Clapping or Standing ovations at your local screening?

:smiley: Yes!! Here in San Francisco, both screenings I went to so far had an extended period of enthusiastic applause. I’m going again this weekend and will keep ya posted if it’s still going on…I can’t imagine seeing it with an audience that didn’t. It’s just that kind of film. I’d be really curious if there are any showings that don’t end with clapping hands…maybe when it gets to dvd?

Lots of clapping here in Paris too. People laughed a lot.

I live in Durham, North Carolina and went to see it in a cinema in a very poor area of Durham. This cinema is usually in the news for gang violence (stabbings, etc.). I was sooo surprised at the end of the film that even in this cinema the was atleast a 30 second standing ovation! This cinema was also complaining about the 35 mm print and said the projectionist had to work on it for days before opening night. The sound was fine except during Bowie’s “Cat People” it seemed like the sound was too loud for the cinema’s speakers. Going to try another theater this weekend and see how it goes.

There was a standing ovation at the omnicentre in Leith Edinburgh, Scotand. Which was great considering not being able to see a standing ovation in a film since the film ‘Braveheart’.

People were saying that they were glad that QT had proven the haters wrong.

Yeah, they clapped like heel here in Chicago, IL Saturday of opening weekend. It was nice to see that!

I think Tarantino’s BACK and better than ever!

[quote=“bigbeard60”]No clapping in my theatres at all. many laughs to. But i think that mainly the half of the audience didnt even liked or understood the movie in detail. oh, and for now i hate full packed theatres were all the dumb people are storming out right were the light goes on. couldn’t even enjoy the closing credits. fuck. :-</E>[/quote]

I was disappointed when there was nothing added after the closing credits. I think Kill Bill has the closing credits!