is heard in Death Proof (2007)) 25. Donna Summer - Love to Love you Baby / Need-A-Man Blues 26. Michael Zager Band - Let’s All Chant / Love Express 27. Santa Esmeralda - Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood / You’re My Everything (“Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” is heard in Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)) 28. Jigsaw - Sky High / Brand New Love Affair 29. George Baker Selection - Little Green Bag / Pretty Little Dreamer (“Little Green Bag” is heard in Reservoir Dogs (1992)) 30. The Sweet - Blockbuster / Need a Lot of Lovin’ 31. Eddie Floyd - Good Love, Bad Love / Things Get Better (“Good Love, Bad Love” is heard in Death Proof (2007)) 32. Joe Tex - The Love You Save / If Sugar Was as Sweet as You (“The Love You Save” is heard in Death Proof (2007)) 33. Bob Dylan - Gotta Serve Somebody (Long Version) / Gotta Serve Somebody (Short Version) 34. Dick Dale - Misirlou / Eight Till Midnight (“Miserlou” is heard in Pulp Fiction (1994)) 35. Lee Williams - They Told a Lie / I’m Tore Up 36. William Bell - Formula of Love / You Don’t Miss Your Water 37. Dinah Washington - Mad About the Boy / Stormy Weather 38. The Box Tops - Cry Like a Baby / The Door You Closed to Me 39. The Checkmates, Ltd. - Black Pearl / Lazy Susan 40. The Sweet - Fox on the Run / Miss Demeanor 41. The Delfonics - Didn’t I (Blow Your Mind This Time) / La-La Means I Love You (“Didn’t I” is heard in Jackie Brown (1997)) 42. Brothers Johnson - Get the Funk Outta Ma Face / Tomorrow 43. Bob Dylan - Hurricane, Pt. 1 / Hurricane, Pt. 2 44. Abba - Waterloo / Watch Out 45. T. Rex - Jeepster / Life’s a Gas (“Jeepster” is heard in Death Proof (2007)) 46. Melanie - What Have They Done to My Song Ma? / Ruby Tuesday 47. Commander Cody - Hot Rod Lincoln / Beat Me Daddy Eight to the Bar 48. ‘Robert Mitchum (I)’ - The Ballad of Thunder Road / The Tip of My Fingers (“Ballad” is the theme from Thunder Road (1958)) 49. Dean Martin - Rio Bravo / My Rifle My Pony and Me (From Rio Bravo (1959)) 50. Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich - Hold Tight! / You Know What I Want (“Hold Tight” is heard in Death Proof (2007))

Arghh! Goin’ blind! Dizzying paragraph!

But yeah, the list was already posted a couple months back somewhere in this board. I remember there was brief convo about Robert Mitchum’s singing.

WOW! Seriously Wow! Did QT ever say where he got his fabulous jukebox? I vaguely remember him in a documentary with Fiona Apple where he offers an explanation. I think it’s posted on youtube.