Chan-Wook Park, Director of "OLD BOY" talks about our boy Quentin

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/05/18/film-olsen.php

From the article:

[quote]Sonny Chiba was going to be in Kill Bill. I really like Sonny Chiba, and in the storyboards for Oldboy I had an homage to him, where the picture turns to an X-ray and you see the skeleton inside someone as his bones crack. I figured Quentin Tarantino â€â€

[quote=“jeffkantoku”]

Quentin Tarantino â€â€

Naw, I mean Chan-Wook Park says the he was going to do an homage too, it’s just that he figured Tarantino would get there first. If anything, he seems to be implying that all filmmakers are thieves, which is true in a sense.

I thought the funniest part of the article was how Chan-Wook Park wanted to talk to the hot actress chicks and QT kept cock-blocking him by talking at him at a mile-a-minute… ;D

[quote]Actually, there were a couple of beautiful ladies there, Emmanuelle Béart and Tilda Swinton, and I got the impression they would like to talk to me, but I couldn’t, because Quentin Tarantino talked to me for so long. To be honest, it was a one-way conversation. He talked and I listened. [/quote]

:smiley:

Tilda Swinton? Beautiful? hahahahahahaha :smiley:

She has quite an attractive androgynous look.

Androgynous indeed. Attractive? Nah.

Tarantino is a magpie artist, perhaps that’s why BB is watching that cartoon?

I’ve got that cartoon on video funnily enough. It forms part of a three hour VHS compilation called 35 Greatest Cartoons. It includes several animated Three Stooges adventures introduced by Larry, Curly and Moe in colour.

"I learnt that technique from Quentin Tarantino, it’s called copying."

The Adam and Joe Show

QT openly admits he steals “I have no problem taking stuff from other people. Great artists don’t borrow or pay homeages… they steal” haha, indeed.

I remember reading a similar quote in Vox magazine (I think it was). “I don’t pay homage, I steal!”

I got that quote from the True Romance DVD commentary

I think he also said “I steal from every movie ever made”.

[quote=“j_c”]
I think he also said “I steal from every movie ever made”.
[/quote]

Haha, I bet you got that from a quotes web site. I don’t think he said that, it might be someone trying to take the piss.

[quote=“Ify”]
Haha, I bet you got that from a quotes web site. I don’t think he said that, it might be someone trying to take the piss.
[/quote]

That was actually from some interview. I don’t remember from where but it was even mentioned in Jami Bernand’s book Quentin Tarantino : the man and his movies.

[quote=“Ify”]
[/quote]

I got it from a topic on imdb.

one of my proffessors is handing me a copy of oldboy. qt sounds like a cool as person to be with just talking and taaaaaalking and taaaaallkking with the hommie sounds real cool.

OldBoy was great. Nothing original in it really, just the way it was done was great. Cool revenge thing. ;D

To expect Originality in every film or more importantly if you expect films not to steal from each other then your expecting an impossible standard… I intend to steal, the best filmmakers tend to be the best thieves

The homages or the pilfering of scenes gets the fans drueling.

you can’t really expect filmmakers to reinvent the wheel everytime they make a film.

Plus, some of the coolest scenes in the new bond films are the homages to the old ones. That is kind of what it is like in QTs films.

I don’t know, I’ve never seen a fight seen like that in a hallway. Though when the elevator opens it is kinda like Die Hard 3.