• 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10
  • 9/10
  • 10/10

0 voters

i found it at BLOCKBUSTER of all places for 16.99 new on dvd, is it rare and is it a good price

This is something you should’ve talked to me about. It is probably that TERRIBLE dubbed version from!!!

Bunea Vista AKA: Miramax! :smiley:

So therefore avoid it like a Matrix sequel. :slight_smile:

If it is this cover then my following statement it correct!

thats the cover, so dont get it? i would have asked you but you werent online when i was at blockbustewr (they had a comp there with msn) so i just sayed i may get it later

Dude don’t get that version, you’ll hate it!

Where can we get the good version, with out being arrested by Miramax?

Online only is my guess. I gota Chinatown in Toronto so I got mine from down there. Basically any version that doesn’t have that cover you saw above, you pick up. If there is a Chinatown in your city then I suggest looking about there, you’ll find loads of movies!

Ill have to go to Chinatown (Chicago, IL), I’m sure I can find tons of movies there. Thanks! Oh, and will they be Region 2 or 0, cause I don’t have a region free player.

Look on the back of the DVD. If it shows a globe and says All then it’s region 0. Most of the time it’s Region 0 though. There is no R-3 copies of City on Fire though but most of them still have Chinese writing all over it.

Ok, cool.

how good is City On Fire? Im pretty sure it was a major influence on Res Dogs, it has the same basic plot.

No the plot actually isn’t, the last 20 minutes is basically what influnced Reservoir Dogs. I’m tired of fucking people saying Reservoir Dogs was influenced by/ripped off this film. Read my review.

<LINK_TEXT text=“variedcelluloid.com … view.shtml”>variedcelluloid.com</LINK_TEXT>

You basically know what happens in the movie.

[quote]No the plot actually isn’t, the last 20 minutes is basically what influnced Reservoir Dogs. I’m tired of fucking people saying Reservoir Dogs was influenced by/ripped off this film. Read my review.

<LINK_TEXT text=“variedcelluloid.com … view.shtml”>variedcelluloid.com</LINK_TEXT>

You basically know what happens in the movie. [/quote]

ok, I'm sorry for saying Reservoir Dogs was influenced by it. it was just a guess. anyway, I'll read your review now...

the Version you should get is the Tai Seng DVD, you can get it at www.dvdboxoffice.com (no shipping costs!)

That’s not the Tai Seng it’s the Mega Star :stuck_out_tongue:

But that’s my version and it’s really really good.

“Tai Seng” is Cantonese for Mega Star. Actually, it’s Big Star but I guess there’s no Canto word for Mega. :wink:

[quote]“Tai Seng” is Cantonese for Mega Star. Actually, it’s Big Star but I guess there’s no Canto word for Mega. :wink:[/quote]

if there is a Cantonese word for mega, then I wanna know what it is.

[quote]“Tai Seng” is Cantonese for Mega Star. Actually, it’s Big Star but I guess there’s no Canto word for Mega. :wink:[/quote]

Sorry I didn’t know that meant that. But the actual Tai-Seng version has different features and a different cover. Unless they disturbed two DVD prints of the film.

Hmm… I’m not too sure about that, Bullet. I thought that it went under the same name, just that one is in Cantonese and one is translated. However, if you ever get the chance to say ‘star’ in Canto, the correct one would be ‘Seng seng’. Yes, it’s doubled.

Oh wait, the version Seb was talking about was released by Universe. I was wrong.

[quote]Where can we get the good version, with out being arrested by Miramax?[/quote]

Probably nowhere. Those assfuckers at Miramax contacted somebody from the kfccinema forums that was selling Infernal Affairs on ebay and told him that he had to stop.

http://www.kfccinema.com/temple/viewtopic.php?t=1685&start=0