Connections In The World Of Entertainment

Ok I just thought of this game we can play.

I was just thinking of how people are connected to other people in various ways. I was just thinking about how Tarantino used “A Satisfied Mind” - the Johnny Cash song in Kill Bill: Volume 2. Johnny Cash wrote a song for Ricky Nelson to sing in Rio Bravo. Rio Bravo happens to be one of Tarantino’s top 3 films. Tarantino also used Ricky Nelson’s “Lonesome Town” in Pulp Fiction. Ricky Nelson starred along side Dean Martin in Rio Bravo. The words “Martin and Lewis” are used in Chat Rabbit Slims as a name for a food. Stuff like that, they’re all related to each other.

Ok so what we do is, I start off by posting the name of somebody associated with the world of entertainment. You know the film industry, the music industry etc. The next poster has to think of a VALID connection that person has, with another person. Please don’t post stupid things, or things which you aren’t sure of. You have to be 100% sure of them and try to make them interesting. None of that retarded shit like “…has the same number of vowels in his name as…”. Please keep answers sensible, try to post facts (connections) which you think nobody else might have heard of. Try to refrain from mentioning more than one person in a post. We don’t want this to get too complicated. This thread can serve as trivial knowledge. Try to make it fun :slight_smile:

Here are a few incredibly simple examples - If I was to post “Sergio Leone” the next person might say “After meeting on set one day and chatting with him, Leone found out that he attended school with Ennio Morricone” the poster after that might say “Tarantino is a huge fan of Morricone’s music. He has used various Morricone tunes in Kill Bill.” and so on.

But remember, try to make the connections interesting, possibly something you think others are unaware of and try to post more than a sentence. Try to impress us!!

Ok, so I’ll start with none other than…

Quentin Tarantino…

he’s a director and screenwriter. ^-^

hahahahahahahahah

Dude, did you even read my post?

But he is. He is a director and a screenwriter. Should be.

No, the aim is to post how that person is connected to ANOTHER PERSON. So the next poster would post how Tarantino is connected to somebody else in the world of entertainment. Try to make it interesting.

ok I’ll take something easy and make it horrible

Quentin Tarantino was one of the four directors of the movie Four Rooms. The movie was mostly crap. The crappiest of the four segments, “The Missing Ingredient”, was written and directed by Allison Anders.

[quote=“The Pink Floyd”]
No, the aim is to post how that person is connected to ANOTHER PERSON. So the next poster would post how Tarantino is connected to somebody else in the world of entertainment.
[/quote]

Oh, and I thought this was “who is Quentin Tarantino” guessing game.

haha this game is gonna go so horribly wrong

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
ok I’ll take something easy and make it horrible

Quentin Tarantino was one of the four directors of the movie Four Rooms. The movie was mostly crap. The crappiest of the four segments, “The Missing Ingredient”, was written and directed by Allison Anders.
[/quote]

Allison Anders’ segment in Four Rooms “The Missing Ingredient” includes a character called Elspeth, who is played by Madonna

Madonna was married for 4 years to wonderfull actor Sean Penn

Sean Penn played in the mvoie, “Mystic River” along side actor , Tim Robbins.

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
Madonna was married for 4 years to wonderfull actor Sean Penn
[/quote]

Sean Penn’s son “Hopper Jack Penn” is named after two family friends, yep, you’ve guessed it Dennis Hopper and Jack Nicholson.

Damnit, I was too slow.

Ok…

Tim Robbins is married to Susan Sarandon (1988-present), with whom he has two children

Susan Sarandon appears in the movie Thelma&Louise, which is directed by Ridley Scott.

Ridley Scott’s brother is Tony Scott.

Tony Scott directed the film Domino. Mickey Rourke had originally turned down the role of Ed in the film as he felt the script was weak. He wanted to take part in another film that was shooting at the same time, the now critically/commercially bombed film - Revolver directed by Guy Ritchie.

Guy Ritchie also directed a film called Snatch which starred Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt does not normally perform in American television commercials; a notable exception to this is a Heineken commercial which aired during the 2005 Super Bowl. It was shot by David Fincher, who worked with him before on SEVEN and FIGHT CLUB.

Try to give some interesting trivia about the people. That way it will be much more interesting!! :slight_smile:

Brad Pitt is expecting his first child with Angelina Jolie (sorry, that’s all I could think of)

Angelina works for UNICEF, and has a pilot certificate. She was married to Billy Bob Thornton

Thornton boned Halle Berry in Monster’s Ball.